Production NCASE M1EVO

jbirdy402

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 20, 2023
Hello,

I'm planning to install the m1evo (rounded kit) in vertical gpu config with mini-itx board and Gigabyte Aero 4090 OC. I would prefer to use a 280mm aio to cool my cpu, but my concern is finding one with a small enough block considering this configuration only allows up to 50mm max height with a 4-slot gpu.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

skinnypotbelly

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 3, 2023
Hi I put in a pre-order for a kit. I have the Crosshair Impact DTX board. Given the so-dimm card is 70mm - what options do I have for a 280mm aio? Only top mount? Side mount won't fit?

jadeite

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 3, 2023
Bad news, ncase sent out another delay notice email today. 😤

I have been waiting for this case for an entire year and have IC priority. I ordered and paid in good faith long ago. But ncase has made one insincere delay tactic after another. And I have never in my life waited this long for a part before. This thread and the ncase web site have both been heavily edited to erase all the broken promises which is very disingenuous. Reading between the lines, today's latest ncase email says we can forget about getting the case in October. It's just so fishy and unbelievable that their estimate says it will ship by the exact last day of the month (Oct 31st). We've seen this type of promise before many times already. I predict on November 1st (or a few days after when they get around to it) there will be yet another “unexpected” delay announced. I wish ncase would stop setting unrealistic expectations and stop making excuses because this makes the situation far worse. When is the M1EVO actually going to ship? Next year? 2026? Please give us the REAL date, not more fake promises.

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020

I have been waiting for this case for an entire year and have IC priority. I ordered and paid in good faith long ago. But ncase has made one insincere delay tactic after another. And I have never in my life waited this long for a part before. This thread and the ncase web site have both been heavily edited to erase all the broken promises which is very disingenuous. Reading between the lines, today's latest ncase email says we can forget about getting the case in October. It's just so fishy and unbelievable that their estimate says it will ship by the exact last day of the month (Oct 31st). We've seen this type of promise before many times already. I predict on November 1st (or a few days after when they get around to it) there will be yet another “unexpected” delay announced. I wish ncase would stop setting unrealistic expectations and stop making excuses because this makes the situation far worse. When is the M1EVO actually going to ship? Next year? 2026? Please give us the REAL date, not more fake promises.
At least you getting emails, even if its delay information. I haven't received anything since ordering, got a generic interest check email 2 days after ordering. Been radio silence since

fishyswaz

Chassis Packer
Feb 3, 2017

To be fair - IC orders didn't open until July this year, the case (as many SFF cases) was proto'd and the development made public for a year. I understand why you're frustrated, but you've only so far been waiting on order for three or so months. This happens with nearly all SFF cases (and often delays on itx mobos etc), so in the long run 3 months and then a delay due to quality control on one of their suppliers isn't so bad.

The email (although not a direct promise) I recieved says they should ship mid-late October, I'd rather wait another month for a case I no doubt use for several new gen builds for a few years rather than recieve something that isn't up to the standards of the M1. Even if it's just down that I recieve mine before the end of the year, it's all good - more often than not with SFF cases, I've paid and waited 8 - 12 months, even some of the larger manufacturers have 6 month delays.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy, just 3 months after paying in the long run isn't too long a time.

jadeite

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 3, 2023
but you've only so far been waiting on order for three or so months

No. I really have been waiting a year. You are talking about the payment window only. There has been a trail of unrealistic expectations made over time. Interesting the ncase web site now lists the M1EVO as "not available". That seems odd if it truly is weeks away from shipping. Not even listed as coming soon, October shipment, nothing at all like that. Just "not available". But hey, you can sign up for an interest check, sound familiar? Believe me I would love to be wrong, but I can no longer believe it will ship out by month's end as is their latest claim.

fishyswaz

Chassis Packer
Feb 3, 2017
No. I really have been waiting a year. You are talking about the payment window only. There has been a trail of unrealistic expectations made over time. Interesting the ncase web site now lists the M1EVO as "not available". That seems odd if it truly is weeks away from shipping. Not even listed as coming soon, October shipment, nothing at all like that. Just "not available". But hey, you can sign up for an interest check, sound familiar? Believe me I would love to be wrong, but I can no longer believe it will ship out by month's end as is their latest claim.

I totally get that Wahaha et al have been posting up from concept to today about the Evo, but to be honest until you lay down cash to buy you're not really waiting for a product, more eagerly anticipating. I just quoted you because you made it sound like you'd layed out money a year ago, when in reality it was July, so 3 months.

It made it sound like cash had exchanged hands a year ago, when in truth an indy company is designing, coping with a new GPU release of insane dimensions, redesigning and then trying to source (and wait in a queue) and have manufactured components made to a standard that isn't going to bite them through returns due to duff manufacturing (which has happened in many SFF case releases). They opened the IC payment 3 months ago no doubt to help with getting the parts manufactured and shipped. To be fair to them, I think they've been reasonably open about their process (unlike many other cases manu's), including delays.

Even people involved with larger case manufacturer companies sush as a recent funghi-based mesh-orientated 14.97 litre case had supply issues leading to a good 6 month delay from payment.

Honestly, I'm not having a pop, but it's standard in the SFF case world to not hear anything, hand over money, not hear anything for a year and then get something that's not fit for purpose. I'd (personal choice, so you totally have a right to your own choice) rather wait a small while and get something I'm happy with and be told there's delays.

Ahanix

Case Bender
New User
Apr 11, 2023
Alright, so I received one of the first production Evo's and posted on the SFF Guru's Discord regarding my findings.

