Concept Coming Soon: LEDGE Horizon

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
D15 + 3 triple slot GPU = my dream SFF PC. Nice to see another, one of the few, case designers care about air cooling in SFF.

Do you know if the Horizon case can fit a GPU with the Arctic Accelero 3 attached?
It may be attached with fan bracket B. We'll see it after prototype ?

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
The PSU Space is large enough to put more 2.5in hard drives under it, which stills large enough to fit with D15. Besides, for air optimization, PSU should be put beneath for the direct air flow from 200mm fan to tower coolers.
A large enough shroud could be easily handle those things.
Psu position can be changed as seen on 1st post. Orientation A and B. Plus it can be changeable vertically by 5 milimetres. So you can attach psu to top of case or bottom of case easily. Yes, there is space under psu for more 2.5" drives. But we just wanted to use that space for psu position change. Horizon has been designed as an air cooling sff at 1st. So the 1st design was one ssd below psu, psu at orientation B, fan bracket A with 200 mm noctua fan, d15 as cooler. The other options are for variations. For example we don't recommend using an atx psu, it'll block airflow. But we didn't ignore who wants to use an atx psu in their build. So we add an atx psu bracket to design.

dudaslav

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 31, 2020
I'm very impressed. I was going to sell old parts of my computer (including Noctua nh-d15) to build a new sff, but I changed my mind when I saw your work. Do you have any news about the price? Will you be uploading 3d models for printing?

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
I'm very impressed. I was going to sell old parts of my computer (including Noctua nh-d15) to build a new sff, but I changed my mind when I saw your work. Do you have any news about the price? Will you be uploading 3d models for printing?
i'm contacting with manufacturers. trying to get the best price possible. i won't upload 3d models but soon it'll be available to buy

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
Is the fan bracket removable, if for instance, i wanted to mount the 200mm fan to the outside of the case and fit an Asus 1070 TI Strix inside without the tophat?

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Is the fan bracket removable, if for instance, i wanted to mount the 200mm fan to the outside of the case and fit an Asus 1070 TI Strix inside without the tophat?
Yes it's removable and changeable. You can use 2 fan brackets (will be as standart option). If you use fan bracket A you will have 170-180-200 mm fan options. If you use fan bracket B you will have 140-120-4x80 mm fan options. Some people may ask why we add 4 pieces 80mm fan slot on front. 4 pieces 80 mm fans have better airflow than 140 mm fan. And yes you are safe to use 1070 TI Strix with Horizon. I should add this to prevent misunderstanding; top hat is just to hide cable mess and add another 200-180-170-140-120 mm fan to top. It's just an optional part to make the case vertical. You can use the same tophat on front at horizontal position. That will add more space for gpu. Front hat is same with top hat with less parts. So there will be an optional top hat for vertical lovers and optional front hat for who use gpus longer than 302 mm on sale.

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
Yes it's removable and changeable. You can use 2 fan brackets (will be as standart option). If you use fan bracket A you will have 170-180-200 mm fan options. If you use fan bracket B you will have 140-120-4x80 mm fan options. Some people may ask why we add 4 pieces 80mm fan slot on front. 4 pieces 80 mm fans have better airflow than 140 mm fan. And yes you are safe to use 1070 TI Strix with Horizon. I should add this to prevent misunderstanding; top hat is just to hide cable mess and add another 200-180-170-140-120 mm fan to top. It's just an optional part to make the case vertical. You can use the same tophat on front at horizontal position. That will add more space for gpu. Front hat is same with top hat with less parts. So there will be an optional top hat for vertical lovers and optional front hat for who use gpus longer than 302 mm on sale.
Awesome! So if I understand you correctly, I can use a 200mm fan with a Strix 1070 TI without purchasing the top/front hat or mounting the fan outside of the case? If true, that makes your product WAY more desirable to me and I'll likely be a day one customer when the case is available for purchase.

