Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Am I blind or is there no PCIe 8-pin connector on your G-Unique? Is the red connector CPU or GPU? And in either case, where's the other one?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Am I blind or is there no PCIe 8-pin connector on your G-Unique? Is the red connector CPU or GPU? And in either case, where's the other one?
Lol they're both there CPU is in top left of picture next to the sata and the PCi is the red one
It's already in my build rn just waiting for batch 5 cases

Reactions: Acalanata

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Oh right, it looked like a SATA connector from that angle. Cool, I can't wait to see pictures of the build!
I'm really excited I may make a vlog for the build if I can figure out a way to get my phone to sit while doing so. I don't have a secondary PC so

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Question - will 140mm fan filters cover all vents on the side panels? Like these from SilverStone:

Will the borders of the filter interfere with the graphics card/fan or any other components? I'm thinking you can keep them on the inside and just vacuum the filters out without a need to disassemble. They can be attached with magnetic strips.

I'm really excited I may make a vlog for the build if I can figure out a way to get my phone to sit while doing so. I don't have a secondary PC so

Just get a cheap smartphone stand. Just don't record in portrait mode haha.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
The side panels don't screw in from the bottom anymore? I think that's a good change. You can now use thumbscrews for quicker disassembly.

I still think separate side panels with magnets would be better. It would make it much easier to clean the case.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
So my EVGA 1060SC doesn't fit..
Getting the PCB in alone is hard enough, with the pcie bracket it's impossible. Shroud won't fit, and the rivet holding the Mobo to the front plate bends a fin on the heatsink.

Looks like I need a different GPU.
Edit: I measure my PCB at 173mm.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Getting the PCB in alone is hard enough, with the pcie bracket it's impossible. Shroud won't fit, and the rivet holding the Mobo to the front plate bends a fin on the heatsink.

I'm hoping I don't have a similar problem with the aero itx 1060my shroud doesn't extend off the PCB though so I might be alright. Weird yours doesn't fit.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

How much room is to spare for the pcb length?

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
How much room is to spare for the pcb length?
There was probably 2_3mm between the PCB and the front end of the case, but like I said, it was damn near impossible to get in as is, I'm not sure something longer would fit, at least in my case.
Maybe there design changes between V1 and V2 made the max length shorter? I'm not sure.
Worth noting that's with the shroud off, the heatsink on the 1060sc is good with the edge of the PCB.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
There was probably 2_3mm between the PCB and the front end of the case, but like I said, it was damn near impossible to get in as is, I'm not sure something longer would fit, at least in my case.
Maybe there design changes between V1 and V2 made the max length shorter? I'm not sure.
I hope not because mine is apparently 2mm longer than yours. Granted the fin design is different in my situation and I think the aero is slightly slimmer. But I'm not sure. Hopefully it works out with shroud attached. Doesn't make any sense as to why yours doesn't fit though. Maybe your PC extender isn't scooted far enough to the back of the case which is why it may not work with your PC bracket?

@sergiiua may have to address this. I haven't seen anyone with above a 1050 or something similar in size in this chassis yet so if it doesn't work case may have to be extended a tad. I could always mod part of that bracket to help with fitment if it becomes the case grind that metal down just enough for it to fit or something. Idk. I'm bound and determined for my card to fit.

Worth noting that's with the shroud off, the heatsink on the 1060sc is good with the edge of the PCB.
Can you post a picture from above and front?

Yeah the aero has an indention on the heatsink around where the rivet would be so I should be fine in that regard. Plus my shroud doesn't extend off the edge of the PCB at all. I measured it just a few minutes ago and it measures a hair shorter than what MSI claims luckily. So mine should be a perfect fit. I'm hoping. It barely extends past the motherboard so it should be perfect I'm thinking.

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
It says GPU length supported is 175mm, so then that's clearly wrong...? Seems like quite an oversight. @Curiosity that must have been quite frustrating. Perhaps you could get a 120mm or a 92mm slim fan from Noctua and try to attach it to the heatsink?

Also, you clearly got the card in, but you could have also unscrewed the PCIe bracket and screwed it back on with the card in place, that could have made it much easier.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

The recommended thickness is 38.5mm. Please measure your video card. There is no thickness on the official website.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
The recommended thickness is 38.5mm. Please measure your video card. There is no thickness on the official website.
I don't have calipers on hand at the moment, but the card is no wider than the PCIE bracket.
I'm going to my brother's house soon and I think he might have some, I'll measure it there if he does.
Tomahardware claims it's 1⅜" thick, about 35mm

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I measured the thickness with a ruler at 35mm. Sliding it in just to test for fit thickness-wise it does fit, though I still am failing to install it.
I took a video when i built into the case and will post it as soon as I can get it rendered. That way a video exists and maybe sergii will point out something obvious I'm forgetting to do XD