Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Awesome, thanks for thermal info. I have less power in my loop than you do so I'm not particularly concerned, but it's good to see decent thermals at lower rpm.

Did you see in decreases in performance with the sheet of paper taped over the CPU side? I wouldn't really expect it to improve thermals, but I'm hoping it doesn't much worsen them much as I'd really like to have a glass panel on the CPU side in the future.

I didn't see any decrease in thermal performance with the sheet of paper taped over the CPU side. I was expect 1-2 degrees warmer for the VRM temps but surprisingly this was not the case.
Also you mentioned you wanted to do push/pull on the PSU side. I tried that today on my build, and was not able to do so due to several constraints, but it still may be possible for your build.

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Hi all. December 1-4th batch here . By now lot of you know about the delay due to suppliers wanting to milk every dime. But in that mail, formd mentioned SOME manufacturers pausing production to renegotiate cost. Does that mean that the other manufacturers will fulfill the orders ?
that would mean that preorders would still be fulfilled but at a slower pace ?
Edit: also, is there an option to just pay more for us folk not wanting to wait another couple of month?

CorruptCommanderAc

Cable Smoosher
Dec 7, 2020
Hi all. December 1-4th batch here . By now lot of you know about the delay due to suppliers wanting to milk every dime. But in that mail, formd mentioned SOME manufacturers pausing production to renegotiate cost. Does that mean that the other manufacturers will fulfill the orders ?
that would mean that preorders would still be fulfilled but at a slower pace ?
Edit: also, is there an option to just pay more for us folk not wanting to wait another couple of month?

I would just buy another case first,
Now I am using a sfx psu hanging outside my old atx case as the cable length is too short....
To me, it was pretty dangerous but still acceptable if only used for few weeks.
But right now, I dont know when can I received the order

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-12-12: Aluminum Prices Shock and Delays

Over the past few months, the price of aluminum has surged nearly 40%. We tried to our best to manage the price increases from production side. However, in response to the climbing cost, some of our manufacturers have withheld our orders – contrary to our agreements – in an attempt to re-negotiate higher prices. Their goal is to extract more money, or to simply flip our material for easy profit.

We’re deeply frustrated by this, as we’re as eager as our customers to get the enclosures on desks, especially during this challenging year. However, our status as a small-scale indie brand means we have few options in the short term, beyond attempting good-faith negotiations and seeking alternative manufacturing arrangements.

In addition, while we don't expect the premium on aluminum to last forever, the cost increases are significant for any production we might perform in the near future.

So what's the bottom line?

1. FormD will be delaying the fulfillment of orders for the moment, while we determine the best next steps for our customers.
  2. We expect to raise the price of future orders of our enclosures, at least until material costs stabilize.
  3. Preorder will be less in quantity and closer to the shipping date, the same way it was done in July and August this year.
To provide some context, T1 batches were selling out in less one minute during July and August, to the frustration of many, and scalpers were starting to appear. People voiced their complaints on the internet forums and our inbox. As a relief measure, we allowed preorders with later dates. However, in light of the current environment, it would be irresposible to continue to do so.

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
There is still one thing i don’t get. How do preorders work? Once paid for, doesn’t that money go directly to the manufacturer?
In turn, doesn’t the manufacturer buy the required material to proceed with production?
It seems to me formd signed an agreement for production months before a timeslot for production was available, and if that’s the case, than the preorder money wasn’t paid to the manufacturer as soon as received. What was the preorder money used for during this time?
When the time came, aluminium prices were 40% higher and here we are.
Can we get a bit of insight here?

Last edited:

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020
I want to ship T1 to remaining customers first.

P1 was suppose to be more affordable, with aluminum prices surge, prob need a redesign, so more delays.

But if you already know you cannot ship Dec 1-4 batch items, why do you mark these orders as shipped then cancel them today? It does not make any sense that gets a tracking number after the item is onboard for SF Express, they will send a notification to customers once the item has picked up. So I know your team didn't actually ship the cases 3 days before, but why do you mark these orders as shipped and change the order status to waiting for tracking number?

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
But if you already know you cannot ship Dec 1-4 batch items, why do you mark these orders as shipped then cancel them today? It does not make any sense that gets a tracking number after the item is onboard for SF Express, they will send a notification to customers once the item has picked up. So I know your team didn't actually ship the cases 3 days before, but why do you mark these orders as shipped and change the order status to waiting for tracking number?

Yes. There is definitely some *shady* stuff going on and obviously they’re not telling us everything

Reactions: Flipping_A_pebble

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

We were suppose to get the remaining inventory for Dec1-4 several hours ago. They refused to release inventory at the end, now we have to tell you guys we can't ship.

The technical reason is that our RMA is unreasonable, much higher than the agreed upon 2-3%. It's just a tactic saying they want a higher price.

CorruptCommanderAc

Cable Smoosher
Dec 7, 2020

Oh..I thought people who received the tracking number are not affected.
So the whole Dec 1 - 4 batch is affected?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Oh..I thought people who received the tracking number are not affected.
So the whole Dec 1 - 4 batch is affected?

50%

If the tracking still says waiting for tracking, then we have the inventory to ship.

If the the fulfillment is cancelled, it means we didn't get the inventory.

• Angry
Reactions: AKIS35

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020
50%

If the tracking still says waiting for tracking, then we have the inventory to ship.

If the the fulfillment is cancelled, it means we didn't get the inventory.
So the orders did not receive tracking number but mark as shipped will not get the case?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yes. There is definitely some *shady* stuff going on and obviously they’re not telling us everything

We have mutual NDA in place, even if we wanted, we can't go into the detail.

This supplier also mfg for other big names in the industry, so they don't want us talking too much.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So the orders did not receive tracking number but mark as shipped will not get the case?

We shipped 50% of Dec1-4 already, just waiting for tracking on some.

Among the remaining 50% that are not shipped. We are trying to negotiate for those inventory to be released. But we can't put a date on it yet.