Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Had to finally join this forum rather than just being on r/FormD because of your fan setup lol. I'm heresaredditaccount over there.

How did you find the noise to be with the A12x25s?
I'm looking to do something similar to my build; sanded A12x25s above a TX240 with an additional unsanded A12x25 below the radiator/above the PSU.
Currently have a side radiator with 2 A12x15s (sanded) and a top radiator with one A12x15 and one A12x25.

Trying to get the system as quiet as possible while maintaining good thermals and I THINK replacing one slim fan with a full size and adding another full size should let me drop the RPM of all fans pretty substantially...not sure if you ran any tests at anything other than full speed, or have any slim fan comparison's you can possibly share?

btw, thanks for opening my eyes to this idea and making me spend another $200 lol.

lol those noctuas do be expensive.
I did not test with slim fans, as slim fans on top of the TX240 leave too much room for hot air to get trapped, and not completely exhausted out of the case. In term of noise, I sit about 3 feet away from the pc, and I'd say anything below 60% on these A12x25 are pretty much inaudible. I did briefly test CPU thermal for fan speed below 100%, and thermal improvement is pretty linear per 10% RPM increase.

Cinebench R23 (~20m):
50% RPM - 76C
60% RPM - 74C
70% RPM - 73C
80% RPM - 72C
90% RPM - 71C
100% RPM - 70C

Any thoughts on trying a TG or acrylic side panel on the CPU side? I'm curious if that would actually improve temps in your case as more air should intake from the side rad.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've tested this today with a large sheet of a paper taped over the CPU side panel. Unfortunately, I did not see anything thermal improvement.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Cinebench R23 (~20m):
50% RPM - 76C
60% RPM - 74C
70% RPM - 73C
80% RPM - 72C
90% RPM - 71C
100% RPM - 70C

Thanks for the suggestion, I've tested this today with a large sheet of a paper taped over the CPU side panel. Unfortunately, I did not see anything thermal improvement.

Awesome, thanks for thermal info. I have less power in my loop than you do so I'm not particularly concerned, but it's good to see decent thermals at lower rpm.

Did you see in decreases in performance with the sheet of paper taped over the CPU side? I wouldn't really expect it to improve thermals, but I'm hoping it doesn't much worsen them much as I'd really like to have a glass panel on the CPU side in the future.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
finally found the perfect ddc reservoir for my setup... although I still have plans to put a d5 instead.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
My aquanaut arrived just in time for cyberpunk!

It`s not 100% how I planned, simply because the tubes/fixings for them were too big to fit where I wanted to route them - so the fill/drain port is on the outlet from the pump.
But very happy otherwise!
Why do you have the PSU mounted that way? TG side panel prepping?

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Nah was curious as to the thermal impact a while ago, and can’t be bothered making new cables to turn it around! 😆

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
The white case + silver / white mesh panel I saw on Optimum tech's video is amazing.

I really hope T1 includes the aluminum panel in that color as well. I'm tired of dark colored cases.

manoueltiger

Trash Compacter
Mar 10, 2020
Was it shipped though?

I did receive the “verify email address” email last week (batch 1-4 Dec), but have yet to receive the shipping confirmation for my E-White case. Happy to wait a little longer should the delay be due to quality control reasons.

No it didn't, I took a gunmetal model
Fortunately, I had a full refund

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
The white case + silver / white mesh panel I saw on Optimum tech's video is amazing.

I really hope T1 includes the aluminum panel in that color as well. I'm tired of dark colored cases.

I'm upset I didn't attempt to try and get a white t1 case. I'm looking to do a 2nd build later this month, air cooled at first and there is no other case I want. 2021 can't come soon enough (for many other reasons too).