Full Build Photos can also be found here.

This was a secondary attempt at the first build that I had done with the case. My initial vision for this case was to do the following

• i9 13900ks Direct Die with Modultra Lobo.
  • RTX 4090 FE with Heatkiller V Pro Waterblock
  • Alphacool ST20 280mm Top Radiator with P14 Slim 16mm Fans
  • EK S280 Side Radiator with 25mm Fans
  • EK FLT120 Reservoir Only Version
and the build turned out like this:

Unfortunately this is where problems began regarding the width of the case. The 12vhpwr port does not have enough distance to fit within the side panels of the case, unless you go to one of the lesser "ATX 3.0" Adapters as shown below

While this is entirely a feasible option, it wasn't worth risking a $1500 GPU over potential adapter melting. The ATX 3.0 Adapters don't have a retaining clip, or any passive heat dissipation like the Corsair 180D adapter (see JohnnyGuru info regarding this) and because of this I decided to scrap the build.

After placing these components in a different case, I moved to a different build as shown in the Discord link above.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus B650e-I
RTX 4080 FE
32GB DDR5 6400mhz
Corsair H115 Elite
Corsair AF140 Fans (Two on the Radiator, one below the GPU)
Corsair SF750 PSU
Custom Cables that were pulled from a Meshlicious build (entirely too long)

I feel if your intentions are to use this with a vertical GPU, it's a great case. Fit and finish is nearly identical to the FormD T1 and the build process was pretty straightforward.

I do wish the case was 6mm wider to natively accommodate 12VHPWR cables from 4000 series cards as this would have made a pretty sweet dual rad build.

jadeite

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 3, 2023
until you lay down cash to buy you're not really waiting for a product

Not true. This thread is well over a year old and in it ncase made various ship date claims as well as on their web site, all of which have been erased. I used such information as a basis to WAIT for the product instead of buying something else. I have been WAITING a year. This is a fact.

I am a happy customer of the ncase m1, the finest case I have ever owned. I look forward to the day I can build a system around the m1evo to replace my aging system, but I have no idea how much more waiting is needed. My complaint is ncase setting unrealistic expectations that cause repeated disappointment. It is not a good way to treat customers and lowers credibility. I have been quiet about this for a long time, but think it is time to say something.

Pepper

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 19, 2023
Alright, so I received one of the first production Evo's and posted on the SFF Guru's Discord regarding my findings.

This was a secondary attempt at the first build that I had done with the case. My initial vision for this case was to do the following

Unfortunately this is where problems began regarding the width of the case. The 12vhpwr port does not have enough distance to fit within the side panels of the case, unless you go to one of the lesser "ATX 3.0" Adapters as shown below

While this is entirely a feasible option, it wasn't worth risking a $1500 GPU over potential adapter melting. The ATX 3.0 Adapters don't have a retaining clip, or any passive heat dissipation like the Corsair 180D adapter (see JohnnyGuru info regarding this) and because of this I decided to scrap the build.

After placing these components in a different case, I moved to a different build as shown in the Discord link above.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus B650e-I
RTX 4080 FE
32GB DDR5 6400mhz
Corsair H115 Elite
Corsair SF750 PSU

I feel if your intentions are to use this with a vertical GPU, it's a great case. Fit and finish is nearly identical to the FormD T1 and the build process was pretty straightforward.

I do wish the case was 6mm wider to natively accommodate 12VHPWR cables from 4000 series cards as this would have made a pretty sweet dual rad build.
Great, thanks for sharing your build, and also for your Tips & Tricks list on Discord!

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus B650e-I
RTX 4080 FE
32GB DDR5 6400mhz
Corsair H115 Elite
Corsair SF750 PSU

Do you think this will work? space wise

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Ang...-8-Pin-to-16-Pin-Power-Cable-for-Corsair.html

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Not true. This thread is well over a year old and in it ncase made various ship date claims as well as on their web site, all of which have been erased. I used such information as a basis to WAIT for the product instead of buying something else. I have been WAITING a year. This is a fact.

I am a happy customer of the ncase m1, the finest case I have ever owned. I look forward to the day I can build a system around the m1evo to replace my aging system, but I have no idea how much more waiting is needed. My complaint is ncase setting unrealistic expectations that cause repeated disappointment. It is not a good way to treat customers and lowers credibility. I have been quiet about this for a long time, but think it is time to say something.
I feel for you, but that's quite normal for an "indie" case, unfortunately. One such case I waited for never went past the prototype stage, and the other forever remained a bunch of renders.

For a recent example, see the C4-SFX. Long story short, some folks waited for over 3 years, only to get a single batch and a promise of a v2, which "should be released in 2024". Oh, and the project technically started back in 2017.

As a rule of thumb, if you need to build a PC in the here and now, just buy a case that actually exists on the shelf instead of waiting for one that's forever-coming-soon.

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
This is the lesser know adapter mentioned. There are tons of these floating around, all rebranded from same OEM. Who the OEM is, is another question 🤔
FIngers crossed it fit with my msi 4090 gaming x, Also is the only 1 i have atm, wasn't planning on ordering any others. Also won't know when I'll get the case, as support just responded saying half of september order still haven't shipped. MY order was for october, so who knows when we will actually receive it.

ChronoDog

Case Bender
New User
Jan 29, 2018
At least you getting emails, even if its delay information. I haven't received anything since ordering, got a generic interest check email 2 days after ordering. Been radio silence since
Exactly the same experience for me, hmm.
Did you find any way of getting in touch with them to get a status update?