Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Nyven

Caliper Novice
Nov 16, 2017
I don't have any exhausts in my system at all, I have a 120mm 1080TI SC2 hybrid AIO intake on the side bracket, and a 240mm AIO in the bottom. Z370-G motherboard, 5.2ghz 1.425V overclock on 8700K.

VRM temps were really high in synthetic testing(105C+, measured via temp gun on the back of the motherboard) but as soon as I added the 120mm side bracket intake, even though a radiator is in the way, it brought them down to 80-90C. A tiny bit of airflow goes a long way I guess.

I would say as long as you have any fan airflow of any kind vaguely near the VRM it would probably be fine.

I was curious if you've tried that setup with the side gpu AIO as exhaust instead of intake with a rear fan intake? And if so what was the vrm temps like? A fully utilized hybrid gpu dumps a lot of heat out of the rad, I always prefer to exhaust a hybrid gpu rather than use it as intake.

Last edited:

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
I was curious if you've tried that setup with the side gpu AIO as exhaust instead of intake with a rear fan intake? And if so what was the vrm temps like? A fully utilized hybrid gpu dumps a lot of heat out of the rad, I always prefer to exhaust a hybrid gpu rather than use it as intake.

I might do it as an experiment some time but I care more about GPU temps than VRM temps. They are rated to 125C, so even 100C is honestly fine, and those are all synthetic testing(prime95 avx or aida64 stress test) numbers. In normal usage it doesn't even hit 80C anymore so it's very safe.

Pushing warm case air through the GPU radiator would most likely increase GPU temps and thus required fan speed, and my main objective is to keep fan speeds as low as possible for noise reasons.

brianjjy

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2018
any 240mm aio cooler suggestions? I have full atx psu and my h110I gtxs tubing gets smashed and almost impossible to fit my psu and gpu rad which is 140mm.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
"Now available and shipping internationally."
90$ SHIPPING costs.
Nice one, very accesible. 50% of the case in shipping cost.
And when arrive, say hello to customs fees

Reactions: Xccapman

aneasyusername

Cable Smoosher
Dec 27, 2017
I've had my build complete for a while now, I've just been waiting on the window panel ever since so I feel like it's worth posting! Although that would mean I'd have to do some actual cable management, and get some nicer looking cables than the stock SF600 cables.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
@KSliger @PlayfulPhoenix

which city are you from? shipping internationally is whack at the moment because (if I remember right) they ship individually instead of a B2B contract with the shippers (which they're also working on (again, if I remember right)).
(i feel you because it's exactly that amount straight from Sliger to my doorstep)

If you must, maybe try looking into a proxy shipper to ship to (or reshipping or parcel aggregator or middle-address parcel service-- does anyone have the verb-noun for this?), then ship it from the proxy's warehouse to your location?

Also (once again IIRC) bare metal could be a thing. PM @KSliger for more info

Reactions: Biowarejak

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Im from spain. 93$ plus shipped.
And i calculated 122€ in custom fees.
I will pay the case two times, literally

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
122 in customs... is that VAT? kinda need EU buyers to chime in on this
(which reminds me, my country just announced we're about to raise GST ,_,)

quotes related:

Well...here we go!

Well, I could choose between FedEx, USPS and UPS. UPS would be even more expensive for me (more than a double) and customs and VAT is mandatory for me in my country ... :(

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
i feel your pain. here's what my cerberus build looks like right now, dangling out of a temporary ATX case, waiting on those panels to go live so i can place an order. pretty excited that this is finally happening.

This is a open air case lol..:D