DAN A4-SFX v4.1

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Update.

So I have bent the 24 pin out to the left, up the side of the ram, and then back down to the motherboard.

Radiator fan spins freely.

Taking my RAM heatsinks off today (I always knew I'd have to) as they are extra tall.

Then I just need to mount the cooler and it should be good to go.

Reactions: thelaughingman

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
why is the juno x and juno pro rbw a heatsink option for the a4-sfx bundle (on overclocker)? they appear to be too tall, no?

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Update.

So I have bent the 24 pin out to the left, up the side of the ram, and then back down to the motherboard.

Radiator fan spins freely.

Taking my RAM heatsinks off today (I always knew I'd have to) as they are extra tall.

Then I just need to mount the cooler and it should be good to go.
Photos or it didn't happen! Come on, we're bored due to quarantine... give us something ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I will get them uploaded once I have the heatspresders off. Where is best to upload for the forum, Imgur?

I use imgur too. Though I might make pull all my PC photos into a google photos album and set that album to public. Having to download from GG then upload to imgur is kinda redundant haha

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
what is the maximum GPU height for v4.1? I know it's dual slot, but there's no standard measurement for that. I'm trying to figure out which file i need in the zip that contains a bunch of gpu spacers.

Edit: I'm looking at a 50mm height gpu. which spacer do i need because the zip file has a bunch of files in it.

Last edited:

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
what is the maximum GPU height for v4.1? I know it's dual slot, but there's no standard measurement for that. I'm trying to figure out which file i need in the zip that contains a bunch of gpu spacers.

I have "PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt"
and it barely fits with its height,
the length I know can be under 300mm.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020

Edit: I'm looking at a 50mm height gpu. which spacer do i need because the zip file has a bunch of files in it.

What ZIP are you talking about?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
what is the maximum GPU height for v4.1? I know it's dual slot, but there's no standard measurement for that.

According to OCUK:
  • Maximum GPU Length: 295 / 306 mm (without/incl. bracket)
  • Maximum GPU Height: 144 mm (from the bottom of the PCIe slot)
  • Maximum GPU Width: 40 / 45 mm (without/with backplate)

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Well I got it all together and it boots but the 24pin that I routed next to the RAM won't allow the tubing to sit flat at all so the side panel flies off.

Custom cables are too expensive for me. So going to try and make this work some how.

I can't get much of the 24 pin I'm the GPU area due to having such a large GPU.

When I piled it all up under the PSU it put too much pressure on the fan and it didn't spin

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Ok I've managed to get it all in. Amazing.

But now that, or something is pushing my GPU out and the fans are grinding against the side panel. Need to work out how to push it back.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Do keep in mind that for now you might have succeded. But in the long term it might get worse, ie the cable might touch the fan or something else.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Do keep in mind that for now you might have succeded. But in the long term it might get worse, ie the cable might touch the fan or something else.

Happened already. The AIO fan has stopped spinning. Going to take the side off and have a look. It freely spins with my finger but won't power by itself (which it did)... So I am assuming there isn't too much resistance.

Regarding the GPU, I am going to remove the plastic spacers that hold the plastic sheet in. The sheet is missing from mine anyway, so no need for them to be there and I have a back plate on GPU. Will give a few mm clearance. Hopefully enough to get the GPU in.

Would a fan guard help?
I'm not getting wires stuck in the fan, it's the pressure from the wires pushing down that is stopping the fan rotating.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Happened already. The AIO fan has stopped spinning. Going to take the side off and have a look. It freely spins with my finger but won't power by itself (which it did)... So I am assuming there isn't too much resistance.

Regarding the GPU, I am going to remove the plastic spacers that hold the plastic sheet in. The sheet is missing from mine anyway, so no need for them to be there and I have a back plate on GPU. Will give a few mm clearance. Hopefully enough to get the GPU in.

Would a fan guard help?
I'm not getting wires stuck in the fan, it's the pressure from the wires pushing down that is stopping the fan rotating.

Personally I have a fan grill on my AIO and custom PSU cables from PSlate Customs specifically made for the Dan A4 and they helped a lot. I personally didn't have much trouble with the included cables with my SF750 anyway, so for me it was more a thing with space saving and overall aestethics than anything.

Then again, I only have 4 cables in my system at the moment, only 3 when I didn't have the custom cables (used the included 8 + 8 pin PCI-E cable, therefore only one cable to power the GPU, now I have 2 seperate ones).

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Removing the plastic spacers has helped. I now need to prop something between the side panel to push the GPU back slightly and there is no problem with fan clearance. However there is a lot of air turbulence noise. Any advice on that?

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Personally I have a fan grill on my AIO and custom PSU cables from PSlate Customs specifically made for the Dan A4 and they helped a lot..

I'm not sure where you are based but I am based in the UK. I have looked on PSlate and everything is sold out. I was wondering if you knew how much shipping is? I just need a 24 pin

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I'm not sure where you are based but I am based in the UK. I have looked on PSlate and everything is sold out. I was wondering if you knew how much shipping is? I just need a 24 pin
You might take a look at these cables from Etsy, I see a lot of reddit users have them and are really pleased with the quality and price.

Reactions: swaggywaggy

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

I'm based in Sweden. And shipping was quite expensive with the selected DHL, so he was kind enough to provide me with UPS instead, which was quite a lot cheaper. Took about a week (weekend included) and was delivered to my door.

Reactions: rfarmer