Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

brianjjy

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2018
How long does it take them to ship orders? Im just curious how long they would tske cuz I had no info about shipping i ordered on feb 10.. also will a h110i gtx fit with 200mm psu? Kinda worried with the tubing being too thick and not fit between the psu and ihs..

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
How long does it take them to ship orders? Im just curious how long they would tske cuz I had no info about shipping i ordered on feb 10.. also will a h110i gtx fit with 200mm psu? Kinda worried with the tubing being too thick and not fit between the psu and ihs..

Going out today!

As long as pump/tubes/block are under 48mm everything will fit.

Dragonaire

What's an ITX?
Feb 13, 2018

I got mine a week after ordering - the case was posted the day after I paid and I got a separate email from Sliger with the tracking info.

I have the Cerberus case (non-X) and an EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 and I tried using an H100i v2 but didn't have enough clearance between the tubes coming off of the block and the psu. IDK if the X has more clearance between the mobo and an ATX psu but with the smaller case, from what I could tell, AIO's with the tubes coming out of the side of the pump fit but those with tubes coming out the top (like the H100i v2) do not. I ended up going with a CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240 which fit fine.

justinoes

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 8, 2017
I was a part of the Kickstarter for this case! I didn't realize it made it to production, so when I was puttering around trying to find a decent case with a nice minimal aesthetic I (re) discovered this! Awesome. (Currently using an Ncase M1 and a Fractal Node 202, but could use something with a bit more space.)

I wanted to run something by the people here to see if anyone had tried something similar (and how it might have worked out.)

I'm looking to put a Threadripper (1950x) and an ATX X399 motherboard into a Cerberus X case. The build is basically going to be all CPU - with a passively cooled super tiny DGPU (GT 710) and two M.2 SSDs. So, I shouldn't need a ton of power (600w), but I do need a power supply that supports two EPS connections for the CPU power. There aren't any SFX-L power supplies that support that, so I'm limited to using a full ATX PSU. Since the ATX mount dramatically reduces the clearance over the CPU, I have to use an AIO cooler. (Enermax makes 240 / 280 sized AIOs with full Threadripper coverage.) Which I think should work, right?

Just wanted to see if anyone else tried to jam a Threadripper into this case!

Justin

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I was a part of the Kickstarter for this case! I didn't realize it made it to production, so when I was puttering around trying to find a decent case with a nice minimal aesthetic I (re) discovered this! Awesome. (Currently using an Ncase M1 and a Fractal Node 202, but could use something with a bit more space.)

I wanted to run something by the people here to see if anyone had tried something similar (and how it might have worked out.)

I'm looking to put a Threadripper (1950x) and an ATX X399 motherboard into a Cerberus X case. The build is basically going to be all CPU - with a passively cooled super tiny DGPU (GT 710) and two M.2 SSDs. So, I shouldn't need a ton of power (600w), but I do need a power supply that supports two EPS connections for the CPU power. There aren't any SFX-L power supplies that support that, so I'm limited to using a full ATX PSU. Since the ATX mount dramatically reduces the clearance over the CPU, I have to use an AIO cooler. (Enermax makes 240 / 280 sized AIOs with full Threadripper coverage.) Which I think should work, right?

Just wanted to see if anyone else tried to jam a Threadripper into this case!

Justin
Welcome back!

Threadripper inside cerberus-x is quite easy..:) We have, at least, 2 users that have done it..:)
The most specular setup is from @chemist_slime :
  • Threadripper 1950X (cooler by enermax TR4)
  • 4 Titan V....
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...tx-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-180#post-78461

@3lfk1ng has also done a threadripper build

So Threadripper in a 21l case is piece of cake..:)

justinoes

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 8, 2017
Welcome back!

Threadripper inside cerberus-x is quite easy..:) We have, at least, 2 users that have done it..:)
The most specular setup is from @chemist_slime :
  • Threadripper 1950X (cooler by enermax TR4)
  • 4 Titan V....
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...tx-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-180#post-78461

@3lfk1ng has also done a threadripper build

So Threadripper in a 21l case is piece of cake..:)

Those are absolutely nuts! (I love it.) Thankfully mine should be closer to the second one - without the big 1080ti. At least initially, I'll use my GT 710. This machine is almost entirely used for video transcoding using Plex - which still works best with a big beefy CPU and doesn't leverage the GPU very well - although that's changing. Good to know that what I'm planning should work out! I guess now I just have to pick a color!

Thanks for the speedy reply!
- Justin

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Those are absolutely nuts! (I love it.) Thankfully mine should be closer to the second one - without the big 1080ti. At least initially, I'll use my GT 710. This machine is almost entirely used for video transcoding using Plex - which still works best with a big beefy CPU and doesn't leverage the GPU very well - although that's changing. Good to know that what I'm planning should work out! I guess now I just have to pick a color!

Thanks for the speedy reply!
- Justin
No issue.
Please share your setup, once completed..:)

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
So, I shouldn't need a ton of power (600w), but I do need a power supply that supports two EPS connections for the CPU power. There aren't any SFX-L power supplies that support that, so I'm limited to using a full ATX PSU.

Most SFX PSUs (e.g. Corsair SF600) support that, you just need to buy an extra cable because it comes with only one as standard.

The connectors for the EPS and PCIe powers are the same on the PSU side. Just 12V and ground.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
That’s a good alternative for corsair psu owner..:)
It’s a pity that corsair has not yet released 800w sfx-l...:)

tokyovigilante

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2016
Hi all,

So I'm about to pull the trigger on the Cerberus with these components, and just need a bit of advice:

- MSI X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard
- i9-7900X
- Silverstone SFX-L SST-SX800-LTI 800W PSU
- Zotac GeForce 1080 Ti FE GPU
- Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO cooler

Will I have enough CPU clearance to rear-mount the PSU? (block is 49.1mm and I've seen conflicting advice about whether clearance is 48mm or ~70mm).
If so, is front mounting or bottom mounting the cooler better for performance?
If not, and I need to front mount the PSU and bottom mount the cooler (or if this is a better idea anyway) is there enough room to run the AIO tubing around the GPU?

Thanks a lot guys, so excited to finally be building in this awesome case!

[EDIT] Actually I've just revisited this post which looks like it will work fine, great! Is this the optimal cooling setup with these components?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi all,

So I'm about to pull the trigger on the Cerberus with these components, and just need a bit of advice:

- MSI X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard
- i9-7900X
- Silverstone SFX-L SST-SX800-LTI 800W PSU
- Zotac GeForce 1080 Ti FE GPU
- Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO cooler

Will I have enough CPU clearance to rear-mount the PSU? (block is 49.1mm and I've seen conflicting advice about whether clearance is 48mm or ~70mm).
If so, is front mounting or bottom mounting the cooler better for performance?
If not, and I need to front mount the PSU and bottom mount the cooler (or if this is a better idea anyway) is there enough room to run the AIO tubing around the GPU?

Thanks a lot guys, so excited to finally be building in this awesome case!

[EDIT] Actually I've just revisited this post which looks like it will work fine, great! Is this the optimal cooling setup with these components?
Your edit stroke true..:)
In your setup, front sfx-l psu and bottom aio 240mm is a perfect fit..:)
I’ll add a side 120/140mm exhaust fan on side bracket...:)

Check my last setup also, even if it’s cerberus-x you can find some cooling hint..:)

Reactions: Joe89