Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
News by orders.

Batch #4 is painted and sent to me. I'll get it written.
Batch #5 is cut out, bent. The factory promised to send tomorrow to me. How to get a photo.

I apologize for the delay. If you can not wait, do not hesitate to contact me.
I'm always in touch. Thank you.
Super excited :D

Reactions: sergiiua

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Ordered the extended case. Just what i was looking for.

Thanks QuantumBraced for pointing this case out in the youtube comments. Been long time split between the S4 Mini ( USA shipping/Import Tax = expensive ) / Z270M ( MXM cost way too high. Not future proof ). This case just solved my issues. And from the look of it, the extended case, will allow me to install two 15mm seagates ( if i double stack them together ).

To think the ordering closes today for the next group. Lucky me. And thanks again QuantumBraced for the hint :)

Next step... get it past the wife's eye :) I think the excuses: "But honey, look how small and clean it looks compared to my old massive Cooler Master 935" will do the trick, if not ... please call funeral home *haha*. :)

PS: if anybody is interested, may soon have a Cooler Master HAF-935F EATX and several HAF-915F Stackers for sale. ;)
Welcome to the sff family :) and the modmini family :D

Reactions: benjiro

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
News by orders.

Batch #4 is painted and sent to me. I'll get it written.
Batch #5 is cut out, bent. The factory promised to send tomorrow to me. How to get a photo.

I apologize for the delay. If you can not wait, do not hesitate to contact me.
I'm always in touch. Thank you.
post pics when you receive both batches im excited to see all of them :) (maybe mine more so than others) haha

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
oo so they barely fit I take it
Yeah, I have to flex the front plate's tab to get one in and it touches when installed.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Anybody tried a Scythe Kozuti cooler in this case? Its 40mm according to the specs.
It should fit MAYBE I was wondering the same thing honestly and turbulence shouldn't be a problem since the fan won't be touching the side panel

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I was thinking that this fan is probably better for a blow setup ( pushing air out of the case ). The disadvantage is the fan size being smaller then the Noctua L9. Fan size (in general) is always king when it comes down to cooling vs noise level.

A Noctua L9 in blow configuration is too far from the bottom, so it draws in air from the side and will function less optimally. On the other hand, pushing fresh air in directly is also a advantage. Puzzled :)

I like it when fans push in fresh air but i dislike that the heated air in then swirling around all the other components. Where as a slow blow setup, draws slightly warm air from the components but pushes the most hot air ( from the CPU ) directly out.

Another thing to be careful with is with the Noctua L9 in blow configuration, is that the motor gets much more heated.

Trying to figure out the most optimal cooler for this case :)
I think that will depend on what vent holes you went with. You won't be blowing hot air on your GPU since it's in a separate compartment from your CPU to begin with. The only thing getting warm would be the vrms which with a good mobo with good heatsinks shouldn't be a problem

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Ordered mine MINI itx 4.16L with the NFC SKYSLOTS. The others looked restrictive and the honeycomb was so big, that it made me wonder about case integrity when repeatedly picked up ( i want to travel with it ) and dangerous for small fingers ;).

Now i wonder... The default cases are 100mm width but the 4.16L version is 105mm. Does that 5mm go pure on the GPU side or is it divided between both compartments? Because if it is, maybe a LP53 with a low profile fan may fit in it: 42mm ...
I think its just added space to gpu side
and as far as integrity goes I ordered the honeycomb sorta, option 1 ill let you know about it when I recieve mine but from what others have said it is just fine

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Ordered mine MINI itx 4.16L with the NFC SKYSLOTS. The others looked restrictive and the honeycomb was so big, that it made me wonder about case integrity when repeatedly picked up ( i want to travel with it ) and dangerous for small fingers ;).

Now i wonder... The default cases are 100mm width but the 4.16L version is 105mm. Does that 5mm go pure on the GPU side or is it divided between both compartments? Because if it is, maybe a LP53 with a low profile fan may fit in it: 42mm ...
Yes bisection