Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Would be down to get some from your guy as well, if possible.

I would do a test first in case they like to become rusty... you never know with anodized screws if they are going to hold. I will check with some fluids including pastel and distilled water. Most likely, the action of screwing them into the distro would likely remove the anodized, but we will see.

Reactions: cobalt60

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I would do a test first in case they like to become rusty... you never know with anodized screws if they are going to hold. I will check with some fluids including pastel and distilled water. Most likely, the action of screwing them into the distro would likely remove the anodized, but we will see.
As I see screws can get rusty even if the distro is not leaking. Some moiusture can reach the screws, so thats why It needs to be at least A2 rate (thats the rank of the stainless screws) or A4 (+acid resistance)

tusing

Efficiency Noob
Apr 20, 2017
Do you guys think this should be able to handle the thermal load of the upcoming 3090 Ti (~350 watts) and a 3950X?

Edit: And still be relatively silent?

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
2x280mm radiator is more than enough for 500W at 1000rpm. I doubt you will get more than 500W with this config in any real workload. Of course there will be people running furmark+linpack at the same time and moaning about how much heat it is. But well, idiots gonna be idiots.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Do you guys think this should be able to handle the thermal load of the upcoming 3090 Ti (~350 watts) and a 3950X?

Edit: And still be relatively silent?

Well, a titan RTX I think it can suck up to 325W, and a 3950X sucks 105W cores +15W IO +10W uncore. That was cooled in a ghost s1 with 2 240 rads, no reservoir and fans below 1400 rpm even in the worst conditions.

Before that, I had an overclocked 9900k sucking up to 250W in the worst conditions and a 2080ti with a custom bios hitting 375W, without an issue in the same case and fan config.

One thing to take into consideration, and only for x570 users. If you chose the tempered glass panel, check the temps of the chipset, as you would put a lot of hot air on it, and I don't really know if it would shutdown to protect itself or directly fry (mine goes to 80 with the chipset fan at 1500 rpm). If you don't have tempered glass, both rads as exhaust would be perfectly fine.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
2x280mm radiator is more than enough for 500W at 1000rpm. I doubt you will get more than 500W with this config in any real workload. Of course there will be people running furmark+linpack at the same time and moaning about how much heat it is. But well, idiots gonna be idiots.
I'm going to be runnings two 280s with fans at 750 rpm (basically silent). Right now I'm running a single 280 and it can handle a stock clock (but unlimited turbo duration) 9700K + Overclocked Titan V (250W TDP, 280W after OC). I will be repasting and possibly delidding my 9700K when I move to this case to better OC, and with two 280s it should have zero trouble handling that plus the GPU.

• Wow
Reactions: diceboii13

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020

?

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
@diceboii13 given the last few days temperatures and the whooshing coming from the computer I decided to pull the trigger on an aquaero quadro.

However I would like to monitor the temp of the loop with an internal probe. Do you think one of the lower ports on the distro could be used as a probe insert to have a steady water temp reading? I'm planning to use a bitspower loop probe.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@diceboii13 given the last few days temperatures and the whooshing coming from the computer I decided to pull the trigger on an aquaero quadro.

However I would like to monitor the temp of the loop with an internal probe. Do you think one of the lower ports on the distro could be used as a probe insert to have a steady water temp reading? I'm planning to use a bitspower loop probe.
There will be an inlet in the distro thats always free, so you can use a G 1/4 thread for it.