Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

More GPU Slot Options for T1?

• Total voters

JDuval

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2020
It looks like in a cramped dual-radiator build, even the removal of GPU backplate helps with thermals. I wasn't expecting this as I was just doing it to see if it helps with coil whine (it seems to have helped a little, but I'm not sure). Liquid is 0.8 C cooler, meaning that I can reduce fan speeds further. Here's the result at ambient of 21.8 °C (the ambient shown in the screenshot is a bit higher because that's measured inside the case). Look at the radiator fan speeds at just over 900rpm!

Note that the coolant temp shown in the shot is not directly comparable to those I shared previously, as I'm now using a different sensor plugged into the hottest point of the loop. But the 0.8 C reduction is real because I also have data from the other sensor I used before.
I noticed this too. Removed my backplate to solve the coil whine on my XC3 and saw about a 1C improvement in water temps, even after I increased the clock speed and voltage of my undervolt. Guess the EK backplate was really choking up the airflow of the case.

Makes me wonder if a CPU 3-slot/GPU 2-slot build might be a good way to go when not using a side radiator.

Reactions: stanleyguan

stanleyguan

Average Stuffer
Jun 18, 2020
I noticed this too. Removed my backplate to solve the coil whine on my XC3 and saw about a 1C improvement in water temps, even after I increased the clock speed and voltage of my undervolt. Guess the EK backplate was really choking up the airflow of the case.

Makes me wonder if a CPU 3-slot/GPU 2-slot build might be a good way to go when not using a side radiator.
Nice. Great to see some validation from others.

TimeBandit

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 30, 2020
Hello guys, I decided to go full custom loop with this case. I saw a FormD T1 site and I am unable to preorder. Does anyone know when will be the next batch/preorder time?

FabulousCupcake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Hello guys, I decided to go full custom loop with this case. I saw a FormD T1 site and I am unable to preorder. Does anyone know when will be the next batch/preorder time?
Only w360 really knows; best you can do is subscribe to the newsletter and wait.
As for the site that's unavailable atm, this is my personal super wild guess, but I think they're switching from shop.app to custom shopify site, maybe with interesting features? (3d viewer? part checker? no idea).

NRG

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 30, 2015
Hey all! Can the two holes on the back panel be used forbulkhead watercooling fittings? Looks like one is a pass through but i couldnt see what the other is.

PKAWA

Airflow Optimizer
May 27, 2020
Sure if you want. The other is for the power button, and no second fitting is supplied. They will come as a accessory sometime in the future.

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Airflow Optimizer
May 27, 2020
Okay, interested what you have in mind then. But since you will lose the power button it might be wise to buy one with a remote

SilverStone Technology 2.4G Wireless Remote

Reactions: DrHudacris

pepesilvia

Case Bender
New User
Sep 10, 2020
with everything merges into v2, the current T1 v1.1 is being discontinued, that means we won't be able to find replacement parts in the future? like if i scratch my front panel and want to order a new panel, i won't be able to?

Reactions: PKAWA

stanleyguan

Average Stuffer
Jun 18, 2020
So I contacted Hanjiang and the 17mm radiator now comes in black. Photo from them:

PKAWA

Airflow Optimizer
May 27, 2020
May I ask wich psu power cord are you using?
You may ;)
I'm using the 35cm long one, but I think it will need thicker cables for 750 watt so be aware.

And for the case itself you will need this

Last edited:
Reactions: x111

PKAWA

Airflow Optimizer
May 27, 2020
Is that a magicool G2 crossflow?

I have the same radiator and I was wondering about doing the same thing. What fittings are you using?
No it's a Coolworld rad

With these fittings

You will need to grind 4mm of of the silver fitting supplied with the case.

PKAWA

Airflow Optimizer
May 27, 2020
with everything merges into v2, the current T1 v1.1 is being discontinued, that means we won't be able to find replacement parts in the future? like if i scratch my front panel and want to order a new panel, i won't be able to?
Actually I would REALLY want to order a silver front panel. Just the standard one supplied with the duo tone case, and I was wondering the exact same thing.