Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
I have a Cerberus-X which was purchased to prepare for my Threadripper workstation reimagined build, however that's turned into a completely different project... Now I kind of want a Cerberus for my home server, since my first choice for home server is completely impossible to buy in the US these days (Legacy U3S). Decisions...

I love the Cerberus-X that I do have, in red... almost like a museum piece for the closet. My wife doesn't like it being here though...

Ion23

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2018
Does anyone have a manual for the case? I am not sure where some of the parts go. Like the single L bracket and the orientation of then atx Psu mount and the handle bracket.

I received my case with the window panel popped out and edges cracked. I’m quite sure this wasn’t meant to be. Quite disappointed for this part.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I think it's partially because they got it from OEMs that's mass produced for generic lengths, and it's meant to reach for ATX boards that has the headers on the far bottom edge (or large ATX cases with the front panel miles away), so yeah ._. making custom lengths would cost more for both parties on their side

how I did with mine:

EDIT: for the record: the only visible cables on the access side / window side are the PCIe power cable (because they're too short to cubble anywhere) and a second SATA power cable going to the silverstone USB + 12VBarrel power filter (also too short)

maybe the commander pro if you count the entire thing as a cable (btw I finally got to sticking a temperature probe into the PSU, LOL)

EDITx2: also for the record: I shifted the CPU power to the socket on the left. couldn't get the cable flat and standing enough to not interfere with the fan on top

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

BlackRogue

Trash Compacter
Oct 22, 2016
Hey,
I was wondering if there is any update on a potential UK/EU reseller. I just checked at it's 100 dollar minimum for shipping to my address. I really love the case, but almost half the price of the configuration just in shipping, let alone the VAT I would have to pay is real hard to justify

greg.chalk

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
Hello,
I have been reading this forum every day but only recently I registered.
I want to buy the Cerberus matx case and I want to do full custom watercooling with 2x240 radiators with 120x25mm fans. I have read in the specifications that you can put dual AIO 240 radiator with 25mm fans, only if the radiators will be 27,5mm thick.

So my question is this:
Will I be able to fit 2x240 radiators(front/bottom) with 25mm thick fans in a custom watercooling loop?
The radiators I am going to use are darkside
Dual LP240 Extra Slim Radiator, and the exact dimensions are: 275 x 121 x 27.5mm.
Am I going to have problems with fittings?

Thank you for your time.

All the fans will be intake with push orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hello,
I want to buy the Cerberus matx case and I want to do full custom watercooling with 2x240 radiators with 120x25mm fans. I have read in the specifications that you can put dual AIO 240 radiator with 25mm fans, only if the radiators will be 27,5mm thick.

So my question is this:
Will I be able to fit 2x240 radiators(front/bottom) with 25mm thick fans in a custom watercooling loop?
Dual LP240 Extra Slim Radiator, and the exact dimensions are: 275 x 121 x 27.5mm.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to SSForum.

Well, first, dual 240 radiator (bottom+front) setup is a not for matx Cerberus but for atx Cerberus-X.
If you want to cram as maximum watercooling as possible, I recommend to use swiftech Apogee drive II + radiator with built-in reservoir MCR220-QP-RES-R2 (bottom) as a base of customed watercooling.

Have a look at my setup (see signature), this is a starting point only. Afterwards you could add second radiator (120/140 in mtx or 240mm in Cerberus X) or make hard tubing.

Reactions: Phuncz

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Hello,

So my question is this:

Thank you for your time.
Hi, I discussed with Sliger setup for full custom water-cooling when Cerberus just launched. I got all measurements from Sliger and suggested to specify that dual 240 rad setup is possible when thickness is 27 mm.
I made my assumptions based on dual Darkside LP240 rads when trying to find out if dual 240 setup is possible.
So in short, you should be able to fit dual 240 rads if they are LP240 and you shouldn't have any problems with fittings.
BUT, my suggestions is to make 280+140 rad setup. 280 on bottom and 140 in front. You will have less fans and fans are going to be bigger, thus making less noise and will be more effective and going by 280+140 you are actually have larger cooling surface area than dual 240.
Personally I already bought gts280 and gts140. Will order Cerberus when new GPUs will be announced ))

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ecru Beige to be discontinued 6/15/18 for both Cerberus and Cerberus X.
$50 off orders with Ecru Biege units until then. (or when stock runs out)

Vented Window Panels to be discontinued 6/30/18 for both Cerberus and Cerberus X. (or when stock runs out)
$20 off orders with Vented Windows.

Just check out on website and reply to the order confirmation. We will issue a refund for $50 which gets you a brand new Cerberus for $160~$175 + S&H.

For those concerned about new the future of Cerberus, there are no plans to discontinue Cerberus or Cerberus X.

There however will be new parts and options coming on 7/1 to freshen the line-up including full side window and a double 120mm fan bracket for the top of case.

www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/
www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

As always, PM me for anything questions or help!

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Copy paste from a PM for others:

Window panel will not be glass due the case being designed for portability and shattering a concern, material with be optical grade impact modified acrylic - same as motor cycle visors / current window.

Window will not be vented, hence the new dual fan bracket for top.

Only new color is unpainted as we get a lot of people asking for DIY projects. Also will be adding ability to print full color artwork or logos on the case.

Wood tops will also be fully released in both no-handle and with-handle configuration.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys! So excited to receive this amazing case. next week!! And planning carefully the new system :)
I have one question about the clearance to mount a thick radiator with the normal 25mm fans in the front. Do you think that the new Enermax 32mm radiator (in the link) will fit with an NVIDIA Titan V (268mm length) reference card?