Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Noticed that Batch 6 ( mine ) is showing 4/5 ordered. Maybe sergiiua is waiting for the ordered to be filled and process multiple? Batch 4 is also still listed white, so i assume not shipped?
- Tomorrow is the last day of the order of the current batch.
- The plant today reported a breakdown of one of the bending machines. They work around the clock to make it. Promised to do everything tomorrow and send it to me. I apologize for waiting.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
- Tomorrow is the last day of the order of the current batch.
- The plant today reported a breakdown of one of the bending machines. They work around the clock to make it. Promised to do everything tomorrow and send it to me. I apologize for waiting.
How long does it take from them sending them to you does it take for you to receive them usually?

Khord

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2017
I am preparing two new versions of the case. One will be longer by 10mm with the fastening of the SSD from the front (also it will be much more convenient to install long video cards up to 180mm) The second version is 40mm longer (for Zotac 1080 mini)
I think you might want to update the original post to reflect this 180mm GPU length for the 3.42L SSD version? It still says 175mm there. Also maybe remove the 'only' next to the M.2 for the 3.42L and 4.16L

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
I'm glad I found this threat today, because I was sad that nothing happening on the Hutzy xs front. So I took the time to read through the entire threat and I have a question that is unclear from my reading. I noticed that there's now a option for a version that is 10 mm longer and can accommodate a hdd because of that extra space from what I understood. That's fantastic, but I have 2 concerns.

The first being the fact that I have a EVGA 1060 SC just like Curiosity and I'm not 100% it will fit. I mean, it probably will with the extra 10 mm and without the hdd, but will it still fit if I add the hdd?

My second concern is about the heat from the video card blowing on the hdd. My understanding is that the hdd emplacement is at the back of the front panel. So should I be able to install my video card with my hdd, wouldn't the heat from the video card overheat the hdd?

Thank you

Reactions: Acalanata

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
I'm glad I found this threat today, because I was sad that nothing happening on the Hutzy xs front. So I took the time to read through the entire threat and I have a question that is unclear from my reading. I noticed that there's now a option for a version that is 10 mm longer and can accommodate a hdd because of that extra space from what I understood. That's fantastic, but I have 2 concerns.

The first being the fact that I have a EVGA 1060 SC just like Curiosity and I'm not 100% it will fit. I mean, it probably will with the extra 10 mm and without the hdd, but will it still fit if I add the hdd?

My second concern is about the heat from the video card blowing on the hdd. My understanding is that the hdd emplacement is at the back of the front panel. So should I be able to install my video card with my hdd, wouldn't the heat from the video card overheat the hdd?

Thank you

Hey @Ketchup, could you please measure the length and width of your video card?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
The G-Unique Limited Edition has gone. Just waiting untill 30th August to have in my hand the Custom_mod mini itx rev.3!

Glad you're happy with it :) been running mine for about a month now waiting for my modmini ive just got the standard AD 400w but it still works like a charm

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I didn't consider that. If you cut off the lower tier of the shroud I'm almost certain both would fit. But I can't genuinely be sure without having an unmodded SC and the +10mm version on hand.