DAN A4-SFX v4.1

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
I'm based in Sweden. And shipping was quite expensive with the selected DHL, so he was kind enough to provide me with UPS instead, which was quite a lot cheaper. Took about a week (weekend included) and was delivered to my door.
Do you know the price of the cable?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Do you know the price of the cable?

According to my order invoice:

DAN Cases A4-SFX 24 Pin Unsleeved Custom Cable × 1 - $44.99

Keep in mind that this one precisely made, meaning that one end has longer cable than the other. This is so that when you turn it in the 90 degree from PSU to motherboard connector, it doesn't have excess cable poking out due to it being too long.

Reactions: swaggywaggy

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
So here is my build. No photo of the inside, unfortunately.

As you can see the GPU is slightly too fat. So I removed the screws holding in the plastic backing and then used on of those screws to push the GPU flush against the back of the case.

On the CPU side the tubing and wiring is creating such a bulge that I used a command strip to hold in the top part of the side panel as it was popping off. The command strip works but is very fat, I might change it to double sided tape later to get it more flush - But that is the side that faces the wall so I can't see it.

I was thinking of buying a air cooler and abandoning the AIO, but temps are so good I think I may save up for a PSlate 24 Pin cable.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
So here is my build. No photo of the inside, unfortunately.

As you can see the GPU is slightly too fat. So I removed the screws holding in the plastic backing and then used on of those screws to push the GPU flush against the back of the case.

On the CPU side the tubing and wiring is creating such a bulge that I used a command strip to hold in the top part of the side panel as it was popping off. The command strip works but is very fat, I might change it to double sided tape later to get it more flush - But that is the side that faces the wall so I can't see it.

I was thinking of buying a air cooler and abandoning the AIO, but temps are so good I think I may save up for a PSlate 24 Pin cable.

Again, I don't have an edit button. Here are the photos

Reactions: thelaughingman

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Well I got it all together and it boots but the 24pin that I routed next to the RAM won't allow the tubing to sit flat at all so the side panel flies off.

Custom cables are too expensive for me. So going to try and make this work some how.

I can't get much of the 24 pin I'm the GPU area due to having such a large GPU.

When I piled it all up under the PSU it put too much pressure on the fan and it didn't spin

you can use 92mm grill guard for the fan and than apply pressure with cables no problem.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Again, I don't have an edit button. Here are the photos

Yeah, your GPU bulges out of the case due to unfortunately it's not compatible with the Dan A4. It seems to be slightly thicker than 2 slots.

What your fix may due/cause in the long term, I have no idea. But something worth keeping an eye on going forward.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Yeah, your GPU bulges out of the case due to unfortunately it's not compatible with the Dan A4. It seems to be slightly thicker than 2 slots.

What your fix may due/cause in the long term, I have no idea. But something worth keeping an eye on going forward.

You have the 645lt and the PSlate customs don't you? I ask because I saw another thread here where someone had some custom cables with an AIO and the way they routed the cables blocked longer GPUs.

Do you happen to have any photos of your build so I can use for reference? I'm weighing up buying a custom 24pin or switching to an air cooler.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
I think I'm going to ditch the AIO and go for a Noctua l9a. Will give me option for more 2.5 HDD as well as get this cable management headache over with.

Running a R5 3600 so I think the Noctua will be fine.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
You have the 645lt and the PSlate customs don't you? I ask because I saw another thread here where someone had some custom cables with an AIO and the way they routed the cables blocked longer GPUs.

Do you happen to have any photos of your build so I can use for reference? I'm weighing up buying a custom 24pin or switching to an air cooler.

Yes, I have both of them. I'm not sure about nor can comment on other builds, especially regarding if their routed cables interferred with their GPU.

Before I got my custom PSlate cables, I used the included ones with the SF750 and I had no issues with them either, in regards to the mentioned issue about the GPU.

Do keep in mind that the Noctua L9a isn't that good of keeping the CPU cool. It gets the job done yes, but the fan can get rather loud during heavy loads.

I opened up my case earlier today to take some pictures for you of my build. Apologies for it being rather dusy at the moment and that it's quite difficult to get a good picture of the cable(s). Due to everything being so compact. But also due to the cables, especially the 24 pin is very short and specially designed for this case, it hids well in the PC, where you can hardly see it.

