Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Small delay on window and top panels, will be up hopefully for preorder next weekend however!

Here's a teaser on the wood top colors in mean time. =]

(Design will be changing how they fit for better switch & USB access, bit goofy right now.)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Small delay on window and top panels, will be up hopefully for preorder next weekend however!

Here's a teaser on the wood top colors in mean time. =]

(Design will be changing how they fit for better switch & USB access, bit goofy right now.)
Eager to see it..:)
Wood top is nicely compatible with my cats...is it scrathes proof?..:)

YAY WINDOWS UPDATE :D
Excellent! Let’s hope it’s unlike specter v2 patch...:)

rifter

Caliper Novice
Oct 26, 2017
Where are all finished build pics?)) Thread gone silent.
My case is not currently fit for public consumption, sadly (got it up and running in ~70% of it's final configuration while I wait for the arrival of a shorter gpu waterblock for my 1080 ftw)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I second this question - I'd really like a windowed side panel, but not if I have to sacrifice performance for it...

Had to give up on fastener hardware and go with 3M VHB, original James style window:

But that got me thinking since I can't see cable clutter up top the cable clutter at bottom front is gonna drive me nuts...

So cover it with SSDs!

Plenty of room for power cables without the visible mess.

Thoughts on this window and bracket?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
OPEN UP PREORDERS SO I CAN GIVE YOU MY MONEY ALREADY D:<

(I kid, but seriously tho :c )
(also yeah window-mounted SSDs for "shroud covers" is kinda neat. could mod it to be "quick-swapped" with those SATA + Power combination adapters)

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016

the smaller corner radius is fine. (sharp corners would not be.) the bracket is a cool idea, as long as it's optional, or not visible when not in use. if it's visible through the window when using one or zero 2.5" drives, it'd be worse than no bracket.

Reactions: VegetableStu

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Piece of note and hopefully useful, I am not be able to install the 120x15 fan at the top (Noctua A12x15) when having a front ATX PSU (RM850i).

Last edited:
Reactions: KSliger

superscalar

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2016
@KSliger

I just received my Celebrus and I'm very happy with it.

Do you have any plans to let users make custom orders / mods of the Celebrus KIC10U? For example, I'd like to move the usb ports from the top panel to the front panel. The KIC10U is the perfect size to put on a industrial shelf or workbench. However, the vertical orientation of the usb ports can be awkward if not impossible when there is a second shelf above the case.

It would be great if you could offer a version that has the USB ports on the front panel.

If you don't have plans to offer one, will you allow users to order custom modifications? A quick and easy modification in this case could be:

1. Don't cut the USB ports on the top panel.
2. Make a rectangular cut-out to the front of the case frame. This would allow the usb cables to pass through.
3. Make the usual USB cuts outs on the front panel. (4 usb cut outs for me please)

Naturally, this change would be a hack and would prevent the front panel from being removed,
but it would be good enough for my needs. All of these changes would in no way alter the dimensions
of the case, so assembling it would be the same.

Thanks,

Stephen

Ankacat

Trash Compacter
Silver Supporter
Mar 11, 2016
@KSliger
It would be great if you could offer a version that has the USB ports on the front panel.

If you don't have plans to offer one, will you allow users to order custom modifications? A quick and easy modification in this case could be:

1. Don't cut the USB ports on the top panel.
2. Make a rectangular cut-out to the front of the case frame. This would allow the usb cables to pass through.
3. Make the usual USB cuts outs on the front panel. (4 usb cut outs for me please)

Naturally, this change would be a hack and would prevent the front panel from being removed,
but it would be good enough for my needs. All of these changes would in no way alter the dimensions
of the case, so assembling it would be the same.

Thanks,

Stephen

If your custom solution doesn't pan out, another option for front(ish) USB might be to have the ports accessible from the air cutouts on the sides of the front panel by attaching them horizontally to the front mounting vents. I think there'd be plenty of space for 4 ports on either side, or two on each side to maintain symmetry.

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Had to give up on fastener hardware and go with 3M VHB, original James style window:

But that got me thinking since I can't see cable clutter up top the cable clutter at bottom front is gonna drive me nuts...

So cover it with SSDs!

Plenty of room for power cables without the visible mess.

My opinion is that this one with window and vents is the best choice, especially if for example someone is using rear mounted PSU like me, I would happily pay for one,even if it is expensive.

Please make it happen Sliger, would be amazing.

Last edited: