Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I thought I had posted this here but I hadn't, here's the fit at the front of the case without the shroud in mine.
Since the shroud is too long.
Mine should fit perfectly then seems to be enough space there my PCB measured like 172-173 or so 175 with the Pci bracket installed

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Continuing on what @Curiosity has been having issues with especially in the instance of installing the gpu itself which I know plenty of others are also going to run into wouldnt it be easier to install the gpu if the midwall was installed with short screws and nuts or threaded holes to begin with instead of rivets?because then we could just install mobo and gpu to midwall and then slide the midwall into the chassis and screw it in I feel like the threads make slightly more sense but if the rivet holes are the same size as the holes for the screws the hold the lid and front panel on they could just be tapped the same way yes?

Also I just got to look at this

Batch #5 (6 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JULY-20. Blanks ordered at the factory.
Batch #4 (4 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JULY-8. Blanks are obtained. Assembly 2 days. Sending in painting.

Isn't that chassis bent backwards? maybe I'm losing my head but Im pretty sure that is bent the complete opposite direction it should be

Last edited:
Reactions: Khord and Curiosity

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
It sounds like the factory you are using fucks up a lot. This isn't the first time and from what @Curiosity has said, their quality check is not that good. At least they have a quick turn around and cheap prices.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
It sounds like the factory you are using fucks up a lot. This isn't the first time and from what @Curiosity has said, their quality check is not that good. At least they have a quick turn around and cheap prices.
Eh I mean im sure it's an easy mistake for the frame. It can be bent in pretty much either direction and still technically fit together correctly but at least they correct their mistakes quickly. It could have been worse for sure. I haven't really seen anything that looks bad on any of these chassis in terms of quality but again I haven't received mine yet I'm just basing it off of images I've seen the paint from what I've seen on other threads seems meh which is why I'm sourcing my own coating as well as same from others that have purchased. That's not a big deal to me because it allows me more customization on my end. Which is what I want out of building a PC. I think the bends are on point from what I've seen even if they bent these the wrong way they are extremely tight bends and look incredible to me.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looks really good!

Skeo

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2017
I was secretly hoping it would be able to fit a regular SSD! I'm so excited!

I'm toying with the idea of fitting the 1080 Ti mini in there but the G-Unique PSU only has single 8pin PCIe cable (I didn't think there would be a Ti mini at the time). Gury said I could possibly use a Y-splitter and that it would be better to split from the CPU EPS 8pin, but I'm not sure how that would work since CPU 8pin is not the same as a GPU 8pin. I'm not even sure if it would be safe, but Gury didn't express any concerns. Anyone have any thoughts or input?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I was secretly hoping it would be able to fit a regular SSD! I'm so excited!

I'm toying with the idea of fitting the 1080 Ti mini in there but the G-Unique PSU only has single 8pin PCIe cable (I didn't think there would be a Ti mini at the time). Gury said I could possibly use a Y-splitter and that it would be better to split from the CPU EPS 8pin, but I'm not sure how that would work since CPU 8pin is not the same as a GPU 8pin. I'm not even sure if it would be safe, but Gury didn't express any concerns. Anyone have any thoughts or input?
I'd say for portability gaming the 1080ti is probably overkill to be honest. Or sell your current gunique and order a new one :) there's plenty of people that would be interested I'm sure

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Yeah, the new G-Unique units support 8+8 PIN, in fact you can do X99 + 1080s in SLI haha, I think Gury posted a picture of that with his "ultimate" brick.

I think the strength of this case is it's supersmall size, it's the smallest possible case that fits an ITX board + serious graphics card. It's actually barely larger than ASRock's planned Micro STX case. So I think extending it to fit a 211mm GPU defeats the purpose a little, but hey - more options is always good. There will be an awkward gap on the motherboard side though, not really large enough to be used for anything.

@sergiiua Question - why did you increase the width to 105mm? At 100, it keeps the case at a nice 3.96L (or roughly 4L).

Last edited:
Reactions: Curiosity

Khord

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2017
Building MINI itx 4.15L. Now it can be installed Zotac GTX1080 and SSD 2.5 "7mm in front. Size 105x180x220mm

That's not my order, right? Just want to make sure because i have the same options (no logo + circle vent holes) but should be the 190x180x100mm size

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
That's not my order, right? Just want to make sure because i have the same options (no logo + circle vent holes) but should be the 190x180x100mm size
I believe that is just a prototype for the new extended model :)