I removed the AIO tubing out the way a bit to make it easier to see, hope this helps!

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Thanks @Dawelio
How did you have the 24 pin routed before you for the custom?

Do you think just the 24pin as a custom will do? I feel that's the only thing getting in the way of the tubing.

What GPU do you have?

I'll get some photos later and see what you think of how I've done mine. I'm not happy with it at all

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks @Dawelio
How did you have the 24 pin routed before you for the custom?

Do you think just the 24pin as a custom will do? I feel that's the only thing getting in the way of the tubing.

What GPU do you have?

I'll get some photos later and see what you think of how I've done mine. I'm not happy with it at all

No problem!

Umm, I had to really tighten basically each cable up, the entire area around the 24 pin connector that you see in the pictures, all of that were not visible before.

The included 24 pin and 8 pin CPU cable covered that entire space up. I managed to get them flat with the case, but it was just too much with the AIO, so the tubes bulged out of the case. So for a few weeks I had it running without the side panel on that side.

Yes, I do believe so. Although, I'd personally purchase an 8 pin EPS (CPU) cable as well, due to it being shorter and hence no excess cable being in the case.

I have the Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce III GPU:

Also, here's an short instruction from PSlate customs website regarding how to route the 24 pin to not interfere with the AIO tubes.

In order to install this cable and not block the AIO tube routing path, please twist the cable so that the bulk of the wiring is "behind" the 10+18 connectors (Corsair PSUs).

The bottom picture shows exactly how mine is routed inside my case, so you can get a better visualisation of how it's routed in my pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: swaggywaggy

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Do you think it's possible to remove the radiator with the PSU still installed? Seems like it might be easier to route all the cables to the GPU side and then slide the rad in

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Do you think it's possible to remove the radiator with the PSU still installed? Seems like it might be easier to route all the cables to the GPU side and then slide the rad in

I wouldn't personally recommend it. I would try with the PSU and having the front 2 screws removed from the case itself, this will give you a bit more wiggle room with the PSU. Which is something you can not get from the AIO side unfortunately.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Can someone please share with me the dimensions for the holed section of the panel? I don't have my case yet, but I would like to mount some fans there in the future. Thanks all!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

A tip for you, as I might have missunderstood your post.

Do you run the cables from the PSU directly to the GPU side, between the back of the PSU and back of the GPU?

Easiest way to route the GPU cables is to turn them 90 degress directly to the front of the case, from the PSU. Then route them up, on the front side (where you can mount an front SSD) and then through the small hole to the top left side (if facing the front panel towards you).

This is how I have done it and found it working the best.

Hope this helps.

Can someone please share with me the dimensions for the holed section of the panel? I don't have my case yet, but I would like to mount some fans there in the future. Thanks all!

I’ve tried mounting an fan to the side panel, both with screws, rubber mounts etc and unfortunately the holes are too small to install a fan onto it.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
@Dawelio Yes I already have my PCIe cables routed through the front of the case. This gives me some room under the PCI brackets where the GPU is sat, so I was wondering if I could bunch up the bulk of the 24pin in that area.

I was wondering if there is enough gap between the PSU and the Mobo to fit the 24 pin through when coming back from the GPU side.

Another note: Is there a spreadsheet somewhere listing compatible GPUs? It seems a lot of manufactures list something as "Dual slot" even though the fans stick out slightly more - Thus making it incompatible with the DAN

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
@Dawelio Yes I already have my PCIe cables routed through the front of the case. This gives me some room under the PCI brackets where the GPU is sat, so I was wondering if I could bunch up the bulk of the 24pin in that area.

I was wondering if there is enough gap between the PSU and the Mobo to fit the 24 pin through when coming back from the GPU side.

Another note: Is there a spreadsheet somewhere listing compatible GPUs? It seems a lot of manufactures list something as "Dual slot" even though the fans stick out slightly more - Thus making it incompatible with the DAN

you can always go with
"NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition"
maximum power and it fits very well in dan a4 case.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
you can always go with
"NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition"
maximum power and it fits very well in dan a4 case.

I'm not looking for anywhere near that much power. Looking for something between RX5500 and RX5600 - Also only looking at AMD as it plays nicer with Linux