Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
There is an issue with the configurator software that I am having trouble resolving. The CG7 configurator may need to be moved over to a different plugin. In the meantime I have replied to @emrys email regarding placing a manual order with us. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email.

• Wow
Reactions: emrys

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
@owliwar @K888D - Have you ever consider doing a version for larger matx/atx boards? Same layout, HDPLEX 400W powered?
yeah, We considered this very early on. moved to the mini itx / flex atx layout first.
I do have the files for the larger version but I never had the time to finish it.

One thing we might have to check is how financially viable is making a larger version for hdplex only. Matx only makes no sense, sure, ATX to go
but then we might also add support for full size GPUs. then the build gets complicated.
would it be worth it to make it support low profile cards as well? I'm not so sure.
just to explain a bit whats on my mind when i think about this larger version and where i'm stuck on.

just to understand your needs better,
What would you like to build in this version?

Thanks!

emrys

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2020
There is an issue with the configurator software that I am having trouble resolving. The CG7 configurator may need to be moved over to a different plugin. In the meantime I have replied to @emrys email regarding placing a manual order with us. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email.
sorry,

I haven't received any related emails so far. Including spam/junk folder ??
my mail address emrys.l@me.com or atvisitin@gmail.com (Anxious to buy this CG7 case)

Reactions: K888D and owliwar

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
yeah, We considered this very early on. moved to the mini itx / flex atx layout first.
I do have the files for the larger version but I never had the time to finish it.

One thing we might have to check is how financially viable is making a larger version for hdplex only. Matx only makes no sense, sure, ATX to go
but then we might also add support for full size GPUs. then the build gets complicated.
would it be worth it to make it support low profile cards as well? I'm not so sure.
just to explain a bit whats on my mind when i think about this larger version and where i'm stuck on.

just to understand your needs better,
What would you like to build in this version?

Thanks!

No problem, I'm a graphic designer by trade. The software I tend to use is CPU and sometimes RAM heavy. A full size GPU is nice, but I'm surprised at how well my current 1650 LP is doing. As for other low profile cards I can see myself using, it would be a wifi card and m.2 expansion cards. If I was to go ATX the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE as my board of choice.

Something like this case, but with 5 to 7 low profile expansion slots. Portability would also be a huge plus.

Reactions: K888D and owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
No problem, I'm a graphic designer by trade. The software I tend to use is CPU and sometimes RAM heavy. A full size GPU is nice, but I'm surprised at how well my current 1650 LP is doing. As for other low profile cards I can see myself using, it would be a wifi card and m.2 expansion cards. If I was to go ATX the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE as my board of choice.

Something like this case, but with 5 to 7 low profile expansion slots. Portability would also be a huge plus.
I See, a fellow designer then :)
yeah, thats mostly what I do with my CG7 as well. I so mostly illustrations and product design. both are very single threaded work and almost gpu-less.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hey all,
small update, I've posted a personal build log here:

I'll keep my own build updates there where I can get more personal :)

also, we recently delivered some stock to overclockers last month, and all base panels are in stock!
they have sold quite a lot already and there's only a couple of black ones there, just a heads up!

also next week is my birthday, so if anyone wants to get me a gift, you know where to find overclockers haha

Reactions: rtrt and Phuncz

ssfman21

Case Bender
New User
Jul 29, 2021
I bought the case. I like the design and it's really good. But there are some issues that the case I received has or the case has. I didn't want to return it because delivery costs back would be over $40-50 and it would take time to receive a new case and I didn't want to deal with that.

Issues:
  • Scratches on 1 of the panel, it looks like it was cut with a box cutter on one of the panels. And these aren't small cuts, they're about 10-20cm long and there's multiple. And you can't just rub it off. It's there, it's deep. I just made that panel face the interior so it can't be seen.
  • There's a blemish on the frosted look front of the panel. It's a fairly big blemish like it has been scratched with a coin.
  • The optional feet you can buy don't fit using the given instructions. It says to use m3x8 screws to attach the feet but they're not long enough.
  • It isn't perfect in terms of panel dimensions, it's off center and some of the panels aren't edge flush.
  • Some of the cut-outs for ventilation have melted edges. They're not smooth, probably 1-5% of the edges are melted most of them are smooth cut.
But overall I do like the case and it matches the aesthetics I was looking for. Only gripe that I do have apart from those manufacturing defects is that the power button was easier to push, it's a very deep push to turn it on. If you press it on an angle or not deep enough it won't power on.

I can post pictures if people want images of these issues.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I bought the case. I like the design and it's really good. But there are some issues that the case I received has or the case has. I didn't want to return it because delivery costs back would be over $40-50 and it would take time to receive a new case and I didn't want to deal with that.

