Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I guess my temps are pretty good - stock clock 3090 and 5900x in a single loop - full load temps

ambient: 22
coolant temp: 39
fans running at 1058 rpms
DDC speed: ~2900 rpms

my new koolance radiators will here this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they stack up against the tx240 + tx120.

@stanleyguan , how did you get the combined wattage to show in aqua suite?

Last edited:

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
I guess my temps are pretty good - stock clock 3090 and 5900x in a single loop. following on full load.

ambient: 22
coolant temp: 39
fans running at 1058 rpms
DDC speed: ~2900 rpms

my new koolance radiators will here this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they stack up against the tx240 + tx120.

@stanleyguan , how did you get the combined wattage to show in aqua suite?
Nice. Did you have an external PSU? The extra clearance provided by that probably makes all the difference.

For combined load you can create a virtual software sensor in aquasuite by adding the two.

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
I wonder if Wahaha could adjust the V2 case so that when running a top AIO, your GPU isn't facing upside down. Just my OCD

Last edited:
Reactions: pepesilvia

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
You all guys are incredible !!! After several months of waiting and reading all comments tips, advices.... I finally finished my first build. But man what a pain for my first sff and WC pc but more than that what a joy at the end ! Thank you all

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
I just tested the Hanjiang 240x17mm as the side radiator instead of TX240. Turns out it's better by about 2 C (controlled for ambient and fan speeds). I also measured noise level and it was no different than using TX240 as side rad, at the same fan speeds of ~1,050 rpm. Both top and side radiator fans are set to exhaust.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I just tested the Hanjiang 240x17mm as the side radiator instead of TX240. Turns out it's better by about 2 C (controlled for ambient and fan speeds). I also measured noise level and it was no different than using TX240 as side rad, at the same fan speeds of ~1,050 rpm. Both top and side radiator fans are set to exhaust.

could you do a test with side radiator fans set to intake? for the side radiator fans to be exhaust it's quite clear the gap between the GPU block and the fan is critical to it being able to draw any air but my thinking is that there would be no difference when fans are intaking since. cheers!

Reactions: eedev

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Any other T1 owners with a 6800xt or 6900xt at the moment? I would like to compare gpu temps at 100% load, my 6900XT is hitting 95deg according to adrenaline overlay when in CP2077
running case 'flipped' with a 3950x on an ek240aio and dual Noctua slim fans, cpu runs at around 4.25ghz on auto at around 68deg during game play, which is a fair bit hotter than when i would game with my 1080ti blower card, this is obviously as gpu air with the reference 6900xt cooler dumps air into the radiator, so cpu temps don't concern me, only the gpu temps.

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Hardware Canucks just published a very interesting video about current riser cables.
If anyone ever asks another generic question about riser cables, versions, availability with the case, just link them the following (it is indeed getting really tiresome):

einmannbude

Caliper Novice
May 22, 2016
In my box only two of the shortest standoffs were included. I can't install the motherboard properly.
I have 5x long standoffs, 4x shorter standoffs and 2x very short standoffs. In 3-slot-GPU mode the very short standoffs are needed to install the board, right? I tried fitting it and am pretty sure.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
In my box only two of the shortest standoffs were included. I can't install the motherboard properly.
I have 5x long standoffs, 4x shorter standoffs and 2x very short standoffs. In 3-slot-GPU mode the very short standoffs are needed to install the board, right? I tried fitting it and am pretty sure.
Standoff length for motherboard installation does not change in 3 slot mode. I'm actually not sure what the "very short" stand offs are for. Mine only had standoffs in 2 sizes.

Reactions: thelaughingman

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Still can't find 3080s so i might as well just wait for the 2.0. damn. i was really hoping to build in 2020 but thats ok.

I remember seeing it somewhere but can't seem to find it again in the thread. waha provided a very rough estimate of June for v2 didn't he?