Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
I also think you should just make the front panel a slightly bit more hollow to support one or even two 7mm thick 2.5 inch SSDs, would this be possible to do for revision 4?

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
I have not seen anyone questioning this, but come on: is Intel's cooler box compatible with this case?
Or even the Ryzen 1400 cooler box (Wraith stealth)? Whats are the size of these coolers?

Reactions: Ziths

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
The cooler from Intel is huge. Suitable low-profile solutions up to 38mm

The Intel stock cooler is considered low profile. It's a shame that this case kind of requires you to use a NH-L9i (if you want the best cooling). If you could just widen the case by a couple millimeters, it will support a ton more options, including the stock Intel cooler.
I also think it looks awkward, maybe you could move it to the front of the top panel on the CPU side?

I also think you should just make the front panel a slightly bit more hollow to support one or even two 7mm thick 2.5 inch SSDs, would this be possible to do for revision 4?

Your thoughts on this @sergiiua ?

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
If you want a bigger case, there are loads of options out there. If you want a small case, you have to compromise.
I don't want 'a bigger case'. I'm talking about a few millimeters in the front for dual 2.5 inch drive support and a couple millimeters on the CPU side to support a Cyrorig C7 for example. There are no cases like this one that support this.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I don't want 'a bigger case'. I'm talking about a few millimeters in the front for dual 2.5 inch drive support and a couple millimeters on the CPU side to support a Cyrorig C7 for example. There are no cases like this one that support this.
It will not be a few mm. 115х190х180mm.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
The Intel stock cooler is considered low profile. It's a shame that this case kind of requires you to use a NH-L9i (if you want the best cooling). If you could just widen the case by a couple millimeters, it will support a ton more options, including the stock Intel cooler.

Your thoughts on this @sergiiua ?
+$15 I will make no more a problem.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Did you run the extension cable between the motherboard tray and case floor?
If you didn't you might be able to get less of a loop up top.
I can't wait to build into mine!
Is yours a batch 1?

Harouken

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2017
Haha I didn't even think of that but I'll leave it as is for now :3
Yea it is from batch 1. I wish it had a removable front panel as that would have made everything infinitely easier XD

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
Finally built it :3
Another cat for scale

I misread "another cat for sale", lol. I wanted this case too by seeing just how small it is. But what bug me is it wouldn't fit an internal ac/dc. Btw, I went to Lone L4, bought all the required component... now just waiting for the case.

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
Could you fit a AC-DC above a 1050ti low profile GPU?

I have the case sat on my desk but have major money issues :( car went poof!

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
CustomMOD makes a 4L version of this case that houses a Flex ATX PSU on the bottom. It's basically the Hutzy XS. It's the smallest possible ITX + GPU case with an internal PSU. Otherwise, there is no way to fit an internal power supply or an AC-DC + DC-DC into this case.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
You could probably fit a Meanwell EPP-200-12 above a lp gpu such as the 1050ti and use that to power a G-Unique.

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
101.6*50.8*29mm (L*W*H)

It would fit for sure. I wonder if you could fab a PCI-E slot bracket so the card would sit at the top of the slot and not the bottom. You will be using a flexible riser anyway.