Issues:
  • Scratches on 1 of the panel, it looks like it was cut with a box cutter on one of the panels. And these aren't small cuts, they're about 10-20cm long and there's multiple. And you can't just rub it off. It's there, it's deep. I just made that panel face the interior so it can't be seen.
  • There's a blemish on the frosted look front of the panel. It's a fairly big blemish like it has been scratched with a coin.
  • The optional feet you can buy don't fit using the given instructions. It says to use m3x8 screws to attach the feet but they're not long enough.
  • It isn't perfect in terms of panel dimensions, it's off center and some of the panels aren't edge flush.
  • Some of the cut-outs for ventilation have melted edges. They're not smooth, probably 1-5% of the edges are melted most of them are smooth cut.
But overall I do like the case and it matches the aesthetics I was looking for. Only gripe that I do have apart from those manufacturing defects is that the power button was easier to push, it's a very deep push to turn it on. If you press it on an angle or not deep enough it won't power on.

I can post pictures if people want images of these issues.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. Please can you send me a DM with some photos and we can get it resolved for you by sending out some replacement panels.

All panels should be supplied with a protective film on both sides to prevent any scratches before the case is assembled. Did your panels still have the protective film on both sides of each panel? The reason I ask is because to have so many blemishes it may be that you were sent out an already opened case (which shouldn't happen - did you order through Overclockers?).

The front panels are packed in multiple layers of protective bubble wrap and then sealed in a poly bag to prevent any damage during storage/shipping, did you receive your front panel in this condition? Or was it loose out of the bag?

The feet should be attached using the provided m3x10mm bolts and m3 nuts found in the included screw box. The 10mm long screws give enough clearance to reach through the 5mm panel and then secure with the nut on the other side. I am unsure which feet you are using but this method is compatible with the Lazer3D (optional) HiFi feet. Please can you send a link or photo of the feet you were sent?

Regarding misalignment of panels/flush edges, I am unsure how this could happen unless it was not assembled correctly, all panels are laser cut from the same cutting file, meaning every set of panels comes out exactly the same size.

I apologise for the condition in which your case was received, please send me a message and we can arrange for some replacement parts.

ssfman21

Case Bender
New User
Jul 29, 2021
I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. Please can you send me a DM with some photos and we can get it resolved for you by sending out some replacement panels.

All panels should be supplied with a protective film on both sides to prevent any scratches before the case is assembled. Did your panels still have the protective film on both sides of each panel? The reason I ask is because to have so many blemishes it may be that you were sent out an already opened case (which shouldn't happen - did you order through Overclockers?).

The front panels are packed in multiple layers of protective bubble wrap and then sealed in a poly bag to prevent any damage during storage/shipping, did you receive your front panel in this condition? Or was it loose out of the bag?

The feet should be attached using the provided m3x10mm bolts and m3 nuts found in the included screw box. The 10mm long screws give enough clearance to reach through the 5mm panel and then secure with the nut on the other side. I am unsure which feet you are using but this method is compatible with the Lazer3D (optional) HiFi feet. Please can you send a link or photo of the feet you were sent?

Regarding misalignment of panels/flush edges, I am unsure how this could happen unless it was not assembled correctly, all panels are laser cut from the same cutting file, meaning every set of panels comes out exactly the same size.

I apologise for the condition in which your case was received, please send me a message and we can arrange for some replacement parts.
Thanks for replying. I did order it from Overclockers and it did have the protective film on it, but it was clear that maybe a box cutter sliced it several times.

The front panel it looks like the laser burned it, as shown in the pictures I've PMed you.

The feet, it's the Lazer3D feet and I did use the m3x10 screws and they did fit. It was more to say that you may be short some screws (although extras are included) and the instructions do need updating to mention to use those screws.

The misalignment is just by a fraction of a millimeter and it's because of the front panel.

Thanks for a speedy reply and I truly didn't expect an outcome like this. Amazing team.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks for replying. I did order it from Overclockers and it did have the protective film on it, but it was clear that maybe a box cutter sliced it several times.

The front panel it looks like the laser burned it, as shown in the pictures I've PMed you.

The feet, it's the Lazer3D feet and I did use the m3x10 screws and they did fit. It was more to say that you may be short some screws (although extras are included) and the instructions do need updating to mention to use those screws.

The misalignment is just by a fraction of a millimeter and it's because of the front panel.

Thanks for a speedy reply and I truly didn't expect an outcome like this. Amazing team.

Thank you for the photos, yes I'm not sure how those scratches will have occured but they're very bad. We will get replacements out to you.

Thank you for mentioning about the instructions, I've checked them and they do indeed mention the wrong length screw for attaching the feet. I will get that corrected.

AlexB

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 20, 2022
Do you guys have any recommendations for a quiet, modular TFX power supply that isn't sold out?