Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

umicro

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
That's probably the only problem with the case-not a major one, but we will be limited to reference pcb if watercooled-most non reference pcbs, like FTW3 or MSI Gaming exceed 150mm with waterblock.

It would be a nice to be able to fit non-ref pcb with water blocks +10-20mm would help a lot.
Maybe if production has not started it could be added.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
That's probably the only problem with the case-not a major one, but we will be limited to reference pcb if watercooled-most non reference pcbs, like FTW3 or MSI Gaming exceed 150mm with waterblock.
It would be a nice to be able to fit non-ref pcb with water blocks +10-20mm would help a lot.
Maybe if production has not started it could be added.
If you can help me with that, or you have any experience in these oversized cards with waterblocks sizewise, I really appriciate it. It can be added to the production model. I just need to take care of the tubing space under and above the gpu, so finding a sweetspot would be nice!

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Adding additional 15mm to gpu card height would solve all the issues. Most of the tallest cards hover around 162mm with gpu block

Shremi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2017

I was going to use my 1080TI Gaming X for the build with a waterblock ...... guess its time to upgrade

umicro

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
Actually I can add +10mm to it, but 160 is the max, because of the midplate mounting mechanism.

Does it have to do with how low you can position the riser cable?
or how low the bracket is for the video card?

If you could push the mount 5mm down and the roof 5mm up could be the solution to push 20mm
that would be 170mm which is above most cards and terminals.

2070 SUPER Strix is one of the larger cards, speaking to Necere he advised my card is 130.4mm + 30mm for terminals so requirement is ~160mm
having a look at EK the water block itself is 149mm

EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 2080 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

Not sure what this translates to when mounted cause i don't know where the measurements starts on the PCB.
but 160mm whould squeeze in some cards, with the terminals .4 mm in squeezing in - nothing some sanding cant fix off a terminal block.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Does it have to do with how low you can position the riser cable?
or how low the bracket is for the video card?

If you could push the mount 5mm down and the roof 5mm up could be the solution to push 20mm
that would be 170mm which is above most cards and terminals.

2070 SUPER Strix is one of the larger cards, speaking to Necere he advised my card is 130.4mm + 30mm for terminals so requirement is ~160mm
having a look at EK the water block itself is 149mm

EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 2080 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

Not sure what this translates to when mounted cause i don't know where the measurements starts on the PCB.
but 160mm whould squeeze in some cards, with the terminals .4 mm in squeezing in - nothing some sanding cant fix off a terminal block.
This is my problem here. I cant make that mounting point smaller because it has effect on the rigidity of the case. To be precise, there is 160,7 mm space for the card so you should be close (around +/- 0.2mm due to tolerances) , but fine. Maybe I make small adjustments on the next revision of the case. I cant find larger cards+block that this right now, so I think 99% of the buyers will be fine :p

xunilon

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2019
I have been scouring the web for the past several weeks trying to find a case like this. This is THE case! I registered just so I could share my excitement. I am 100% down to pre-order this beast. ?

• Love

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Actually I can add +10mm to it, but 160 is the max, because of the midplate mounting mechanism.
160.7mm is absolutely great, with only few of the largest cards not compatible. Keep up the good work, your response to community advice is outstanding to say the least.

umicro

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
This is my problem here. I cant make that mounting point smaller because it has effect on the rigidity of the case. To be precise, there is 160,7 mm space for the card so you should be close (around +/- 0.2mm due to tolerances) , but fine. Maybe I make small adjustments on the next revision of the case. I cant find larger cards+block that this right now, so I think 99% of the buyers will be fine :p

That's perfect 160mm should fit 99.9% of cards and blocks.

PS. could you send me the CAD for the top or bottom cover - wanted to see if i can design a 3d printed set of feet that slide in to the top.

Thanks

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I have been scouring the web for the past several weeks trying to find a case like this. This is THE case! I registered just so I could share my excitement. I am 100% down to pre-order this beast. ?
Really really appriciate it! I hope you will love the final product as well! ?
160.7mm is absolutely great, with only few of the largest cards not compatible. Keep up the good work, your response to community advice is outstanding to say the least.
Thanks! This case is for you guys, so I take every good advice!
That's perfect 160mm should fit 99.9% of cards and blocks.

PS. could you send me the CAD for the top or bottom cover - wanted to see if i can design a 3d printed set of feet that slide in to the top.

Thanks
Can you explain this a little bit more? I'm a bit tired and cant imagine what you want to 3dprint sorry ?

umicro

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
Can you explain this a little bit more? I'm a bit tired and cant imagine what you want to 3dprint sorry ?

I'm thinking to print a frame that has diagonal ridges that would mate into the slots that you have on the top and bottom case expanders to raise it up.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
All can use 90 angle adapter for gpu waterblock. Bitspower, Barrow has it.
For EKWB I have Faggan mod part.
The absolute lowest profile 90 degree fittings are I believe these Koolance fittings.

However my solution was to get the Rotary Terminal for my EKWB FC GPU Block. This eliminates any possible issues with horizontal clearance, although might create vertical clearance issues for some depending on tube routing. I don't know of the Rotary Terminal is compatible with the new EK Vector GPU blocks, however.