DAN C4-SFX

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Nice update. In comparison to the T1 v2 reference and inverting the Sliger S620, that air tunnel is interesting and I was already thinking about front mounting the psu with front exhaust vs the regular layout. Will there be exhausting sides like the Sliger front panel or is that not really needed? I'll wait to see the comparison of the C14s air set up vs the Silversoul 135 tower air set up. At this point, I would only pick the S620 if I needed the air cooler size. Any plans for a window panel? I know that would make the C14s less effective in that set up.

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020
Is maximum pump height 80 mm when using 45mm rad and 25 mm fan?

And is 140 mm the maximum radiator width? If so, the Alphacool ST30 280mm V.2 rad can not be used.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
At this point, I would only pick the S620 if I needed the air cooler size. Any plans for a window panel?

I will work on this after the release.

Is maximum pump height 80 mm when using 45mm rad and 25 mm fan?

And is 140 mm the maximum radiator width? If so, the Alphacool ST30 280mm V.2 rad can not be used.

Max pump height of 80mm is on 35mm rad with 25mm fans like the Arctic 280 AIO.
It depends. Directly mounted to the bracket 141mm is max. If you put first fans and than radiator on the bracket the maximum would be 162mm ;)

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com

It depends. Directly mounted to the bracket 141mm is max. If you put first fans and than radiator on the bracket the maximum would be 162mm ;)
Reminder: Arctic 280 uses P14 fans which are 27 mm. And the radiator itself is 38 mm. Also see the data sheet.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: nathanjaker

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I could made the feet out of 4 parts. Than it would be possible to unscrew the middle part with the spikes

Some questions:

1) If you separate the feet into 4 parts, after we unscrew that "middle part" of the feet, will it straight away become like this below (your drawing)? If yes that would be great. Keeping things simple, basically.

2) Is the layout still flip-able?

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
I'm a little confused why so many people are interested in retaining the flip-able paradigm. It seems like we're pretty confident at this point that the best thermal performance comes when the layout is inverted. Why would you want a mode that is categorically worse? Just for the sake of the added "feature?"

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020

Is there some technical reason that the max radiator width is 141? Is it possible to make it 143 without sacrificing other features? The Alphacool st30 280 V2, which is 143 mm, is not the best performing radiator but the multiport feature makes it easy to fill/drain the loop when not using a reservoir.

oranellis

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2021
Man, I cannot wait to replace the cardboard box with this, you can't take my money fast enough.

The design looks good though, I don't really mind the feet, they are certainly unique and look pretty industrial and there is always the option to design and print custom ones. To me it's not worth the extra complexity of making them in 4 pieces but other people might disagree. They might also look better without the chamfer on the front and back edge as the case is quite cube-oriented with the sharp top edges so having them not chamfered and about 15mm rather than 20mm would in my opinion look better.

Not sure if you're able to size it or have any models but I think the watercooling ports on the 3080 EK full cover GPU block should JUST fit within the 145mm height limit. Just to confirm, is that height limit including the pcie pads at the bottom of the GPU?

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
The design looks good though, I don't really mind the feet, they are certainly unique and look pretty industrial and there is always the option to design and print custom ones. To me it's not worth the extra complexity of making them in 4 pieces but other people might disagree. They might also look better without the chamfer on the front and back edge as the case is quite cube-oriented with the sharp top edges so having them not chamfered and about 15mm rather than 20mm would in my opinion look better.

I like them too, but agree that the option to change them is a winner!

Dan, it's looking really good, you've had a LONG uphill battle on this one.

m-i-c-k-e-y

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2018
- So if I have a pen drive I have to stuck it at the back? 🥴 Just kidding. USB-A for legacy devices.
- So you are leg man! 😝 Need that many legs for stability bro? You can cut some to improve airflow a bit.
- HDDs can be mounted the other way around right (cable management)?
- Be sure to limit number of screw sizes...

Proposals where to tuck in the cables, aside the top of psu?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm a little confused why so many people are interested in retaining the flip-able paradigm. It seems like we're pretty confident at this point that the best thermal performance comes when the layout is inverted. Why would you want a mode that is categorically worse? Just for the sake of the added "feature?"

I understand your confusion. Indeed my use case is a bit different than majority of us here.

Reason is, it's because dust falls downward from top to bottom. GPU fans on top means after a while my GPU (+ fans + heatsink) will be covered in dust (+ dead insects + mold spores + heaven knows what).

You're correct that I no longer chase for maximum performance (I'm too old for that sh*t). I just want to have a beautiful case with as little maintenance as possible (or longer MTBM - mean time between maintenance), while still having "reasonable" performance & compatibility.

Blubbblah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 18, 2022
Hi Dan. Do you also test the optimum deshroud setup like in the ncase m1? How are the Temps when you place the top fans as exhaust?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan is it possible to add a small fan to the rear of the case?

Yes 80mm, 92 or 100mm are supported.

Reminder: Arctic 280 uses P14 fans which are 27 mm. And the radiator itself is 38 mm. Also see the data sheet.

cu, w0lf.

Will still fit

@dondan would you explain again how the airflow bracket works and why it helps?

does it benefit both AIB design and 30x0 FE?
See my thermnal design pictures

Is there some technical reason that the max radiator width is 141? Is it possible to make it 143 without sacrificing other features? The Alphacool st30 280 V2, which is 143 mm, is not the best performing radiator but the multiport feature makes it easy to fill/drain the loop when not using a reservoir.
There is not more space or it will interfer with the clips. If you want to install bigger ones - as I said just switch fan and rad position.

- So if I have a pen drive I have to stuck it at the back? 🥴 Just kidding. USB-A for legacy devices.
- So you are leg man! 😝 Need that many legs for stability bro? You can cut some to improve airflow a bit.
- HDDs can be mounted the other way around right (cable management)?
- Be sure to limit number of screw sizes...

Proposals where to tuck in the cables, aside the top of psu?
For the feets see my newest update. For HDD i do not get the question. For screws it will be M3 on everything and 6-32 UNC on PSU. I also do not get the last question.

Hi Dan. Do you also test the optimum deshroud setup like in the ncase m1? How are the Temps when you place the top fans as exhaust?
I will test it after I got the sample.