DAN C4-SFX

vetusPC

Efficiency Noob
May 7, 2018

I kinda want mounting holes on the back grill so we can mount another fan or other whatever crazy things we can come up with.

And yes I know they are not aligned :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The slot holes are 5.2mm so fan screws or M4 or M3 screws will work through it. With the slots you can achieve exactly the same you wish. Also the pattern will work with 92mm or 80mm fans. Or did i miss something? :)

vetusPC

Efficiency Noob
May 7, 2018
The slot holes are 5.2mm so fan screws or M4 or M3 screws will work through it. With the slots you can achieve exactly the same you wish. Also the pattern will work with 92mm or 80mm fans. Or did i miss something? :)
I didn't know the slot holes fit with fan screws.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are all PSU positions:

The first 2 allows for SFX and SFX-L the last one is SFX only.
The first and last one allows for RTX 30x0 air duct. With this ducts and a 280 AIO no air of the GPU will be recycled by the radiator.

sliangs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 9, 2021
@dondan congrats on the A4-H2O launch. The case looks amazing btw. But now there's a new problem. It's that there are too many good cases coming out this year!

Is the C4-SFX also going to be manufactured by Lian Li and be relatively affordable and available? Trying to decide which one to bite.

m-i-c-k-e-y

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2018
Sorry Bud (@dondan) for bothering. Was interested since at the begining for it will support for deep-ITX. So how will it fit? Raising the PSU (or change orientation)? Still maintain the watercooler or go air?

lucinski

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2020
I understand that the default GPU position is at the top of the case, but you still have the option of inverting the case and place it at the bottom, right? If so, how would that happen, you invert the case, switch the top and bottom panels together with the case feet and that is the end of that?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Is the C4-SFX also going to be manufactured by Lian Li and be relatively affordable and available? Trying to decide which one to bite.

It will be made by LianLi in Taiwan like the A4-SFX in smaller quantities. So the price will be ~200€/$200

Sorry Bud (@dondan) for bothering. Was interested since at the begining for it will support for deep-ITX. So how will it fit? Raising the PSU (or change orientation)? Still maintain the watercooler or go air?
Wow good eyes. You are right i will fix this.

From the pictures above it looks like 120 mm fan holes are still on the bracket, are they being kept after all?
True. I was able to increase the airflow of the bracket while keeping 240 AIO support. There would be no benifit removing it. Maybe some customers that are switching to the C4-SFX can now use existing components.

A second USB C port on the front is out of question I assume? (just confirming because it looks like there would be space for it)
The internal USB-C Key-A header does only support one USB-C. The old 19pin header has no real USB-C support. Without a controler board one port is max.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Great you ask. Here is not the answer:

My plan is to show you within the next 7 days the "final" CAD drawing. I will show them raw (no renderings just screenshots) but with all important details and from all angles.

Then I will give you one week for giving me fire. In this week you can tell me what you are missing what is bad or great and needs to be changed or should be kept. There will be no poll just exchange here in the forum. I will think about your suggestions and decide by myself to add or drop them.

After that week the CAD work is done and I will rest it for another week. Making rederings think about it from all angles and then i will send them to LianLi and start with the manual.