Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

iwe

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
The blue looks good indeed, can't wait to get my hands on it. What's the latest timeline ?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
So I try to take some pictures from all the colors in the workshop. Because some countersunks arent deep enough, there are some tolerance issues, so I cant screw down the top/bottom panels everywhere, but these issues are already fixed. The metal parts are in making, but I dont know how much time it takes, sorry for that this is my first project, so I cant say a proper date. When it arrives, I will ship. Probably 1-2 weeks.

wizard

Chassis Packer
Feb 29, 2020
you are doing awesome given how far you've come so quickly and everything going on in the world you are killing it. And seriously I might have to DM you about changing my orders paint color from black to blue because that blue just looks SOOOO GOOD

• Love
Reactions: diceboii13

bricemx

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2018
So, the lagune is arrived, its a bit different than I expected, but looks really cool IRL. I try to post some side by side pictures about it today later, or tomorrow with the other 2 colors.

(Its actually darker irl)

Looks really good that blue color, i prefer it to be a bit darker, for me it is the perfect color that it should be. Probably not what you expect but i think you should keep it.
Thanks lot diceboii13
Can't wait to order that Case

Reactions: AllXFrag

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Some update: I tested the distros that Andy sent, and they are dead silent at 100% pump pressure, and really well machined so Im really proud. They will come with protective foil.

One bad thing tho: I stuggled a lot with finding black screws for the distro, that are actually stainless. Its harder than it sounds. I run through a lot of it, and none of them worked really well, somehow all of them got rusted after a couple of days. Tried Chinese ones, but the black color of the screws looked washed out and very unevenly spread in the surface. There are a couple anodized ones for 0.5euro/piece, that are way too expensive, considering more than 20 needed for one distro. So we gonna use regular stainless steel screws to prevent rusting. Sorry about that, but currently that the only safest way. It can be easily swapped out in the future, if needed, while the pump running. I tested it, and one by one, I can change all of the screws without leaking :D

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Some update: I tested the distros that Andy sent, and they are dead silent at 100% pump pressure, and really well machined so Im really proud. They will come with protective foil.

One bad thing tho: I stuggled a lot with finding black screws for the distro, that are actually stainless. Its harder than it sounds. I run through a lot of it, and none of them worked really well, somehow all of them got rusted after a couple of days. Tried Chinese ones, but the black color of the screws looked washed out and very unevenly spread in the surface. There are a couple anodized ones for 0.5euro/piece, that are way too expensive, considering more than 20 needed for one distro. So we gonna use regular stainless steel screws to prevent rusting. Sorry about that, but currently that the only safest way. It can be easily swapped out in the future, if needed, while the pump running. I tested it, and one by one, I can change all of the screws without leaking :D

I'm more than happy with the stainless steel ones. As the distro is clear the black screws would have just been much more visible. Keep up the good work! ??❤️