Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
It'll be more than plenty and you'll have the extra power if you ever need it :)

I understand having extra available leg room. I'm 6'2", so every bit helps. ;) If it wasn't for the extra 100$ CAD for that brick with shipping, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Dam you shpping fees and CAD to US exchange rate. :(

I'll take the weekend to reflect on this and order the case. I'd like to be in the next available batch.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
PSU arrived! Build quality seems excellent. Cannot wait to get everything installed.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I'm also curious what the thread size is for the screws that hold on the side/ front panel on my rev 2.

I feel like replacing them with thumbscrews might make neat case feet.

Reactions: TheHig and W1NN1NG

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I'm also curious what the thread size is for the screws that hold on the side/ front panel on my rev 2.

I feel like replacing them with thumbscrews might make neat case feet.
I think thumb screws would be too Tiny for case feet

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I think thumb screws would be too Tiny for case feet
Meaning they would be too short to do anything or not sturdy enough or what?
I just want to elevate it a bit to prevent scratching on whatever surface I put it on/ scratching the underside of the case when I set it down.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Meaning they would be too short to do anything or not sturdy enough or what?
I just want to elevate it a bit to prevent scratching on whatever surface I put it on/ scratching the underside of the case when I set it down.
just too skinny i feel itd look silly, theyve got those adhesive feet or even a nice pair of ncase feets would look nice too youd have to hold em in with bolts instead of threading the case for em but theyd look nice if youd be willing to drill lol

also @sergiiua
Thank you!

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Thank you @sergiiua!
@W1NN1NG I think it would probably be fine, and would make taking off the side panel easier.
I got S4 Mini style slots on the bottom of my case so I can just bolt feet onto those if I want, I think.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Thank you @sergiiua!
@W1NN1NG I think it would probably be fine, and would make taking off the side panel easier.
I got S4 Mini style slots on the bottom of my case so I can just bolt feet onto those if I want, I think.
Would probably need a small washer and that's about it. I'm probably gonna put some on mine eventually I think I'm not entirely sure yet. @sergiiua should be receiving batch 5 blanks today or should have rather. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how my logo turned out lol sadly I decided to go ahead and have mine powder coated mainly due to some unforeseen costs out of my budget that's keeping me from having it cerakoted.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
I picked up some silver m2.5 socket cap hex screws to replace the default. They'll stick out, but I think they'll look rad.

soulazy

Case Bender
Aug 1, 2017
I'm planning get CASE MINI itx 3.42L with ssd, to use motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I, CPU: 7700K, COOLER: L9I, video card: GIGABYTE 1070 MINI, do you think L9I is enough to for 7700K? and is that possible to get one more adapter? how much extra?

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@soulazy, unless you're thinking of undercloacking that 7700K, i would said that your setup might generate to much heat for that case and especially for the L9I. It's meant for 65W TDP CPUs and the 7700K is a 91W TDP CPU. Here's Noctua's recommendation. As they stipulate, you should only use the L9I on a very well ventilated case when paired with a 7700K. That's not the case (no pun intended) for the Mini itx 3.42L even with the big vent holes and it's not the point either of this case.

Maybe someone has a better take on this, but this is what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
@soulazy, unless you're thinking of undercloacking that 7700K, i would said that your setup might generate to much heat for that case and especially for the L9I. It's meant for 65W TDP CPUs and the 7700K is a 91W TDP. Here's Noctua's recommendation. As they stipulate, you should only use the L9I on a very well ventilated case when paired with a 7700K. That's not the case (no pun intended) for the Mini itx 3.42L even with the big vent holes and it's not the point either of this case.

Maybe someone has a better take on this, but this is what I'm seeing.
I'd say you're very correct. The 7700 would be fine. But k varient I wouldn't go with. And if you go with the 7700 I'd save some money and go with the h270i Strix Mobo. Which is what I went with fantastic board still have the dual m.2 as well.