Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
122 in customs... is that VAT? kinda need EU buyers to chime in on this
(which reminds me, my country just announced we're about to raise GST ,_,)

quotes related:
Yes, with vat and import duttys.
Pay this for a case, for me is a shame.
If the cost of the shipping was 35-45$ i would pay for it right now.
But men, 92$?.
I dont know if the shop can put a price in the paper of 30 or 45$, but this can be perfect to me and my wallet.

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2018
122 in customs... is that VAT? kinda need EU buyers to chime in on this
(which reminds me, my country just announced we're about to raise GST ,_,)

quotes related:
Jesus can i ask where you live? I live in sweden i hope i dont get taxes and fees then this case Will be not worth it.

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2018
I
Yes, with vat and import duttys.
Pay this for a case, for me is a shame.
If the cost of the shipping was 35-45$ i would pay for it right now.
But men, 92$?.
I dont know if the shop can put a price in the paper of 30 or 45$, but this can be perfect to me and my wallet.
I think THE same 92$ for shipping i think THE shipping only cost like 50$ or somting

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
curious question: is there an option to switch the underside panel (the one behind the motherboard that's currently blank) with the default vented panel...? ._.

(also requesting sanity check if such panels mount on either face interchangeably ,_,)

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
curious question: is there an option to switch the underside panel (the one behind the motherboard that's currently blank) with the default vented panel...? ._.

(also requesting sanity check if such panels mount on either face interchangeably ,_,)

Yes the vented side panel is interchangable with the solid panel on the other side.

The symmetry also allows those panels to be mounted upside down so you have the option of putting the vents at the top or bottom on either side.

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
It looks great! When can I buy the windows panel??? I wanted to combine purchase with other parts too (about to have almost every parts available on the Cerberus X).

sirdude

What's an ITX?
Feb 17, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it.

In the cerberus-x configured with an atx motherboard and an atx PSU, how much room is there for the CPU cooler? I assume that an aio is pretty much a requirement. Or is there something else effective that fits?

puns4life

Case Bender
Feb 9, 2018

In the cerberus-x configured with an atx motherboard and an atx PSU, how much room is there for the CPU cooler? I assume that an aio is pretty much a requirement. Or is there something else effective that fits?

48mm according to the specs section for CPU air coolers on the Sliger page for the Cerberus X.

If you're not using an unlocked processor, you could probably get away with a slim cooler like the Noctua NH-L9i, which comes in at 37mm.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

• SFX Internal Kit: 137mm with the side hinge bracket installed, 145mm with side hinge bracket removed
  • SFX Rear Plate: 75mm max height
  • ATX Rear Plate: 48mm max height
It looks great! When can I buy the windows panel??? I wanted to combine purchase with other parts too (about to have almost every parts available on the Cerberus X).

Will let you know soon!

Window/vented panel looks great! So is this what was decided on and you're scrapping the full window panel? Or will that still be an option?

I really like the full window, but it complicates things on distribution, so maybe.

The distribution / carrying for so many options on this case isn't the easiest to do. Currently having just one option of panels (vented + unvented + front + top all same color) means we can assemble cases with panels, and place on shelf bagged ready to pick the kitted options with it.

With different side panels we have to come up with a way to store vented panels, solid panels, window panels, full window panels, etc. for all of the different colors and configuration options. (ex someone wants 2 solid panels or 2 full window panels) Hence it being easiest to just say everyone gets a small window on vented panel, solid panel, top vented panel.

I do feel the customization aspect is critical to a case in the price point though, so I am actively working on options for this that can keep costs for standard configuration buyers down and people that want unique configurations can bear the costs of their customization.

Will the windowed panels be available for purchase separately?

Yep!

Reactions: Phuncz

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2018
he lives in Spain. I live the other way down on the equator
Aha then i see,, i hope i dont get go high Bills XD
I did just order the water cooling stuff and sleeve and some fans Still waiting to get the case i dont think they have send it havent got an mail with track. This Will be sick THE problem is its not much pictures om it so i cant see how meny fans People have 280mm rad in bottom thats all i know for know.

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2018
Yes sir, priority will go to people who have already purchased cases for window panels. Plan is to phase out the standard vented panel and go window/vented panel only. Working things out to avoid any cost increase.

Cerberus X Window!

But THE big question is when does it comes give us a time i need it for My build but i dont hope it Will be so expensiv atleast THE shipping (93$ for me) then i think Will not be worth it becouse THE Price point you guys going go take is probly some where between 100$150$ its an expensiv but i hope it Will be worth it :D

tokyovigilante

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2016
Hi Guys,

My Cerberus turned up today and was waiting for me after work. Even more impressive in person and the build quality on mine looks top-notch. I've gone for the front mount SFX, and am just a bit confused about the provided screws. Here's what I've got -

x6 of the domed screws on the left, x4 of the ones in the centre, and x4 of the countersunk ones. I'm trying to figure out which goes where.

I've put two countersunk ones in to attach the PSU cable to the rear case, and am assuming the 6x domed screws are for the PSU itself? Even though my PSU comes with screws already. That leaves the 4x screws in the middle above for the rear plate, and 2x countersunk ones for the PSU mount bracket itself at the front. However that doesn't leave any for the two screw holes at the front of the PSU bracket. Am I missing something?