DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2019
Some pictures of the A4-SFXv4

Regards
Daniel

in the purchase, do you give buyer to choose usb 3.0 or type c for front panel?
in my mind not all user use this type C

thanks

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
in the purchase, do you give buyer to choose usb 3.0 or type c for front panel?
in my mind not all user use this type C

thanks
I hope, no choice! :)
It's time to move on, for the industry also! And you've so many type A port on the back, anyway!

Reactions: Killinger

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Hey Daniel! I accidentally lost a few case screws when trying to build in the A4. If I contact Lian Li, can I buy new ones directly from them?

EDIT: With the new updates and the successor to the 545LC coming out, I might just get the V4. Disregard this, thanks!

keshon

Cable Smoosher
Feb 1, 2019
I hope, no choice! :)
It's time to move on, for the industry also! And you've so many type A port on the back, anyway!
Yeah well putting type c on Dan A4 wont make industry move any further. I don't see many peripherals (inc. flash drives) with type c around on daily basis except phone chargers.
Question about offering on option is a good one but I think Dan already made his decision.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I don't see whats wrong with usb-c on front. More and more case designers do it. Though, as long as large manufacturers don't adapt, it will be rather useless. A large number as users are screaming for brands like logitech and storage manufacturers like sandisc to implement usb-c.

Me as a XPS13 user has the same opinion as a large number of macbook users. Where the hell are the usb-c unified logitech adapters and usb-c flash drives. It costs a manufacturer a couple of cents more to implement a type c port. Still, for example Logitech, delivers new devices with type-a or micro USB. How hard can it be to make some type c compatible devices.

I know the c standard has been abused and alot of variantes have been designed but still, i love the fact I can have a usb hub, network adapter, dual displayport + hdmi with triple 4k output and charge my laptop through a simpele usb type c cable with my Dell dock.

I think offering a choise would be a nice gesture, though I think the dan ecosystem is to small to keep the cost of a choise justified.

Maybe apples announcement to adapt to Type-C on all their devices might put some pressure on manufacturers.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah well putting type c on Dan A4 wont make industry move any further. I don't see many peripherals (inc. flash drives) with type c around on daily basis except phone chargers.
Question about offering on option is a good one but I think Dan already made his decision.
I understand, BUT, is one type C, against 6 at the back. And in the next year, all peripherals will be released with Type C connector. So, It is kind of future proof!
The problem with options, is that multiplied by the number of people that needs the own option, will be impossible to deal with all of them!

The option, I think, will be to buy the V3 without the other improvement, of course! :)

But Let's DAN to answer. This is just my thoughts in general, for a lot of things.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Ahhhhhhh! I finally finished hours of cable management/ frustration and then discovered a i/o clip was blocking one of the display ports -had to take the entire system apart again. My fingers are bruised and sore. What a pain in the rear.
Welcome to the family. You never experienced real pain until you built a dan-a4 (Pun intended)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ahhhhhhh! I finally finished hours of cable management/ frustration and then discovered a i/o clip was blocking one of the display ports -had to take the entire system apart again. My fingers are bruised and sore. What a pain in the rear.
Happened to me in EVERY ASrock had till now. That damned DIsplayPort's clip!!!

Reactions: SkyhookJr

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019

Samething happened to me too. Luckily i noticed it before i put the rest together.

Reactions: SkyhookJr and fabio

ballsack

Case Bender
Jun 19, 2018
Hey Dan!

I did attempt a basic search before asking - however I may well have missed the answer.
  • At what price point, given the riser / 120mm bracket being optional, etc. do you think the V4 will come in at?
  • Do you plan to extend global availability for your case (i.e. like what Cablemod do with PCCG in Australia)?
I absolutely love the design of the DAN A4 and I've been eyeing it for some time! I can't wait to get my hands on a V4!

Cheers,
Mike.

glow

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2019
Sadly where I'm from FE are hard to come by
I have an A4 with a RTX2060FE. The only real complaint I have about the setup is the GPU fans are almost right up against the side panel and cause quite a bit of air turbulence noise. if I remove the side panel, the noise noticeably drops. The RTX FE cards do not support idle fan stop, so the fans are always running. There are ways around this, but they mostly revolve around finding the "right" VBIOS that supports the reference board and the idle stop feature. For my RTX2060FE, that likelihood is very, very slim.