Concept Coming Soon: LEDGE Horizon

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019

Hello, we are working on something that can please sff users by size, cooling and looks. We are proudly present you the HORIZON by LEDGE.

SPECIFICATIONS:

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)Horizon 204 x 231 x 310 mm
Bigger Horizon (Expansion part on front) 204 x 231 x 390 mm
Vertical Horizon (Expansion part on top) 390 x 231 x 204 mm
VOLUME (w/o feet, screws)Horizon 14.61 L
Bigger Horizon (Expansion part on front) 18.38 L
Vertical Horizon (Expansion part on top) 18.38 L
COLORSDusk (Black), Dawn (White)
Sunset Red and Clearsky Blue on some parts (Optional)
MATERIALWet Blasted, Matte Powder Coated Aluminum 2 mm (4mm on back panel)
PANEL TYPESPunch hole ventilated, Mesh, Tempered Glass 2 mm, Solid on right side
Punch hole ventilated, Mesh, Tempered Glass 2 mm, Solid on top
Punch hole ventilated, Mesh, Tempered Glass 2 mm on left side
Punch hole ventilated, Mesh on front
ACCESSORIES (H x W x D)80 x 231 x 204 mm Expansion part (Optional)
GPU CLEARENCETriple-Slot, Up to 270 mm with Fan Bracket A on front (Horizon and Vertical Horizon)
Triple-Slot, Up to 302 mm with Fan Bracket B on front (Horizon and Vertical Horizon)
Triple-Slot, Up to 348 mm on Bigger Horizon with 30 mm thick 200 mm fan
Triple-Slot, Up to 353 mm on Bigger Horizon with 25 mm thick 200 mm fan
Triple-Slot, Up to 378 mm on Bigger Horizon without fan
CPU COOLER CLEARENCEUp to 187 mm
MOTHERBOARDMini-ITX, Mini-DTX
POWER SUPPLYSFX, SFX-L, ATX (Up to 160mm) with PSU Orientation A
SFX, SFX-L, ATX with PSU Orientation B
WATER COOLING240 mm Slim or 120/140 mm Thick Radiator with (PSU Orientation B should be used for water cooling)
STORAGEUp to 7 x 2.5" hdd/ssd or 1 x 2.5" ssd + 1 x 3.5" hdd (3.5" hdd cannot be used with 240 mm radiator)
FRONT FAN
200 mm fan with Fan Bracket A
140 / 120 / 4 x 80 mm with Fan Bracket B
BACK FAN
140 / 120 / 92 mm (140 mm back fan cannot be used with water cooling)
OPTIONAL
Up to 2 x 120 mm fan can be used on punch hole ventilated top and side panels (Rubber or magnetic screws are highly recommended)

LAYOUT

HORIZON

BIGGER HORIZON

+ =

VERTICAL HORIZON

+ =

FAN BRACKETS

FAN BRACKET-A
FAN BRACKET A

FAN BRACKET-B
FAN BRACKET B

PSU ORIENTATIONS

PSU ORIENTATION-A
PSU ORIENTATION A

PSU ORIENTATION-B
PSU ORIENTATION B

We will produce a prototype soon. So stay tuned.

Ledge Team​

*Most of inside components are taken from grabcad.com. Thanks to creators of the models.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Actually, we were working on this case about 3.5 months. When we saw jonsbo v8, we were shocked. It uses same layout with our case and same fan configurations. But yes it looks a better ventilated jonsbo v8 and smaller. Jonsbo v8 is 25.3L, but horizon is 14.61L

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
30mm on basic configuration (without expansion part). I'm not sure but 240mm slim radiator may fit on gpu side with ventilated panel (you have to use custom water cooling for this option i guess)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
?I like the Horizon standing in a vertical position.
The expansion is mainly for watercooling. Correct?
I am an air-cooling guy. So, 187mm CPU cooler clearance is a big plus to me.

Reactions: anilgulalan

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
?I like the Horizon standing in a vertical position.
The expansion is mainly for watercooling. Correct?
I am an air-cooling guy. So, 187mm CPU cooler clearance is a big plus to me.
Basic will be horizon (horizontal smaller case) Expansion is a tophat and will be optional. It's for vertical standing (vertical horizon) or make more room inside case (bigger horizon). We designed the case mainly for aircooling at first. In the end we add few things for water cooling lovers. I hope you like it.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Question: when the Horizon is in a vertical position, is the motherboard IO at the bottom or at the top?
Frankly, I am hoping both work!
If possible, please consider such a flexibility.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
really interesting case! unfortunately it's too big for my need. keep up the good work ?
Yes it can be big for some. We would think this is big for an sff too, but when we see some limitations for sff cases when we had a console styled case, we thought to create something optimized for airflow. Thanks for your interaction ?

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Question: when the Horizon is in a vertical position, is the motherboard IO at the bottom or at the top?
Frankly, I am hoping both work!
If possible, please consider such a flexibility.
We thought to use conventional air movement and didn't want to compress hot air from the gpu at the bottom of the case and push the hot air from gpu inside the case. So motherboard IO is on top. It can be used on bottom too if you want to. But the best option is pull fresh air into the case with 200mm fan from bottom and push hot air with 140/120 fan and gpu fan outside the case. The expansion part can support second 200/140/120 fan. So you can get that hot air away from the case quickly.

mcpradeep

Chassis Packer
Dec 13, 2019
Would it be possible to have another PSU orientation where PSU fan is facing right side (in vertical position), thus making less obstruction of airflow to the cpu cooler from the front intake fan. I really like this case. It's more like upgraded SG13 with PSU in front.

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Would it be possible to have another PSU orientation where PSU fan is facing right side (in vertical position), thus making less obstruction of airflow to the cpu cooler from the front intake fan. I really like this case. It's more like upgraded SG13 with PSU in front.
Great idea. We'll check on it.

Reactions: mcpradeep
D

Deleted member 19228

Nice case. Is the GPU side fit up to 3.2 slots? Since I really want to use noctua fans with deshroued GPUs like the Asus Dual 2080s or Gigabyte ones.