Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Those windowed panels are gorgeous!

For my personal case, wood top panels are a no go due to mister and misses cats...:) They love to scrath wood...:)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
Can I please have reward for cramming the most stuff into the Cerberus? Just upgraded from 8700k to 7960x and now running 2 sata ssds, 2 nvme pcie drives along with the 1080ti and an nzxt x42.

Also, the windows look great. Will definitely be ordering one on the near future.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Can I please have reward for cramming the most stuff into the Cerberus? Just upgraded from 8700k to 7960x and now running 2 sata ssds, 2 nvme pcie drives along with the 1080ti and an nzxt x42.

Also, the windows look great. Will definitely be ordering one on the near future.

A solid effort but I'm afraid the Cerb cramming prize probably remains with Chemist Slime for the 1950x + Quad Titan V build.;)
Very true, @chemist_slime is still the cramming king inside Cerberus-X :

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...tx-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-180#post-78461

HOWEVER...title of Cramming King of Cerberus (micro ATX) is still to be awarded..:D

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Good point, Cerb-X is a different category.

Aside from shear mass (or should that be $...) crammed in I'd also be awarding a prize for neatest / most elegant install. Mmmm, tidy cabling.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well friend there are 2 versions of the case, one is taller to accomodate a longer motherboard, and so it has different clearances compared to the standard version.

Reactions: DSE

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
I did get THE nzxt x62 in there but THE fans hitting THE motherbord. But it says 280mm+25mm fläktar Will fit

If you have the non x case I doubt you will get it to fit in the bottom. I had the same with with kraken x42, had to side mount because the fan hits the usb3

Softdrink

Cable Smoosher
Feb 27, 2018
Hello all, new user here. Been lurking and following the development of Cerberus for quite a while; finally managed to get in a situation where I can build in one.

Currently working on a portable ML box for work (Titan V, PCIe SSD, 8700K). Managed to convince my boss that the Cerberus was the best option for portability and size, and we both love the design of it. I work at an art and design studio, so having machines that don't just look like black boxes is a huge plus.

Absolutely loving the build quality and flexibility of the case so far, but I'm having a couple minor issues:
  1. Mine was shipped with what would seem to be too few of one type of screw. The very small ones used for the case parts (the hinge panel, SFX PSU kit, etc. - for the countersunk holes). I think I need four more. I'm literally down the street from a hardware store, so if someone knows the sizing I can pick up some spares in just a few minutes.
  2. Just to clarify, the SFX PSU extension cable also mounts to the chassis with these screws, correct? Nothing else I've tried seems to fit the thread...
  3. I would generally echo the calls for documentation or some kind of manual - it's not too confusing to get things together, but it does take some trial and error.
  4. It probably adds too much expense to do this, so I would totally understand if this doesn't actually happen, but IMO it would be really nice if the bags of screws were reclosable (Ziplock or something). I seem to have a lot of extras of several types, and since this case is so unique I don't want to mix them with my other case screws in my parts organizers.
I'm hoping that I'll like this build enough to use a Cerberus-X for my personal rig update - currently inside a Define R5, which is a great case, but I just don't need that much space.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hello all, new user here. Been lurking and following the development of Cerberus for quite a while; finally managed to get in a situation where I can build in one.

Currently working on a portable ML box for work (Titan V, 2x PCIe SSD, 8700K). Managed to convince my boss that the Cerberus was the best option for portability and size, and we both love the design of it. I work at an art and design studio, so having machines that don't just look like black boxes is a huge plus.

Absolutely loving the build quality and flexibility of the case so far, but I'm having a couple minor issues:
  1. Mine was shipped with what would seem to be too few of one type of screw. The very small ones used for the case parts (the hinge panel, SFX PSU kit, etc. - for the countersunk holes). I think I need four more. I'm literally down the street from a hardware store, so if someone knows the sizing I can pick up some spares in just a few minutes.
  2. Just to clarify, the SFX PSU extension cable also mounts to the chassis with these screws, correct? Nothing else I've tried seems to fit the thread...
  3. I would generally echo the calls for documentation or some kind of manual - it's not too confusing to get things together, but it does take some trial and error.
  4. It probably adds too much expense to do this, so I would totally understand if this doesn't actually happen, but IMO it would be really nice if the bags of screws were reclosable (Ziplock or something). I seem to have a lot of extras of several types, and since this case is so unique I don't want to mix them with my other case screws in my parts organizers.
I'm hoping that I'll like this build enough to use a Cerberus-X for my personal rig update - currently inside a Define R5, which is a great case, but I just don't need that much space.

Hi Softdrink,

I was making some screw guides to help people identify what types of screws and where they go, the ones you need are 440 flat head x 3/16" or 1/4" will work.

www.sliger.com/includes/products/ki/Cerberus_Screws.pdf
www.sliger.com/includes/products/ki/Cerberus_SFX_Internal.pdf
www.sliger.com/includes/products/ki/Cerberus_ATX_Kit.pdf
www.sliger.com/includes/products/ki/Cerberus_HDD_Kit.pdf

Will have a few more ready soon!

Hey can you send som more picture off you build with that 280mm rad in THE case? Thank you

I have a 280mm in my case in the bottom with 25mm fans, fits but is only held in with 2 screws as the others are under the feet or blocked.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Guys you that have THE case how did you get THE 280mm rad in there i cant get it in there with THE fans.

Please post a picture to show what the issue is, I don't have a x62 to be able to check, dimensions look like they should fit though?

Softdrink

Cable Smoosher
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Softdrink,

I was making some screw guides to help people identify what types of screws and where they go, the ones you need are 440 flat head x 3/16" or 1/4" will work.

This is perfect, thanks!

Also, totally unrelated but - is there any ETA on the full window side panels? I don't need one for this build, but am very interested in something like that for the Cerberus-X for my personal machine.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi Softdrink,

I have a 280mm in my case in the bottom with 25mm fans, fits but is only held in with 2 screws as the others are under the feet or blocked.

Very nice guides!