Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Its not really excess that needs to be grind down. He used the excess same dimensions for the side panel as the front. But because the front panel site below the side panel "lip", that is where the excess happens. If you look at the picture, you can see it exactly.

What is needed is that he needs to adjust his drawing/plan to make the front panel 1.5mm shorter when they cut it out.

So:
* Side panel height 180mm
* Front panel height 180mm -> 178.5mm. And after installing it on the case you get 1.5mm "lip" + 178.5 = 180mm. And no excess :)

Yea, i figure that out when comparing the sizes. I do not want a 1080 but hey, that extra space looks useful. Its only 4 cm more ( SFF people are now going to kill me for saying that :) ) and it adds a ton of useful space.

What i find a bit of a shame, is that the space below the GPU looks wasted ( beyond the power cable that will run there ). Thinking of maybe putting a USB 3.0 SSD there that i currently used for traveling. Only needs a few zip ties to hold it in place.

Can not wait to get my hands on the case ... Possibilities :)
I get that but what I was saying was to correct the issue for now he could do that. Until the next batch or whatever

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
The issue with that is the paint job. If he grind down.the metal, there is exposed aluminium. Painting it by hand may work but its still ... its like trying to repair pain damage on your car, its never 100% going to look new unless a full repaint is done. In my opinion the slightly longer is probably better then the whole grind and paint.
oh yeah for sure

Reactions: Biowarejak

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@wabbitro and @Curiosity

What PSU are you both using with your EVGA GTX1060 SC? I'm curious as I have the same card. I already have the 220W Dell power brick. Still need to by the DC-DC G-Unique unit. As per my conversation with guryhwa a few months ago, it should be enough with my 1060 and my i5-6500. I'm just curious if you decided to get a bigger brick.

Thanks

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
@wabbitro and @Curiosity

What PSU are you both using with your EVGA GTX1060 SC? I'm curious as I have the same card. I already have the 220W Dell power brick. Still need to by the DC-DC G-Unique unit. As per my conversation with guryhwa a few months ago, it should be enough with my 1060 and my i5-6500. I'm just curious if you decided to get a bigger brick.

Thanks
I'd order the 400w not because you'll need it but because you have future options that way. That's what I went with and I've only got the MSI aero 1060

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Oh yeah!!! Mine looks great! Thanks for posting the pics.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
This latest batch looks really good, a noticeable improvement in the quality of the powder coating and manufacturing tolerances. And the new vent pattern looks sick.

I noticed the case in the very first picture doesn't have screws on the side panels, whereas the rest do. How do the panels attach there? I'd still love to see some kind of a tool-less solution.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
This latest batch looks really good, a noticeable improvement in the quality of the powder coating and manufacturing tolerances. And the new vent pattern looks sick.

I noticed the case in the very first picture doesn't have screws on the side panels, whereas the rest do. How do the panels attach there? I'd still love to see some kind of a tool-less solution.
That one screws in from the bottom
And personally I prefer it that way i like the hidden screws

Last edited: