Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
NDA, we can't talk their pricing, other brands that work with them, or how they operate.

already reply your mail, I'm okay with option 1. Hope everything can be resolved soon. Also, if the price going up. range US$25-50. I'm okay with that. But, this is not only my decision. Ty in advance.

CorruptCommanderAc

Cable Smoosher
Dec 7, 2020
We were suppose to get the remaining inventory for Dec1-4 several hours ago. They refused to release inventory at the end, now we have to tell you guys we can't ship.

The technical reason is that our RMA is unreasonable, much higher than the agreed upon 2-3%. It's just a tactic saying they want a higher price.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the detail regarding the delay. I can wait but at least be more transparent to let us know what happen.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
NDA, we can't talk their pricing, other brands that work with them, or how they operate.
Would it be possible to just wait for the (re)Formd T1 with the upgraded front end and pci4 riser, but not cancelling my order? This would be the best solution for me.

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020
We shipped 50% of Dec1-4 already, just waiting for tracking on some.

Among the remaining 50% that are not shipped. We are trying to negotiate for those inventory to be released. But we can't put a date on it yet.
Any estimated negotiating time? Few weeks or 1 even 2 months? Many people like me did spend a lot of extra money on suitable parts for FormD T1, I need to consider whether I should go for other cases if it delays too long.

m0lly

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2018
We shipped 50% of Dec1-4 already, just waiting for tracking on some.

Among the remaining 50% that are not shipped. We are trying to negotiate for those inventory to be released. But we can't put a date on it yet.
I got the shipment email several days ago for a white T1. Tracking number was DHL Express tracking number: Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onbard airplane)11!

When viewing my order status now it just shows that my order is confirmed again and not shipped. I'm guessing I'm among the 50% inventory that needs to be released?

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
I got the shipment email several days ago for a white T1. Tracking number was DHL Express tracking number: Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onbard airplane)11!

When viewing my order status now it just shows that my order is confirmed again and not shipped. I'm guessing I'm among the 50% inventory that needs to be released?
Most likely. I’m in the same boat. I see people on Reddit that have actually received a tracking number. Guess they got lucky.

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020

Mine is the same, however in the Shopify app Shop it's showing shipped. No tracking number yet.

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
already reply your mail, I'm okay with option 1. Hope everything can be resolved soon. Also, if the price going up. range US$25-50. I'm okay with that. But, this is not only my decision. Ty in advance.

Everybody with a little manufacturing experience can easily estimate required amount of alu stock for a T1, and thus how much an increase in retail price should be if forwarded 1:1 to the customer - it should be a lot below what you're quoting. But it doesn't matter. It seems the price would increase not just due to the Alu price, but because the manufacturer wants to charge more due to the desired high quality / the increased RMAs last month.

I think overall the FormD is/was greatly priced, and I think if we benefited from low material prices earlier this year, that's great. Now, if indeed manufacturing costs increase (due to whatever reason), it's fair to increase the retail price as well. T1 is selling well, and I want those that put in the effort of designing and selling stuff to earn some good money on it, and as a customer I want to get a product at the advertised quality.

But I have to say, I would find it very concerning if they charge any current customers extra, on top of the pre-order price. Whatever games the manufacturer is playing? Not our problem. Temporary increases in alu price? Not our problem. That's part of their business and their risk. This product isn't some keyboard group buy run by a hobby person, where everybody joining in is also sharing the risk. I've said this before on the topic of the RMA's, and I'll say it again: it's unprofessional to forward these burdens onto the customer if it's a structural error/miscalculation on their end.

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
Hope this whole situation won't affect the release of the front distribution panel or any other future upgrades.

Looks like 2020 is full of surprises 😂

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Does this mean that the remaining 1-4th of Dec. batch is already manufactured and sitting at the manufacturers warehouse ? Or are some unit from that batch still need to be manufactured ?
Those of us in that batch need to know if the remaining units from that same batch are already manufactured to make an informed decision.
Because if not, then god know how long we’re gonna have to wait for these renegotiation.

TLDR: if my unit is already manufactured , i’ll wait for it to be release.
If it’s not manufactured yet, then i’d like a refund.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
But I have to say, I would find it very concerning if they charge any current customers extra, on top of the pre-order price. Whatever games the manufacturer is playing? Not our problem. Temporary increases in alu price? Not our problem. That's part of their business and their risk. This product isn't some keyboard group buy run by a hobby person, where everybody joining in is also sharing the risk. I've said this before on the topic of the RMA's, and I'll say it again: it's unprofessional to forward these burdens onto the customer if it's a structural error/miscalculation on their end.

I'm a business owner and have had to adapt to the same issues @Wahaha360 is going through due to the pandemic. I agree that making my problem a customer problem is in fact a problem, but at the same time I have to make the decision that will keep my business afloat. If there was an unforeseen 40% increase to material cost, and an ultimatum by the manufacturer set after planned preorders already happened... it would be a VERY difficult situation to be in, as a ton of work behind the scenes needs to go on to make the final product at your doorstep a reality. I'm a firm believer in the idea that people deserve to get paid for services provided, and a price increase to keep the ball rolling is an unfortunate, but necessary reality. The T1 is a masterpiece of engineering and build quality, and surely will continue to sell as long as it's being manufactured... BUT I think it's entirely unfair to deem a pandemic issue, i.e. something NO ONE could have predicted/planned for, as a "miscalculation." Don't forget, this isn't @Wahaha360 holding your cases hostage, it's the manufacturer that's breaching their agreement to a little fish in a big pond. THAT'S where the unprofessionalism lies.

timesha

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 22, 2020
I have recieved a shipping confirmation and an actual shipping number from DHL Express for my black T1 (Dec. 1-4th) yesterday. However when checking on the DHL website I get an error message ('Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number.') and my confirmation window looks as following. So is my order already shipped or did I get the tracking number prematurely?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Any estimated negotiating time? Few weeks or 1 even 2 months? Many people like me did spend a lot of extra money on suitable parts for FormD T1, I need to consider whether I should go for other cases if it delays too long.

We don't know what we don't know.

Mine is the same, however in the Shopify app Shop it's showing shipped. No tracking number yet.

If your order is showing shipped, but no tracking number yet, that means it is shipped and we are just waiting for tracking.

Does this mean that the remaining 1-4th of Dec. batch is already manufactured and sitting at the manufacturers warehouse ? Or are some unit from that batch still need to be manufactured ?
Those of us in that batch need to know if the remaining units from that same batch are already manufactured to make an informed decision.
Because if not, then god know how long we’re gonna have to wait for these renegotiation.

Already made, sitting in a warehouse, where we cannot have until we pay more.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Everybody with a little manufacturing experience can easily estimate required amount of alu stock for a T1, and thus how much an increase in retail price should be if forwarded 1:1 to the customer - it should be a lot below what you're quoting. But it doesn't matter. It seems the price would increase not just due to the Alu price, but because the manufacturer wants to charge more due to the desired high quality / the increased RMAs last month.

It's a little bit of everything.

Covid = factories are operating below optimal levels since they have to keep workers spaced apart physically, decrease efficiency increases costs.

End of year = demand for their factory is near peak, so the opportunity cost of any machine time is the highest.

Aluminum Price Surge = 40% for raw material compared to first contract

Put it together, and you get problems hard to contain.

Diverge

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2018
If they broke their contract and are basically blackmailing you, then why do you need to honor NDA's? If this fails through and you need to cut ties, I hope you release their name and customers so we can boycott and shame them until they lose business.

I don't feel bad for a corporation that is supposedly incurring more costs due to covid, even if I believed it. Everyone is going through this. They had a contract with you, they should honor it.