Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Do we have an ETA for batch 5 being sent out? I'm planning a LAN for the 5th of August and was hoping to have it before that :)

b4d_b100d

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2017
Do we have an ETA for batch 5 being sent out? I'm planning a LAN for the 5th of August and was hoping to have it before that :)
I would say don't be hopeful. I got into the 5th batch back when it's estimated delivery date was July 5th. And you know how that's going haha.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Just noticed it says 'before july 30' on the frontpage. Yes, sounds like its going to be tight.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Potential fans: scythe slip stream 120mm 12mm height

The Scythe 120mm x 12mm fan is not quiet in my experience, the default slim Noctua 92mm fan that comes with the cooler will be much quieter

Always been a firm believer in 120mm fans ( even if they are bigger then the cooler base ) as it pushes more air at lower sound.

This is true, however fans create most of their airflow around the outer edge of the fan not the center, and as the outer edge of the fan will not be over the heatsink as its bigger than the heatsink then most of the air will not be passing through the heatsink and you may actually find you get worse temperatures. Just something to consider!

Khord

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2017
I'm noticing that the side panels are shorter than the front panel. Could this be corrected in future revisions?
Noticed that too, presumably due to not accounting for the 2 bends which reduce the height in reality, while it may have lined up in design

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
My PSU has arrived in the country and is on the way to my house now! How exciting.

Now I just need the case..... :)

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@sergiiua, have any tests been done to determine if the hdd would overheat when using the video card in games? I mean, because of the hdd location and how sff video cards are made, hot air from most if not all the cards will blow some of it's hot air directly on the hdd.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Where are you planning to fit 2x 15mm hdds?

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@benjiro ah, I see.
I hadn't looked close enough at that version before now.