Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

tokyovigilante

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2016
Am I missing something?
Hmm, have just looked at the SFX internal kit on Sliger's website and think I'm missing two of the countersunk screws, as their image shows the power extension cable mounted on the rear bracket, plus 4 more countersunk screws for the front bracket.

Also, I've managed to destroy one of the countersunk screws included with the case itself (what are these even for?) by (admittedly stupidly) mixing it up with the PSU bracket screws and then trying to use it to mount it. XD

[EDIT] Oh right the countersunk ones in the main case screw bag are for 2.5" drives. Less cut up about losing one now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Everyone,

I recently posted an update to the community regarding James, which you can read here. I wanted to take a moment to address what this means for Kimera Industries:
  • On 2/28, James will be formally stepping down from Kimera Industries.
  • As the remaining founder and owner, I will continue to run things as they've been running, for now.
  • Product development has been on hiatus since mid-last year, but this work is now slated to resume relatively soon. I have nothing to announce at this time with respect to what this work will entail.
To allay any concerns about availability of Cerberus and Cerberus X, I want to be very clear that Sliger and I will continue to sell Cerberus and Cerberus X for now. If and when that changes, we will be as proactive as possible in sharing that - we don't want to prevent anyone interested in an enclosure from getting one.

That's all I have to share for now, as there's still a lot to resolve for both Minutiae and Kimera Industries. I'll share more as I know more. Until then, thanks for the support, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

- Joshua

echoboomer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 8, 2018
I received my ecru Cerberus X a few weeks ago and enjoyed building in it. I've got it setup with all air cooling, and dual 1080ti blower cards and it's a total beast. I tested with dual non-blower TIs and the heat being dumped into the case was just too much to handle. I'll post some build pics later when I have some time. Overall I'm very impressed and I think this will be the last ATX case I buy. Ecru looks great in my setup and is exactly what I wanted. It's kind of like a creamy eggshell white.

One suggestion: Sliger should really include a basic instruction manual with parts list. I had a tough time figuring out which screws were supposed to be used where, and learned basically through trial and error. This was a bit of a PITA and it sounds like other users are stumbling through this as well.

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
Everyone,

I recently posted an update to the community regarding James, which you can read here. I wanted to take a moment to address what this means for Kimera Industries:
  • On 2/28, James will be formally stepping down from Kimera Industries.
  • As the remaining founder and owner, I will continue to run things as they've been running, for now.
  • Product development has been on hiatus since mid-last year, but this work is now slated to resume relatively soon. I have nothing to announce at this time with respect to what this work will entail.
To allay any concerns about availability of Cerberus and Cerberus X, I want to be very clear that Sliger and I will continue to sell Cerberus and Cerberus X for now. If and when that changes, we will be as proactive as possible in sharing that - we don't want to prevent anyone interested in an enclosure from getting one.

That's all I have to share for now, as there's still a lot to resolve for both Minutiae and Kimera Industries. I'll share more as I know more. Until then, thanks for the support, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

- Joshua

Will you still be releasing the window side panels?

Thanks in advance!

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Will you still be releasing the window side panels?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this announcement has no impact on Cerberus or Cerberus X at this time, inclusive of features and other things we've discussed here.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
One suggestion: Sliger should really include a basic instruction manual with parts list. I had a tough time figuring out which screws were supposed to be used where, and learned basically through trial and error. This was a bit of a PITA and it sounds like other users are stumbling through this as well.

Understood, apologies on the trouble, will work on basic guide to include with launch of window and wood panels.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Had a few ask about both sides solid panels, or both sides vented panels. If you're interested in that kust message us with your order number when placed, and we can switch out the style you don't want for the one you do.

puns4life

Case Bender
Feb 9, 2018
Had a few ask about both sides solid panels, or both sides vented panels. If you're interested in that kust message us with your order number when placed, and we can switch out the style you don't want for the one you do.

Good to know! Is the default for new orders one of each panel?

forgery

What's an ITX?
Feb 3, 2018
Some photos of my recently completed air-cooled 5K Cerberus X build.

Full album and description here:

aneasyusername

Cable Smoosher
Dec 27, 2017
Huh, I never thought to check to see if the H7 would fit in my Cerberus. I just assumed it wouldn't so I went with the m9i in push/pull with Noctua fans on it. But I agree, it looks great!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Huh, I never thought to check to see if the H7 would fit in my Cerberus. I just assumed it wouldn't so I went with the m9i in push/pull with Noctua fans on it. But I agree, it looks great!
H7 is 145mm tall and it beraly fits inside cerberus...but it fits..:)
Latest version (h7 quad lumi) is rated for 160w

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
I've had my cerberus for a little while, and I've been mostly happy with it.

But lately I've been looking at more pictures of other people's cases, and they seem to have noticeably tighter tolerances than mine.

Cerberus gaps
Is this normal? If this is a defect, then I would like a new one but if not i can live with it

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

But lately I've been looking at more pictures of other people's cases, and they seem to have noticeably tighter tolerances than mine.

Cerberus gaps
Is this normal? If this is a defect, then I would like a new one but if not i can live with it
Well i had this kind of « issue » on my pre production cerberus-x. Personnally with my red & black color, it was fine..:)
Contact @KSliger to see what is possible to do.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Cerberus gaps

Hi MrBreakfst,

Those are normal tolerances, but the rear corner looks flared out a little bit more than usual, it can be made flatter by lightly pressing the panel against carpet to counter bend the panel warp flush. We attempt to keep these panels as flat as we can here, but unfortunately any thick flat piece of metal that is perforated or cut with a slicing tool, and not annealed after, will be warped from the material displacement of the perforation or cutting.

PM me and we'll see to making sure we get this fixed!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Windows Update (preorders go live 3/1/18 at 12pm PST)

Target ship for pre-order window panels is is March 14th.

Available in Pearl White, Carmine Red, Obsidian Black and Slate Grey

Wood Top Panels (preorders go live 3/1/18 at 12pm PST)

This is a VERY limited run, 3 wood types, wood panels mount via the handle so each panel gets a handle kit as well.
Wood Top panel kit is $70, includes wood top, handle in chrome or black. ($35 more than standard handle kit.)

Black Walnut

American Mountain Mahogany

Curly Maple

Wood panel hopefully should start shipping around 3/30/18