Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
As long as you use an ITX or mATX setup in the Cerberus-X, you shouldn't have a problem fitting a 280mm rad + standard fans on the bottom (like an NZXT x62 setup).

Note: The x62/x52 pump-over-processor solution, as RGB and awesome as it may be, is about 4mm too tall to mount an ATX PSU over it. If you go that route, be sure to pick up an SFX PSU instead (mounted at the rear with the optional adapter or at the front).

However, with an standard ATX board installed, the 280mm rad+fans will hit/block all the connecting i/o at the bottom of the motherboard. By my measurements, I could fit the 280mm rad but then I would have to scour the earth for some 10mm fans that would provide awful cooling so in the end it's just not worth it. Therefore, a 240mm rad is required (stress: 280mm won't work) at the bottom in this type of setup.

That being said, if you have a standard length GPU (as long as the width of an ATX Mobo itself) you shouldn't have any issues fitting the 280mm rad+25mm fans at the front (with an ATX-sized PSU at the rear obv).

For the best temps possible, this means it could comfortably fit a 240mm rad at the bottom and a 280mm rad at the front if you're planning a dual-rad setup.

I know this has all been stated before but I just wanted to reiterate as people are starting to get their cases.

With that out of the way, I'm done Tetris-ing for the day. I will report back once the replacement parts arrive.
When you had some gpu toaster like r9 290x or gtx 480, watercooling gpu was a great cooling solution.
With the progress of both gpu efficiency AND customed gpu air cooler, it’s now far less interesting to go to watercooling of gpu. There are clearly more constraints than advantages :
  • WC gpu is providing better temperature in general (not really versus like msi trio)...but it’s not really providing fps gain (especially on pascal...even rx vega is showing low interest vs customed air cooler due to bios limitation)
  • WC gpu are noisier on idel due to pump noise. On load, noise output should be around the same versus best customed air cooled gpu.
In conclusion, nowdays, it’s better to focus a setup based on a very good customed air cool gpu, and after case and cpu airflow to maximize its cooling potential.
Going to full watercooling could be still better for looks or multi gpu solution.

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

esjeon

What's an ITX?
Nov 23, 2017
@KSliger

Would you check if my order has been shipped? I didn't receive tracking email. My order# is xxxxxxxxxx. I paid whopping $90 to have it shipped to Korea. XD

EDIT: removed order#.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger I never got any shipping/tracking info

Please PM order number, apologies on delays getting the tracking numbers out.

@KSliger Any news on the red cases shipping?

Shipping today, shoot you tracking soon.

The last i heard: yes you will still receive the coloured top along with the extra black top you ordered

This is correct, black top panel option is not a substitute but is an additional.

@KSliger, any updates on Demciflex filters for Cerberus? Can you post a picture with dimensions for the bottom part. I want to know feets locations, so I can select appropriate filter. Thank you.

I would say use the stock offerings for now as we're probably a month or more out on the custom size.

Will there never be stockists in EU/UK? I really want one but the shipping costs are nuts to the UK, plus import tax would rape me as well :/

Working on it, really do not want to leave EUR and ASPAC hanging on >$80 shipping.

Anyone planning Threadripper for their Cerberus-X? I'm wondering what everyone is thinking about for their motherboards...

Asus EATX!

mattxl

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2017
@KSliger awesome! Looking forward to it

Edit - or I guess not since you're closed now and I haven't seen a tracking number show up in my delivery manager... Fingers crossed though lol

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey all,

A quick announcement regarding folks who ordered pre-production units a while back: If you're in need of a panel set or cables for your existing enclosure, please do the following:
  1. Send me a PM including the shipping address of your original pre-production unit; the shipping address you'd like your panels and/or cables to be sent to; and (if you're needing panels) your preferred panel color and type (Cerberus/Cerberus X).
  2. I will be passing along this information to Sliger, and they will work on fulfilling the request.
  3. If you've already been in contact with either Kahlin or myself regarding this, you're already covered! This is just a PSA for folks who want a replacement panel set or cable, but haven't already reached out to initiate things.
While I'm here: windows update? ,_,

Not quite yet; we're still cutting our teeth at getting the current selection of enclosures/options out, and there are some manufacturing and logistics challenges to overcome that we've learned about as we've built the initial wave of orders.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
to be honest I wasn't expecting another buyer from my area in this thread, LOL
the other local PC forum I lurk in doesn't seem to have strong feelings for SFF cases in general one way or the other ,_, (besides some of them not willing to spend >$150 on a case because it's just a box. (to their credit, most of those were of the "RGB doesn't improve performance why would you spend the difference for it" train of thought (in which I'd agree, lol)))