Concept Coming Soon: LEDGE Horizon

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Would it be possible to have another PSU orientation where PSU fan is facing right side (in vertical position), thus making less obstruction of airflow to the cpu cooler from the front intake fan. I really like this case. It's more like upgraded SG13 with PSU in front.
We've checked it. Unfortunately it's not possible. There is no space to fit with that orientation

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Nice case. Is the GPU side fit up to 3.2 slots? Since I really want to use noctua fans with deshroued GPUs like the Asus Dual 2080s or Gigabyte ones.
You can use slim fans with 2-slot gpu's. It's about 60mm for gpu thickness

D

Deleted member 19228

You can use slim fans with 2-slot gpu's. It's about 60mm for gpu thickness
I mean the deshrouded GPUs, like this 2080ti
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/cl92e8/ncase_m1_strix_2080ti_deshrouded/
Seems like this case has some spaces for deshrouded GPUs with 25mm fans, which is great. With up to Noctua D15 air cooler compatibility and 200m fan on the front, this will be a very good air cooling case for enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to see yours prototype.

Reactions: anilgulalan

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
I mean the deshrouded GPUs, like this 2080ti
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/cl92e8/ncase_m1_strix_2080ti_deshrouded/
Seems like this case has some spaces for deshrouded GPUs with 25mm fans, which is great. With up to Noctua D15 air cooler compatibility and 200m fan on the front, this will be a very good air cooling case for enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to see yours prototype.
This looks possible to fit inside our case. Our ventilated panels are arranged for 120mm fans. So you can add more fans to the case. We'll see after prototype of course. I'll inform all of you with net dimensions and clearences.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How about the bottom panel?
I imagine, the vertical Horizon is still in your game plan?
If an Horizon is set up vertically, do you simply unscrew the four feet and then screw them onto the front panel?
As I do not see dedicated 4 mounting screw holes, how do the four feet mount onto the front panel?

Reactions: anilgulalan

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Bottom panel is just holding mobo and ssd at horizontal position. There is no fan mounting holes etc. on it. So it will be a solid panel. At vertical position that bottom panel will be on back. Front panel will be on it's place with magnets. When you decide to go for vertical Horizon, you'll get a screw holed front panel with expansion part. So you'll just remove the front panel from horizontal position and add new screw holed front panel from expansion part. So you'll have foot mounting holes at bottom. And you'll use the old front panel on the top. I hope that i've described it clearly :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Bottom panel is just holding mobo and ssd at horizontal position. There is no fan mounting holes etc. on it. So it will be a solid panel. At vertical position that bottom panel will be on back. Front panel will be on it's place with magnets. When you decide to go for vertical Horizon, you'll get a screw holed front panel with expansion part. So you'll just remove the front panel from horizontal position and add new screw holed front panel from expansion part. So you'll have foot mounting holes at bottom. And you'll use the old front panel on the top. I hope that i've described it clearly :)
2 questions:-
a. what do you mean by your 2nd last sentence (ie ''And you'll use the old front panel on the top.'')
why would the old (ie horizontal position) front panel be used as the new (ie vertical position) top? I thought, the old back panel now becomes the new top, where mobo IOs is.

b. Does this ''expansion part'' standard with Horizon?

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
2 questions:-
a. what do you mean by your 2nd last sentence (ie ''And you'll use the old front panel on the top.'')
why would the old (ie horizontal position) front panel be used as the new (ie vertical position) top? I thought, the old back panel now becomes the new top, where mobo IOs is.

b. Does this ''expansion part'' standard with Horizon?
a. Back IO port will be on top for Vertical Horizon. And you will cover it with expansion part. Just look at 1st post. There are three photos that shows horizon+expansion=vertical horizon
b. Expansion part will be optional.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Any possibility that this can be shrinked to 10L? You would have a lot more people interested if that was the case.
Yes it can be arranged. But that will lower cooling performance. Our main goal is to make an sff case as cool as an atx case.

Reactions: jaeparku

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
For the front, since we can support a 200mm fan, what about a 180mm (Silverstone AP181), or 2 x120??

I'd like to fit a 297mm GPU in there with a big fan.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
For the front, since we can support a 200mm fan, what about a 180mm (Silverstone AP181), or 2 x120??

It's only possible with 140mm for now. But we'll check for 180mm fans. Maybe we can work something out.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019

We've checked spaces and dimensions. Sorry it's not possible to fit 180mm fan with 297mm GPU. But you can use 140mm fan as mentioned before :)

Reactions: THUMPer

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
So no possibility to mount a 180mm fan full stop? Air Penetrators are built for a case like this.
Sorry for misunderstanding. You can install 180 mm fan with 270 mm GPU. There will be two front fan brackets for this case as standart (not optional):
Fan Bracket A: Supports 200/180 mm fan 30 mm thick max. and supports 270 mm GPU
Fan Bracket B: Supports 140/120/4x80 mm fan 30 mm thick max. and supports 302 mm GPU

The question was for mounting 180 mm fan with 297 mm GPU. That's not possible. But you can use 180 mm fan with 270 mm GPU max.

Reactions: tinyitx

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
D15 + 3 triple slot GPU = my dream SFF PC. Nice to see another, one of the few, case designers care about air cooling in SFF.

Do you know if the Horizon case can fit a GPU with the Arctic Accelero 3 attached?

Reactions: tinyitx
D

Deleted member 19228

The PSU Space is large enough to put more 2.5in hard drives under it, which stills large enough to fit with D15. Besides, for air optimization, PSU should be put beneath for the direct air flow from 200mm fan to tower coolers.
A large enough shroud could be easily handle those things.