Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
15.08.2020 gunmetal, no shipment notice. Patience is a virtue 😭

(to be complete transparent after the mail of the QC issues I asked them to delay the shipment and I am completely fine to wait!)

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
I love this! What do you use for sanding? Do you have a build log?
I hope you can update us later with temperatures on benchmarks!

Preliminary testing with 2x TX240 + 2x A12x25. All panels attached. Maxed RPM. Stock voltages. Temperatures were read from HWINFO64/GPU-Z

System: Intel 10900K + RTX 3090 Ventus OC (using Alphacool 3090 Ventus block)

CPU only:
AIDA64 (30 minutes): 69°C
Cinebench R23 (30 minutes): 70°C

GPU only:
AIDA64 (30 minutes): 62°C
Heaven 1440p (30 minutes): 64°C

GPU + CPU:
Heaven 1440p + Cinebench R23 (30 minutes): 83°C / 65°C
Heaven 1440p + Cinebench R23 (30 minutes): 82°C / 62°C (Undervolted 1905 MHz @ 887mV)
Heaven 1440p + Cinebench R23 (120 minutes): 80°C / 57°C (Undervolted/clock 1800 MHz @ 806mV)

Side note: Anyone know if Cinebench R23 uses AVX out of the box? My clock seems to be lower so I'm guessing it is?

Edit: Just noticed I had previously locked the VCCIO/SA voltage to 1.1V from previous testing due to ASUS's bios issue when XMP is enabled. So not stock voltage on CPU.

Last edited:

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Preliminary testing with 2x TX240 + 2x A12x25. All panels attached. Maxed RPM. Stock voltages. Temperatures were read from HWINFO64/GPU-Z

CPU only:

GPU only:

GPU + CPU:
Heaven 1440p + Cinebench R23 (30 minutes): 82°C / 62°C (Undervolted 1905 MHz @ 887mV)
Heaven 1440p + Cinebench R23 (120 minutes): 80°C / 57°C (Undervolted/clock 1800 MHz @ 806mV)

Side note: Anyone know if Cinebench R23 uses AVX out of the box? My clock seems to be lower so I'm guessing it is?

No fans on the side radiator? How did you connect the radiators?

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
No fans on the side radiator? How did you connect the radiators?
Unfortunately no fans on the side rad. The Alphacool block for the 3090 is quite thick, and the backplate is required since it's needed to cool the VRAM. I actually had to push forward the riser to be able to mount the GPU because of the backplate. About ~8mm of clearance left between the rad/gpu so pretty much can't put anything between there. If this was a 3080, or a thinner block (EKWB plis gib Ventus block!) I think it would be possible to fit a Scythe 12m.

The 2 rads are connected using Barrow 360 rotary offset, a random 5mm double-ended male extender that came with my DDC pump, and koolance low profile 90 degree fitting.

Reactions: DrHudacris

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020

CPU only:

GPU only:

GPU + CPU:

Thanks!

Unfortunately no fans on the side rad. The Alphacool block for the 3090 is quite thick, and the backplate is required since it's needed to cool the VRAM. I actually had to push forward the riser to be able to mount the GPU because of the backplate. About ~8mm of clearance left between the rad/gpu so pretty much can't put anything between there. If this was a 3080, or a thinner block (EKWB plis gib Ventus block!) I think it would be possible to fit a Scythe 12m.

The 2 rads are connected using Barrow 360 rotary offset, a random 5mm double-ended male extender that came with my DDC pump, and koolance low profile 90 degree fitting.

Did you run the same tests without that side radiator?
It might impede airflow and give you worse performance.

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Did you run the same tests without that side radiator?
It might impede airflow and give you worse performance.

I did not test with just a single rad. I was banking on the A12x25 being strong enough to draw air in from the side to passively cool the 2nd rad.

I also did not like how hot the backplate on the 3090 was getting under load, and made contact with the riser at the same time (could not find datasheet on how hot these risers were specced for). So currently working on a "laptop cooler" stand with a coworker to place the T1 on top, and designing a simple circuit to power/control the 2 fans via USB. Hope that this will help cool down the backplate a bit.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I did not test with just a single rad. I was banking on the A12x25 being strong enough to draw air in from the side to passively cool the 2nd rad.

I also did not like how hot the backplate on the 3090 was getting under load, and made contact with the riser at the same time (could not find datasheet on how hot these risers were specced for). So currently working on a "laptop cooler" stand with a coworker to place the T1 on top, and designing a simple circuit to power/control the 2 fans via USB. Hope that this will help cool down the backplate a bit.

How tall is that going to be? Fans need some breathing space, too. Maybe slim fans?

