Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
A bit messy, still need to finish cleaning up some wires in the build, trim some zip ties and add my lighting strips, but here is some shots.
I have two issues though:
1. how do I get a single slot plate to stay in place to cover the 3rd slot at the back, or should I leave it open?
2. my GPU temps seem very high, up to 98c junction temp when playing 2077 (which I get around 55fps average at 3840x1600 full ultra)
CPU sits around 70c during the gameplay which is high I assume from the GPU air venting through the radiator as CPU is only at 12% during gameplay at 4.25ghz (3950x)
with all this, like my old Dan A4, the top of the case becomes so hot you cannot hold your hand on the case for very long. does this all sound normal to everyone? or are my temps unusually high?

Full System Specs:
R9 3950x (boosts to 4.25ghz in games in Auto OC mode)
X570i - Strix (damn chipset fan is annoyingly loud, any fixes, I've seen mention of missing thermal pads, might need to check mine, worth noting though, this only started AFTER i had to force my bios to PCI gen3 due to the riser cable not supporting 4.0[i tried, but I got boot failures on 6 our fo 7 tries with it left at Auto, keen on a recommended gen4 certified riser from @W360])
64GB (2x32GB)Team group Vulcan @3200mhz (cant seem to get it up to 3600mhz without loosening timings so happy where it is)
EK 240 AIO
2x Noctua NFA12x15 chromax fans
Corsair SF600 Gold
PSlate custom unsleeved cables in black
and the newest addition, Reference model RX6900XT

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

2020-12-28: dual 240 radiator / AIO support for V2.0​

No increase in size.

T1 AIO prototype next week. Based on the noise and performance, I will change some more.

Wahaha... Man, you are insane.

How? Like, is it with a custom T1 AIO only? I assume slim fans all-around?

Reactions: DrHudacris

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
welp - koolance radiators were a no go with the noctua fans. I’d imagine the scythe 12mm fans would work, but the I don’t think the performance on those are that great.

if anyone is interested in new radiators. Shoot me a dm.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
welp - koolance radiators were a no go with the noctua fans. I’d imagine the scythe 12mm fans would work, but the I don’t think the performance on those are that great.

if anyone is interested in new radiators. Shoot me a dm.
you will have to sand down the A12x15 as I did or just accept the bulge and bending of the top panel (I tried both method to fit a 30mm thick rad). Also shared my results of the Noctua vs Scythe on 30mm rad (Bitspower Leviathan SF240, basically HWL L-series stealth) and the Scythe fan was 1C worse per fan in terms of coolant temp. You really need an A12x25 as the 3rd fan to gain back the performance.

anyway shot you a DM 😉

einmannbude

Caliper Novice
May 22, 2016
Standoff length for motherboard installation does not change in 3 slot mode. I'm actually not sure what the "very short" stand offs are for. Mine only had standoffs in 2 sizes.
I have shorter standoffs in two sizes.
4 standoffs with 8mm height - if I use them, the rear IO does not fit with the IO shield of the motherboard. And additionally I can't even screw them in completely where the PCIE riser is mounted on the other side of the strut, because the threaded part of the standoff is too long.
2 standoffs with 6mm height. I think they are meant to be used as motherboard standoffs. I don't have the two problems above with them. But again there are only 2 standoffs included, not 4.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I've finally figured out why the Aquanaut doesn't fit in my case. The side panels are bend! I've tried the one from the other side and with that one, everything fits without a problem!
Sucks that the other side is bend but at least I've figured out the cause of my problem before I started grinding on the heatsink. Which was actually set for later today.

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
I am really desperate to hear any news about the progress on the front panels, the one with usb and the distro plate. Still haven't started building my water-cooling yet. Maybe I should wait for the distro?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I am really desperate to hear any news about the progress on the front panels, the one with usb and the distro plate. Still haven't started building my water-cooling yet. Maybe I should wait for the distro?
Don't hold your breath! V2.0 is coming and I bet all accessory plans are being reevaluated or redone.

Reactions: zacobin

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Really excited to hear about the 17mm rad!

Any chance of even more ventilated side panels? Leaving them off made a big difference to thermals (4 C).

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
It looks like in a cramped dual-radiator build, even the removal of GPU backplate helps with thermals. I wasn't expecting this as I was just doing it to see if it helps with coil whine (it seems to have helped a little, but I'm not sure). Liquid is 0.8 C cooler, meaning that I can reduce fan speeds further. Here's the result at ambient of 21.8 °C (the ambient shown in the screenshot is a bit higher because that's measured inside the case). Look at the radiator fan speeds at just over 900rpm!

Note that the coolant temp shown in the shot is not directly comparable to those I shared previously, as I'm now using a different sensor plugged into the hottest point of the loop. But the 0.8 C reduction is real because I also have data from the other sensor I used before.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
It looks like in a cramped dual-radiator build, even the removal of GPU backplate helps with thermals. I wasn't expecting this as I was just doing it to see if it helps with coil whine (it seems to have helped a little, but I'm not sure). Liquid is 0.8 C cooler, meaning that I can reduce fan speeds further. Here's the result at ambient of 21.8 °C (the ambient shown in the screenshot is a bit higher because that's measured inside the case). Look at the radiator fan speeds at just over 900rpm!

Note that the coolant temp shown in the shot is not directly comparable to those I shared previously, as I'm now using a different sensor plugged into the hottest point of the loop. But the 0.8 C reduction is real because I also have data from the other sensor I used before.
I noticed this too. Removed my backplate to solve the coil whine on my XC3 and saw about a 1C improvement in water temps, even after I increased the clock speed and voltage of my undervolt. Guess the EK backplate was really choking up the airflow of the case.

Makes me wonder if a CPU 3-slot/GPU 2-slot build might be a good way to go when not using a side radiator.

Reactions: stanleyguan

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
I noticed this too. Removed my backplate to solve the coil whine on my XC3 and saw about a 1C improvement in water temps, even after I increased the clock speed and voltage of my undervolt. Guess the EK backplate was really choking up the airflow of the case.

Makes me wonder if a CPU 3-slot/GPU 2-slot build might be a good way to go when not using a side radiator.
Nice. Great to see some validation from others.