Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Will let you know in ~2 weeks, looking like both will be options.

For those asking on radiators:

Cerberus X can hold two 280mm x 30mm, but bottom one will need to use 15mm fans.

Updating product page too!

couple questions...

1) with 2 280 rads in X, you can still fit a ATX mb right? bottom PCI slot looks obsurcured. Im guessing dual 280 rads + ATX + SLI gpu's + pump and res is getting a bit cramped.......

2) when are shipments going out. I havent seen much on the ship dates. just got a confirmation from Sliger that order was received.

bafbaf

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2017
Is the only way to order a solid side panel through "Additional Panel Sets" ?

Are the panels symetrical? Can I swap the solid and vented ones?

DataX

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2017
Check out as black, then email or PM me, I'll adjust the order to be unpainted.

Thank you so much for write up, have cart team on the issue.

@KSliger

Are there any pictures of the bare metal chassis? I've been holding off on my purchase as I'm split between that or solid black. :(

Thanks!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@PlayfulPhoenix, @KSliger , have you in mind to send back a cerberus-x to hardware canucks in order to complete this video?

Also Jaytwocents could be interested to make a full customed loop inside a cerberus-x...that will change from his BIG builds..:)
Linus could be pretty interesting too..:)
Gamers nexus, bitwit, paul hardware could be really good too.

Personally i prefer Dimitry from hardware canucks as director...:)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Probably Dimitry the Case guy first, although looking back on the video he did maybe send the CX to let him do an ATX one this time (also would address the improvements of the matx Cerberus since it's just 3 slots taller/shorter). Jayz the watercooling guy could probably do too, although I'm not familiar if he's done SFF builds previously.

Paul (Paul's Hardware) and Kyle (Bitwit) maybe too? Although they've filled their coming month with builds for quite some time

Linus, eh, I dunno. Some smaller companies just ship to him without letting him know beforehand, so...

Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Is the only way to order a solid side panel through "Additional Panel Sets" ?

Are the panels symetrical? Can I swap the solid and vented ones?

Working on adding both sides solid as an option for a small extra charge.

They are swappable to either side, and can be flipped over for venti

couple questions...

1) with 2 280 rads in X, you can still fit a ATX mb right? bottom PCI slot looks obsurcured. Im guessing dual 280 rads + ATX + SLI gpu's + pump and res is getting a bit cramped.......

2) when are shipments going out. I havent seen much on the ship dates. just got a confirmation from Sliger that order was received.

Yes, with two 280mm rad you could even fit an Extended ATX board.

Shipments mostly left today, there's about 20 that are going tomorrow but they're all West Coast and will be to people Friday or Saturday depending on mail. Let me know if you did or did not receive tracking, have a feeling something is wrong with tracking confirmation emails.

How long is the turn around on cases right now and Im not looking for like an EXACT date just a ballparkish area cause I know it was pretty slammed when this started

Any order should get out in 48 hours.

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
Shipments mostly left today, there's about 20 that are going tomorrow but they're all West Coast and will be to people Friday or Saturday depending on mail. Let me know if you did or did not receive tracking, have a feeling something is wrong with tracking confirmation emails.

I haven't gotten a tracking confirmation email. I'm west coast, but in Canada. Order #1382562344 in case you need to look it up.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
@PlayfulPhoenix, @KSliger , have you in mind to send back a cerberus-x to hardware canucks in order to complete this video?

Also Jaytwocents could be interested to make a full customed loop inside a cerberus-x...that will change from his BIG builds..:)
Linus could be pretty interesting too..:)
Gamers nexus, bitwit, paul hardware could be really good too.

Personally i prefer Dimitry from hardware canucks as director...:)

Yes, eventually I'd like to send some review units around. It's low priority right now, though, mostly for two reasons:
  1. I want you all, the loyal followers of us, to be priority #1, 2, and 3 right now.
  2. I have so much going on across multiple projects that I am forced to be selective about how I spend my time, at least for a little while.

capt_rusty

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2017
Working on adding both sides solid as an option for a small extra charge.

They are swappable to either side, and can be flipped over for venti

Yes, with two 280mm rad you could even fit an Extended ATX board.

Any order should get out in 48 hours.

No tracking email either, and I'm in Colorado.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
My god, I almost hate that I hurried up to buy the case asap and went with white. The bare metal is so beautiful!

Any chance for swapping my case out?
Order ******

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
As I see, bare metal case has some white marks on side panels bottom. @KSliger, can you make photos without reflections?

No, the will oxidize and turn yellow in a few months if left untreated (chem film or anodize) but they are super ready to be powder coated.

My god, I almost hate that I hurried up to buy the case asap and went with white. The bare metal is so beautiful!

Any chance for swapping my case out?
Order 1382564963

Yes! Please email me sales@sliger.com to get it in writing for our order team.

As I see, bare metal case has some white marks on side panels bottom. @KSliger, can you make photos without reflections?

From sanding the back of the studs flush to not show through powder coat, no reflections there - just sanding disc marks.

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
I see, so I will stay will black then. However, it would be very attractive to have nickel plated case :) Put nickel plated hard tubes for watercooling - shiny build :)