Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Just post a new update of my Cerberus-X...now dust filters are everywhere!...:)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-x-complete-build-log.2007/page-17#post-82650

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Mine just doesn't seem to add anything new to the thread, kinda Plain Jane compared to what we've seen.

Cerb-X Paris edition in red with black top + handle
Asus Maximus VIII Formula
Silverstone SFX-L 800 front mounted.
Corsair H100i v2 on bottom (planned replacement with Noctua C14S)
Zotac 1080

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'll be redoing all my bends and what not within the month... decided I'm not going to wait for the new noctua fans. So, pretty pics soon TM
Those noctua nf-a12 are pretty long to come. For me, that means Noctua struggles to get decent yield or production cost with this new material (sterox), or any other issue.
Me too, i’m pretty interested in those new fan as they looked like my precious gentle typhoon..:)
After i truly hope that noctua will put decent motor that won’t scream at 2000rpm like their ppc fan.

Mine just doesn't seem to add anything new to the thread, kinda Plain Jane compared to what we've seen.

Cerb-X Paris edition in red with black top + handle
Asus Maximus VIII Formula
Silverstone SFX-L 800 front mounted.
Corsair H100i v2 on bottom (planned replacement with Noctua C14S)
Zotac 1080
Ahah another Marcparis + @KSliger (oops) edition..:)
Even if your setup is classical, your setup has specific points : fans, cable mangement, storage, etc, etc...:)

Otherwise why are you switching your corsair h100i v2 to ncotua c14s. I would bet that this corsair h100i v2 is never quiet (pump noise at idle and fans on load)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Ahah another Marcparis + @KSliger (oops) edition..:)
Even if your setup is classical, your setup has specific points : fans, cable mangement, storage, etc, etc...:)

True, always some interesting details about how specific parts fit. A minor correction though; I do have cables. I don't have management ;)

Regarding cables - was a bit concerned about not having any hidden spaces to stuff excess cable but then discovered front-mounted SFX-L is offset toward the open side and this creates just the right amount of space on the far side of the PSU to stuff some cables so a lazy tidy up is still possible. The small chassis cutouts on that side are also ideally sized and located to help with the cable handling too. Nice.

Otherwise why are you switching your corsair h100i v2 to ncotua c14s. I would bet that this corsair h100i v2 is never quiet (pump noise at idle and fans on load)

C14s is mostly to make it more travel friendly. Saves about a kilo and eliminates liquid. There is also something appealing about the nice synnergy that cooler has with this case.
I haven't found noise to be much of a problem with the H100iV2, I don't notice the pump and when the system is working hard enough to need fast fans I'm jumping around several metres away with a VR headset on and probably wouldn't notice if an aircraft crashed into the house.
While the H100i doesn't have particularly more heat rejection it does have the advantage of sheer mass for greater thermal inertia so I expect I'll have to pay more attention to tuning fan profiles on the Noctua. Variation in fan noise is as important as absolute volume. Lighter systems that heat up faster and cause fans to spool up and down all the time can be really annoying.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
True, always some interesting details about how specific parts fit. A minor correction though; I do have cables. I don't have management ;)

Regarding cables - was a bit concerned about not having any hidden spaces to stuff excess cable but then discovered front-mounted SFX-L is offset toward the open side and this creates just the right amount of space on the far side of the PSU to stuff some cables so a lazy tidy up is still possible. The small chassis cutouts on that side are also ideally sized and located to help with the cable handling too. Nice.
Yes there is, in fact, space for 2,5" drive between back of the case and front mounted sfx-l psu..:)

C14s is mostly to make it more travel friendly. Saves about a kilo and eliminates liquid. There is also something appealing about the nice synnergy that cooler has with this case.
I haven't found noise to be much of a problem with the H100iV2, I don't notice the pump and when the system is working hard enough to need fast fans I'm jumping around several metres away with a VR headset on and probably wouldn't notice if an aircraft crashed into the house.
While the H100i doesn't have particularly more heat rejection it does have the advantage of sheer mass for greater thermal inertia so I expect I'll have to pay more attention to tuning fan profiles on the Noctua. Variation in fan noise is as important as absolute volume. Lighter systems that heat up faster and cause fans to spool up and down all the time can be really annoying.
No worries, for transportation, aircooler are, by the way, best suited..:D