Concept Different uSFF idea with Flex ATX psu --> Flexpy

Would you be interested in this type of case?

• Yes, squeeze it as much as possible

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, other layouts like Hutzy XS are more useful

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I prefer to use HDPLEX, PicoPSU etc.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Hello SFF guys,

Firstly I want to tell you that I don't know nearly anything about CAD softwares and just drew this on an online CAD website which wasn't useful.

For now, I have only an idea to make a case about 3.14 liters (if not possible, at least around 3.5 lt) including low profile dual slot gpu and flex atx psu if possible. It will be ultra portable and will still capable of doing some work and gaming.

Layout is basic, I tried to drew its rear side and named it "Flexpy", because it consists of flex atx psu and you know 3.14 the pi number. I didn't want to name it as flexpi since it might refer to raspberry pi.

I thought it can handle up to 65w tdp cpus with a max 40mm cpu cooler support. ( NH-L9i is considered here)

Possible setup can be like this;
Ryzen 5 1600 or i5-8400 cpu
Gtx 1050ti low profile
M.2 SSD
Seasonic 300w flex atx psu

And here is the basic layout I drew;

As I said, I'm super noob about these things, I need your help if it is doable and got the idea for now. Also, I created a poll, please vote it.

edit: measurements are in cm.

Update 1: Managed to draw and got the render of left panel and pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Wow.. thanks for letting me know. I've never seen this case or this type of layout before.

Btw, today after I came home lately, I tried to learn something by myself on Autocad. Although it is the first time for me, I managed to draw left panel and got the render also. I made the air vents like pi number. Here it is, what do you think? It is 185 mm width x 180mm height with 1.3mm thick aluminum.

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
I think the layout has merit, but the pi thing only works if you hit the 3.14L size, which you may struggle with. Plus I can't imagine the airflow and temps would be very good with that design.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
In such a case, the Nvidia A2000 is the best performing GPU you can get. It performs near a 3050, maybe a touch faster at times.

Also, the Smol X1 mini has the same footprint.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I see a couple of suggestions for alternate products - but different aesthetics and materials could make this product unique. Don't give up because other products exist in the market segment, design something that stands out!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Nor was it my intention to discourage the OP. More options are always better, and there are only so many ways you can stuff components into a box!