DAN C4-SFX

jakkuftw

Chassis Packer
Apr 16, 2019
Nice! From aesthetics point of view is it possible where is power button and usb c to make it flat without top hat cutout?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Than the powerbutton and pcb has to be part of the top panel. This would but stress on the pw_on and pw_led wires everytime you removed it and cables can be broken. Happend here on my last sample.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
C4-SFX POWER WEEK - last chance to add changes

Here is the current drawing of the C4-SFX.

You will have one week giving me fire. In this week you can tell me what you are missing what is bad or great and needs to be changed or should be kept. There will be no poll just exchange here in the forum. I will think about your suggestions and decide by myself to add or drop them.

After that week the CAD work is done and I will rest it for another week. Making rederings think about it from all angles and then i will send them to LianLi and start with the manual.

Final specs:

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
241 x 166 x 329mm, 13.15L
Overall Dimensions: 261 x 166 x 332 (including case feets)
Weight: ~1,7 Kg

Graphic cards support: 3 Slot GPU up to 320mm length and 145mm in height including power connectors (Yes the STRIX will fit)
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, DTX, deep ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 145mm in height.
Water cooling support: up to 280mm radiator with 140x140x25mm fans

Watercooling
Max configuration:
320x140x45 + 140x140x25 fans
Max Pump height: 80mm

Drives: up to 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Now please let me know what you think.
I like this, especially with the outside mounted Iceman res/pump combo. Case feet. hm. I nearly always change them anyway.

macfraser88

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 22, 2022
Hey, your work is amazing! I've been waiting for this case since Optimum Tech tested it. I currently have a Ghost S1 with the Tophat L, a 5950X (water cooled) and a 2080 TI. Gets pretty hot in there ^^ That's why I'm looking forward to your case, since I also want to upgrade to a RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 :)

Since the last wishes can be made here I would also like to speak out for the old feet and for the finish I like the matte silver of the Ghost S1 or the aluminum from your sample. The Dan A4-H20 looks a bit too shiny and sprinkled to me in Optimums Techs video. But all of this are no deal breakers. Looking forward to the case and hope I can buy it soon :)

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
How about making top panel cutout smaller, so power button and USB port end up in it's center?
That probably would require making power button smaller, but that's better as well IMO -- there's way too little of visual padding from the edge.

Tea

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2022
Hey, so i just found out to use C14s cooler in this case, I need to remove the bottom plate which exposed a big opening in the bottom of the case. Is it possible to somehow not have a big hole on the case… the feeling of bare tower cooler without some kind of protect frame isn’t great. Also I can’t use C4 for traveling as carry-on in airport because there’s a big hole that is not safe. AIO cooler is not an option because it has liquid in it.