Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Khord

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2017
I am preparing two new versions of the case. One will be longer by 10mm with the fastening of the SSD from the front (also it will be much more convenient to install long video cards up to 180mm) The second version is 40mm longer (for Zotac 1080 mini)
If I want to order in batch 6, will it be possible to get the 10mm longer version?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
@Curiosity
Tom's hardware measured the evga sc 1060 at these dimensions 18.4 x 10.5 x 3.5cm with shroud. So evga definitely needs to fix their measurements for sure. I'd pick up the MSI aero 1060 as it is exactly 175mm from the Pci bracket and try that out. Unless you want to wait till I get my case lol

Reactions: Acalanata

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
@Curiosity
Tom's hardware measured the evga sc 1060 at these dimensions 18.4 x 10.5 x 3.5cm with shroud. So evga definitely needs to fix their measurements for sure. I'd pick up the MSI aero 1060 as it is exactly 175mm from the Pci bracket and try that out. Unless you want to wait till I get my case lol
I've been saying this since the 900 series ITX cards as they use the same shroud yet are also listed as 173mm I think.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
If you recently ordered the card from EVGA or Amazon, I would return it and demand a full refund including shipping because of incorrectly reported dimensions.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@Curiosity
Unfortunately I can't afford to do that right now, so my current plan is to mod the snot out of the GPU and maybe a mod or two on the case.
If you recently ordered the card from EVGA or Amazon, I would return it and demand a full refund including shipping because of incorrectly reported dimensions.
I bought the card for my move to the S4 mini back in February, when this case was still being called 'korkin'. So at the time the incorrect measurement didn't matter. I will be emailing EVGA to point out the issue to them though.

wabbitro

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2017
Unfortunately I can't afford to do that right now, so my current plan is to mod the snot out of the GPU and maybe a mod or two on the case.

I bought the card for my move to the S4 mini back in February, when this case was still being called 'korkin'. So at the time the incorrect measurement didn't matter. I will be emailing EVGA to point out the issue to them though.

has the dimensions changed since batch #1? my evga 1060 sc fits

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

has the dimensions changed since batch #1? my evga 1060 sc fits

See that's odd to me. It must have changed or something. Can you post pictures of yours @wabbitro

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Visually comparing @TheHig 'a batch one and my batch two, the front panel is permanently attached in batch one, probably eliminating the rivet, and on my batch two there is a lip on the back wall of the case (over the mb I/o and pcie slots).
I think those are my two biggest stoppers.

I feel the need to point out: I love this case, even with the issues I'm having.

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
Visually comparing @TheHig 'a batch one and my batch two, the front panel is permanently attached in batch one, probably eliminating the rivet, and on my batch two there is a lip on the back wall of the case (over the mb I/o and pcie slots).
I think those are my two biggest stoppers.

I feel the need to point out: I love this case, even with the issues I'm having.

Me too but I need to put a videocard in this tiny case to play, so I'm really worried if the GTX 1060 and 1070 (175mm) really are compatible with this revision case.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Me too but I need to put a videocard in this tiny case to play, so I'm really worried if the GTX 1060 and 1070 (175mm) really are compatible with this revision case.
I'd say you have nothing to worry about if you either a buy the version that's going to be 10mm longer OR choose a different 1060 or 1070. Based on my measurements the msi aero 1060 will fit.
@Curiosity s fits with the shroud off basically albeit a pain to get in the chassis. To free up space against rivet he also spoke on behalf of you've got 2 options. Drill the rivet out and epoxy those 2 pieces instead OR clamp and line up the holes together and tap rhem and then screw them together instead. Which is probably what I'll be doing to all of them anyways.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
See this blows my mind how it even fit to begin with. I'm trying to figure out how I'm even going to seat mine in the chassis. Seems like it's going to be a real challenge. Since mines right at the limit

wabbitro

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2017
maybe V1 was longer. i roughly measured it at 184-185mm from front to back. and i have around 10mm space from the front of the gpu to the front of the case. enough to stick my wires in there.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I thought I had posted this here but I hadn't, here's the fit at the front of the case without the shroud in mine.
Since the shroud is too long.