When you have prototypes available, will you be doing temperature and noise tests with closed side/top panels and open side/top panels? Doing so would make it much easier for me to decide which option I'd choose.

Thanks again!

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
**Sorry, couldn't figure out how to edit previous post**

I think this line is where I'm getting confused, "Triple-Slot, Up to 270 mm with Fan Bracket A on front (Horizon and Vertical Horizon)"
the 1070 TI Strix is 298mm long and 2.5 slots

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
**Sorry, couldn't figure out how to edit previous post**

I think this line is where I'm getting confused, "Triple-Slot, Up to 270 mm with Fan Bracket A on front (Horizon and Vertical Horizon)"
the 1070 TI Strix is 298mm long and 2.5 slots
Sorry for misunderstanding. You can use <=270mm gpu with 200mm front fan. You can use <=302mm gpu with 140/120/4x80mm front fan. For temperature tests we want to get help from professionals like optimum tech but time will show what will happen. Of course we will do some tests but it's good to have professional opinions about those things. You can follow us through here:
https://www.instagram.com/ledgecase
https://www.twitter.com/ledgecase
https://www.patreon.com/ledgecase
https://www.facebook.com/ledgecase
our website(alpha stage)
https://www.ledgecase.com
So stay with us sff lovers,
L. Anıl Gülalan
Ledge Case

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
Hi Anil,

Thanks for all of your help, both here, and on FB. I really love this case design and can't wait to see it in action. I'll find a way to make my components work in it or buy different components if needed.

Reactions: anilgulalan

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
If anyone in this forum has a cnc machining tool or knows someone who gives cnc machining services, please contact me.

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
This is almost like the layout I have been looking for. I'm so glad to see a sff case with room for big air coolers, but it kills me that you are choking off the air cooler by putting the power supply RIGHT IN FRONT of it. Why don't you lay the psu flat on the bottom of the case to get it out of the way and allow airflow from the front fan to get to the CPU cooler?! You have made a great airflow layout, but you stuck the power supply right in the way, it just doesn't make sense. Lengthen the case just a little bit to allow the power supply to turn sideways and not block the airflow path to the CPU cooler.

I'm also very happy to see that there is a vertical option for the case.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Any new updates on this?
I'm looking for ways to lower the cost. The price itself won't make sff lovers happy. It's about 300€ with this design. I'll make panels attached with screws or if possible push-pull mechanism like nr200. And will sacrifice from optional parts. But i'm thinking to add optional top hat as standart. I was waiting for new rtx 30 series to show up to update our design. We'll see when the design is updated. I didn't abondoned the project. I have love for sff and i'll share it with all of you :)
Why don't you lay the psu flat on the bottom of the case to get it out of the way and allow airflow from the front fan to get to the CPU cooler?
I'll look what i can do. It bothers me too in front of cpu cooler. Maybe we can make it happen with sacrificing ssd's. I don't want to change front 200mm fan to 180/170/140mm and i want to stay under 15 liters for base unit. So i'll see what i can do.
Maybe if this first version turns out to be successful, you can make a "mini variant" and grab all the purchasers who are in the Ghost S1 / Dan / Sliger / Form T1 category :) Bigger marketshare grab.
I will add two sandwich layout cases to our product lineup. One will be 3-5 liters. The other one will be 7-10 liters. There will be another model like a console(node 202). I want to make it a little modular and it will be cyberpunk themed. There will be another layout like horizon. It will be smaller 7-9 liters with 190-200mm gpu. And i'm planning to make another console like case for mounting under the desk.

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
I'll look what i can do. It bothers me too in front of cpu cooler. Maybe we can make it happen with sacrificing ssd's. I don't want to change front 200mm fan to 180/170/140mm and i want to stay under 15 liters for base unit. So i'll see what i can do.
I agree! Please keep that beautiful 200mm fan! That’s one of the things that drew me to this case idea.

Reactions: anilgulalan