Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

SisK0

Efficiency Noob
May 3, 2017
It is 3-slot because it has fans on both sides of the PCB but with watercooling, I think it could be accommodated in two slots.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
I'd be more concerned on the extra lenght of the pcb judging by the leaked images. Unless they will pull a sapphire or powercolor move where the finstack is actually longer than the actual pcb.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
I will be more concern about the power connector than the actual 3 slot design, as most likely one of it will be blank.
I'd be more concerned on the extra lenght of the pcb judging by the leaked images. Unless they will pull a sapphire or powercolor move where the finstack is actually longer than the actual pcb.

The PCB containing stuff is much shorter than the picture. Problem is as ChorizoNinja points out that the power connectors is at the end and connected with a power PCB. So even if the main PCB is shorter than the cooler, it's gonna be hard making it shorter for a waterblock.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
The PCB containing stuff is much shorter than the picture. Problem is as ChorizoNinja points out that the power connectors is at the end and connected with a power PCB. So even if the main PCB is shorter than the cooler, it's gonna be hard making it shorter for a waterblock.

Right, spot on and ty for the image however, might be able to move the said pcb when it comes to watercooling as it would not rely on the fan placed atop. Just an ideea.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Right, spot on and ty for the image however, might be able to move the said pcb when it comes to watercooling as it would not rely on the fan placed atop. Just an ideea.

This PCB design is only for the FE card too. There's some other PCB design for partner cards, so we might see some with 2 slot designs etc.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
This PCB design is only for the FE card too. There's some other PCB design for partner cards, so we might see some with 2 slot designs etc.

That's gonna be cool, I wonder if this release is gonna follow the 20xx one where the chips were binned so FE achieves the highest stable clocks ?

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
That's gonna be cool, I wonder if this release is gonna follow the 20xx one where the chips were binned so FE achieves the highest stable clocks ?
Probably. I might order a 3090 and wait to see teardowns appear. Return if it seems impossible.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
From what I can hear from people that know people, is that the FE is going to be weird to watercool with a full block, but we will. they might figure out something....

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Could you remind me what the top height and length of a gpu would be? Also is to too late to switch to a 3slot version of the case ?

Thinking about this: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-graphics-card-pictured
The max height of the gpu must be under 143mm with the power cables plugged in. Lenght is a complicated one, with a D5 pump its roughly 302-305 depends on the length of the D5 pump. With a DDC its +20mm, but that depends on the DDC lenght too.

Yes its too late now :(