Reactions: ponster

khayoz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 1, 2020
I’m also waiting on my shipping notification for the 4th December batch. Based on the email they hadn’t even received the cases from the manufacturer yet and this was on Friday when we received the email, based on this you would hope they would receive them early this week and then pack and ship by end of this week/early next week. That’s me making assumptions on their process and timings!

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019

Any thoughts on trying a TG or acrylic side panel on the CPU side? I'm curious if that would actually improve temps in your case as more air should intake from the side rad.

SleazyC

Efficiency Noob
Nov 14, 2020
Received a defective HJ 17mm radiator. Reassembling it didn't help.

Waiting on my HJ radiator and this scares the hell out of me. Smart to test the rad outside of the case and I'll be doing the same once I get mine but worried that even if it doesn't leak when doing an initial test that at some point once it is in the loop it could spring a leak.

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020

Had to finally join this forum rather than just being on r/FormD because of your fan setup lol. I'm heresaredditaccount over there.

How did you find the noise to be with the A12x25s?
I'm looking to do something similar to my build; sanded A12x25s above a TX240 with an additional unsanded A12x25 below the radiator/above the PSU.
Currently have a side radiator with 2 A12x15s (sanded) and a top radiator with one A12x15 and one A12x25.

Trying to get the system as quiet as possible while maintaining good thermals and I THINK replacing one slim fan with a full size and adding another full size should let me drop the RPM of all fans pretty substantially...not sure if you ran any tests at anything other than full speed, or have any slim fan comparison's you can possibly share?

btw, thanks for opening my eyes to this idea and making me spend another $200 lol.

MM1893

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 7, 2020
I bought Gigabyte's RTX 3070 Eagle a couple of weeks ago. I installed it, changed the PCIe BIOS settings to Gen 3 but couldn't get it to work; after installing the drivers the image started to flicker, alternating from a normal display to a black screen every couple of seconds. It seemed that whenever the GPU was being triggered it would be immediately shut off due to some problem I couldn't unveil. I assumed it was a faulty GPU and returned it. Couldn't get a replacement (obviously). This week I was lucky enough to buy its 3060 ti counterpart and unfortunately I'm facing the same problem. This time after installing the drivers I checked if it had reset the BIOS settings but unfortunately no, it had stayed on Gen 3.

Has anyone faced the same problem or know a solution? I'm running out of ideas and getting desperate. Could it be a faulty riser cable? It used to work flawlessly with an RTX 2070 Super.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
So the 3080 TUF/OC variant is what I'm after, but stocks are trickling in to Australia at snails pace. What is everyone else using successfully in their T1 cases with minimal/no mods (3080s only)? A 3080 FE is out of the question (Australia always gets the short of the stick when it comes to FE products, and its always a tiny run anyway).

My current card runs between 75-88 depending on game (Blower style card from Zotac, never again!), and is noisy. After as cool/quiet as possible, with decent fitment.

The_Candyman

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2020
So the 3080 TUF/OC variant is what I'm after, but stocks are trickling in to Australia at snails pace. What is everyone else using successfully in their T1 cases with minimal/no mods (3080s only)? A 3080 FE is out of the question (Australia always gets the short of the stick when it comes to FE products, and its always a tiny run anyway).

My current card runs between 75-88 depending on game (Blower style card from Zotac, never again!), and is noisy. After as cool/quiet as possible, with decent fitment.
I was able to get an MSI 3080 Ventus a couple weeks ago in Australia. It fits in 3 slot mode and seems to keep itself well below 80C without any undervolting, is relatively quiet when under load. It's quite snug though, the card is 305mm long which leaves just enough room to route cables down the back end of the card.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
I was able to get an MSI 3080 Ventus a couple weeks ago in Australia. It fits in 3 slot mode and seems to keep itself well below 80C without any undervolting, is relatively quiet when under load. It's quite snug though, the card is 305mm long which leaves just enough room to route cables down the back end of the card.
Assume this is the 3X OC model?

manoueltiger

Trash Compacter
Mar 10, 2020
9/19 order w/ Dec1-4 shipping. Have only gotten the "Double check your Shipping Address, we are preparing to ship!" email last week (dec 3rd). I guess they are a little behind.

edit: gunmetal
tssss
I bought mine in August, for november and I never received it...

I cancelled my order

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
tssss
I bought mine in August, for november and I never received it...

I cancelled my order
Was it shipped though?

I did receive the “verify email address” email last week (batch 1-4 Dec), but have yet to receive the shipping confirmation for my E-White case. Happy to wait a little longer should the delay be due to quality control reasons.

Reactions: manoueltiger