Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Any news from the contractor? I'm assuming the May 28 date you had chosen for shipping has to be pushed forward once again, right?
Yesterday I called the contractor. Next week I will receive your order and send it right away. I'm very sorry that it happened. I do everything possible to speed up the process.

Reactions: alexep7

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
We can do it for you. Fill out the form. In the comment write a wish.:cool:

Oh? I've already ordered. Don't know if it's been manufactured yet. What would it look like with this slight increase in size?

Even better... since I ordered mine without the front panel logo and lighting, would there be room to put a 2.5 inch drive behind the front panel? I could probably just mount it with double sided adhesive tape.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Oh? I've already ordered. Don't know if it's been manufactured yet. What would it look like with this slight increase in size?

Even better... since I ordered mine without the front panel logo and lighting, would there be room to put a 2.5 inch drive behind the front panel? I could probably just mount it with double sided adhesive tape.
Can fit a 5mm disk

Reactions: Curiosity

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Can fit a 5mm disk

Can you maybe up that to 7 or 8mm? Seems like a small change to the front panel for support for a 2.5 inch SSD. It will also cut down storage cost for my future build in your case by quite a bit.

Edit: Maybe even include some cheap double-sided adhesive

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
so it turns out I won't be using this case after all, but today I got this little guy in the mail:

2.50 USD on aliexpress, might be an option for those of you who need more storage but can't use a 2.5" SSD! It's very small, about the size of 2 2280 m.2 drives next to each other. I imagine you can fit it under the GPU, for example, with some double sided tape.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I've got two of those with black PCBs, I'll post here if they fit once I get my batch 2 case in. :)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I've got two of those with black PCBs, I'll post here if they fit once I get my batch 2 case in. :)
Wouldn't see why they wouldn't. It's no wider than the GPU itself. But since I'm ordering the version with the psu I'll have no sata power to go along with it. NBD I've got the b250i Strix coming I've got 2 m.2 slots I think I'll survive

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Wouldn't see why they wouldn't. It's no wider than the GPU itself. But since I'm ordering the version with the psu I'll have no sata power to go along with it. NBD I've got the b250i Strix coming I've got 2 m.2 slots I think I'll survive
don't the default g-unique units bring a sata power cable? At least my cheap picoPSU has one

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
don't the default g-unique units bring a sata power cable? At least my cheap picoPSU has one
@sergiiua opted without one for the ones he's bundled with the chassis since we don't have room for a 2.5 which isn't a big deal to me. I'll never use more than 2 m.2 slots so lol m.2s are too pricey

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
ah, makes sense.

SATA m.2s aren't pricey, I never really understood where that idea came from...they cost about the same as a regular 2.5" SSD. If anything there is a small 5~10€ price premium, which isn't too bad...

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
ah, makes sense.

SATA m.2s aren't pricey, I never really understood where that idea came from...they cost about the same as a regular 2.5" SSD. If anything there is a small 5~10€ price premium, which isn't too bad...
Well yeah sata m.2s aren't bad but you figure if I'm going to buy 2 nvmes plus another being just sata I've forked out a bunch. That's what I was trying to get at

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
so it turns out I won't be using this case after all, but today I got this little guy in the mail:

2.50 USD on aliexpress, might be an option for those of you who need more storage but can't use a 2.5" SSD! It's very small, about the size of 2 2280 m.2 drives next to each other. I imagine you can fit it under the GPU, for example, with some double sided tape.

Snazzy little adapter there. I have removed the housing for a crucial mx300 2.5 and the innards are pretty small. Half the length, obviously thinner and a smidge less wide.

Unrelated. Why are you not using the Mini? Decided not to order or have one and it's a no go for you?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015

I'm getting one of these as well. Another handy use for them is when you want to upgrade in size to a higher capacity m.2 drive and move your files to it. If your mobo lacks the support you can plug this into a SATA port and clone away to your newer drive.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Unrelated. Why are you not using the Mini? Decided not to order or have one and it's a no go for you?
there was a small problem with my particular case (@sergiiua received it defective) which meant it had to be delayed further, so I decided to go for something else instead. I'm having trouble finding anything that compares to it that I can buy now, though!

Reactions: TheHig

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Please take into account all who plan to place an order. The case will have a hole under the power connector from the G-Unique as in the photo. Thank you
So are all the cases going to use the ultra slim type 8 pin connector now?