Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Aww man! That's a bummer when you get the "we missed you " note. Hope to see some pics when you have it.

Same happened to me. Luckily I was able to drive to the post office and get it instead of rolling the dice the next day.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I considered going to the PO too get it, but the slip said available for pick up after 830am tomorrow.
So I guess I should have tried, if I don't get it before tomorrow I probably won't be able to see it til Saturday at the earliest.

Do you have pictures of yours?
Edit: just realized who I was replying to, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig and W1NN1NG

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I checked the mail today after work and found a sorry we missed you notice, argh!

Re: rough powdercoat
These might be personal samples of the case sergii did for himself, normal powder coating is smooth and glossy like the batch 1 cases.
I considered going to the PO too get it, but the slip said available for pick up after 830am tomorrow.
So I guess I should have tried, if I don't get it before tomorrow I probably won't be able to see it til Saturday at the earliest.

Do you have pictures of yours?
How long did shipping end up taking? Seemed quick

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
How long did shipping end up taking? Seemed quick
About 10 says I guess.
I got my tracking number on the 14th, and if I was home it would have been delivered yesterday.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
That's all I had in my car that was a very standard size. XD

I'll get pictures of it next to my S4 when I can.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Nice! Which set up did you go with for your G Unique?
400w Arch deamon :) basically the modmini set with a sata power for one of those sata to m.2 adapters, which I have a way to make it fit since it barely wont im just gonna tilt it on a foam block or make a custom bracket for it

Reactions: TheHig

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
400w Arch deamon :) basically the modmini set with a sata power for one of those sata to m.2 adapters, which I have a way to make it fit since it barely wont im just gonna tilt it on a foam block or make a custom bracket for it
I think a custom bracket to hold them vertical will be the best option. :)

And an album comparing it to the S4 Mini and the Dell power brick.:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I think a custom bracket to hold them vertical will be the best option. :)

And an album comparing it to the S4 Mini and the Dell power brick.:
thats almost exactly what i was talking about :) granted ill only have one not 2 lol

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
thats almost exactly what i was talking about :) granted ill only have one not 2 lol
You might also be able to fit one at the bottom by the motherboard, like where the daughterboard is on the P8Z77I deluxe/ impact boards, or in front stuck to the front panel.
I can't check for clearance right now though because while I could move cases into the Mini RIGHT NOW, I don't have my camera and can't take my usual build video. So I Have to wait.

Also EVGA Has my 1060 since I RMA'd it for a small noise the fan was making.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
You might also be able to fit one at the bottom by the motherboard, like where the daughterboard is on the P8Z77I deluxe/ impact boards, or in front stuck to the front panel.
I can't check for clearance right now though because while I could move cases into the Mini RIGHT NOW, I don't have my camera and can't take my usual build video. So I Have to wait.

Also EVGA Has my 1060 since I RMA'd it for a small noise the fan was making.
I wont be able to do it on the front panel regardless because my logo will be significantly larger than most so

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Is that an actual assault rifle magazine? Those bullets are huge. You're not about SFF in all things, I see. :D
Assault rifle implies the ability to shoot in full auto, my ARs are semi only. ;)
But yeah, not sff everywhere, I like my ladies lff. :p

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Nice! That USB port is kind of awkward though. Would it be possible to put a USB port(s) somewhere on the back? That may be more functional for ITX boards that don't have lots of USB ports.

I also think it looks awkward, maybe you could move it to the front of the top panel on the CPU side?