Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

GoodStuff

What's an ITX?
Nov 29, 2017
When did you guys place your orders? I placed my order last Thursday and haven’t seen anything pop up yet in my FedEx delivery manager.

Edit: Got my tracking info from Sliger, thanks!

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
To add: If the current trend continues, Intel will likely discard that socket next year. Until Intel comes out to say otherwise (like their rapid response to the core war), you can almost expect Intel to retire and replace their sockets on a yearly basis (and possibly the Chipset too).
I'd expect them to stick to the exact same socket progression that have for the last decade for the consumer Socket Hx line (and even before that, ever since they started the Core branding): two CPU generations compatible per socket, each with an associated chipset release (both chipsets being forwards/backward compatible to both CPU gens).

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I've got some big plans for mine.
Now all I have to do is come up with the money to buy everything. Hopefully should be ordering the case and motherboard before end of the year. Really just need those 2 things to get my mod started so I can mock up the custom cable management wall I'm gonna make. I really want to go with petg tubing for this one but I love primochills new flex fittings too much to even consider hard tube for this one. Plus with it traveling as much as it will I think it'll be better to go with flex tubing. I guess I'll see where im at come time to order stuff

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Got email from KSilger and FedEx tracking last night. My Cerberus X should be here Tuesday :)
For cooling, I am thinking to expand my BeQuiet Silent Loop 120 into a 2x240 loop with reservoir.
Combo waterblock/pump i love that.
Now i tried with my kelvin waterblock/pump (similar alphacool pump as be quiet silent loop)...even when i managed to fill the loop, i found pump pretty disturbing (whereas it was considered silent by reviewer)
It could be linked to my tube size (10/13), maybe it required smaller tubes.

Eager to see your build so..:)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Combo waterblock/pump i love that.
Now i tried with my kelvin waterblock/pump (similar alphacool pump as be quiet silent loop)...even when i managed to fill the loop, i found pump pretty disturbing (whereas it was considered silent by reviewer)
It could be linked to my tube size (10/13), maybe it required smaller tubes.

Eager to see your build so..:)
I loved the kelvin it was kinda noisey but it didn't bug me it wasn't any louder than the coil whine I had lol

Regnato

Case Bender
Dec 1, 2017
Just got the case and finished assembling.
Here is my build:

i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VII Gene z97 mATX
Cooler Master Seidon 120XL Liquid Cooler (120mm Fan both sides of Radiator)
Asus ROG Strix 1080ti
Corsair AX860 ATX PSU
250gb/500gb Samsung evo 850 SSD

(sorry for bad lighting, I live in a college dorm)

Here are some size comparisons with my previous case (Corsair obsidian 350D)

Also does anyone know what the empty slot next to the PCIe Slots is for? Or am i missing something?

Loving this new case! I'm going to try moving some parts around to see if i can get better cooling/cable management. Will individual case parts be able to be purchased separately in the future?

Last edited:

Notorious

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017
whats the radiator support with an SFX-L psu? I might have the opportunity to go 1080ti SLI but only the 800w Silverstone SFX-L psu. i could go ATX but the smaller the better, more room for cooling

Actually im still on the fence about watercooling or aircooling. The Noctua NH-C14S seems to beat 120mm radiators , and match some 280mm radiators

@Regnato do you think you could fit a second strix card in there? what about a second strix and a 1 slot card?

Last edited:

Regnato

Case Bender
Dec 1, 2017
whats the radiator support with an SFX-L psu? I might have the opportunity to go 1080ti SLI but only the 800w Silverstone SFX-L psu. i could go ATX but the smaller the better, more room for cooling

Actually im still on the fence about watercooling or aircooling. The Noctua NH-C14S seems to beat 120mm radiators , and match some 280mm radiators

@Regnato do you think you could fit a second strix card in there? what about a second strix and a capture card?
I would not be able add a second strix card because my card covers up the second PCIe slot. If you have a motherboard with a second slot that is placed further down then you probably could but it would be tight.

Notorious

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017
I would not be able add a second strix card because my card covers up the second PCIe slot. If you have a motherboard with a second slot that is placed further down then you probably could but it would be tight.
so probably something like the evga FTW3 would work since it takes only takes up 2 and not 2.5

@KSliger are you able to do custom colors for extra $$$ ?

Edit:
@Regnato looks like you are missing a piece for that open spot on the back

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Just got the case and finished assembling.
Here is my build:

i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VII Gene z97 mATX
Cooler Master Seidon 120XL Liquid Cooler (120mm Fan both sides of Radiator)
Asus ROG Strix 1080ti
Corsair AX860 ATX PSU
250gb/500gb Samsung evo 850 SSD

(sorry for bad lighting, I live in a college dorm)

Here are some size comparisons with my previous case (Corsair obsidian 350D)

Also does anyone know what the empty slot next to the PCIe Slots is for? Or am i missing something?

Loving this new case! I'm going to try moving some parts around to see if i can get better cooling/cable management. Will individual case parts be able to be purchased separately in the future?
There should be a cover that goes over that.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

@Regnato do you think you could fit a second strix card in there? what about a second strix and a 1 slot card?
No, no, no noctua c14s is better than 120mm aio...but inferior to 240mm aio, especially inside a case.
In my personal setup, i tested noctua c14s with dual noctua 140ppc 2000rpm pwm...vs my apogee drive ii+h220 radiator+gentle typhoon, it is clearly behind on ryzen heavily oc..:)

However noctua c14s is perfect on ryzen with a vcore of 1.40v with dual 140mm fans...at maximum.