Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
SFX-L 700W or 800W. Assuming your cord is the production version, that's good to hear.
My ac extension is the ki official one. I requested it in order to close properlly my top panel..;)

Well, I for one supplied my own cord - that was part of the deal to get the pre-production at the stage I signed up. There was talk about sending out cables and usb 3.0 front panel connectors later on, maybe MarcParis got such a shipment?
Just mp @KSliger and @PlayfulPhoenix to get them..:)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Can you provide us with the max LxWxH in writing for front and bottom mounts please.

So does that mean the Cerberus can or can't hold a 280 mm AIO? The product page says it can, and you posted pictures of a 280 mm AIO in your personal build back on post #2760, but this post seems to imply you can't, at least not without small profile fans?

Cerberus can hold a 280mm AIO with 25mm fans, but it's a little difficult to screw in and does touch the motherboard - but so long as your USB 3.0 header isn't down there like mine is you should be fine. (i had to change out USB for 2.0 as 3.0 header was too tall)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I've also got a question for @KSliger regarding one of the front panel pins that's partially popped out of its securing... thingie? I don't remember if it was like this initially or if I managed to dislodge it at some point, but is this something I could safely shove back onto its mounting point myself with tools or heat?[/spoiler]

You could if you have a rivet gun, but please email me sales@sliger.com and I'll send you out a replacement panel, Power Cable, USB 3.0 cables etc.

Reactions: Biowarejak

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Well, I for one supplied my own cord - that was part of the deal to get the pre-production at the stage I signed up. There was talk about sending out cables and usb 3.0 front panel connectors later on, maybe MarcParis got such a shipment?

I never did.

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017
Can someone post a size comparison of Cerberus-X vs. Define C / Meshify C?

Still trying to justify the price/SFF premium of this case.

Playing around with numbers in my head, on running 2 x vega 64 in this case will require an ATX powersupply, forcing me to do watercooling, unless the ATX powersupply can be mounted to the front.

Cerberus X, Fractal Define/Meshify C, and Raijintek Thetis.
http://socialcompare.com/en/widget/...vs-mesifiy-c-vs-thetis-vs-cerberus-x-44m0twaz
http://socialcompare.com/en/widget/...vs-mesifiy-c-vs-thetis-vs-cerberus-x-44m0twaz

Edit: Fixed Link.

Last edited:

Nyven

Caliper Novice
Nov 16, 2017
@KSliger

FYI when trying to order I kept getting an error no shipping selected when I was selecting FedEx Home Delivery. This issue was when I added to cart and then clicked on "Paypal checkout" button, info was filled out in forms by paypal after logging into paypal and hitting continue going back to your page. Error still happened when I selected the shipping option above, could not get past this error. When I started over and added to cart and then clicked on "Proceed to checkout" button then everything worked fine, I had to fill out whole page info then login to paypal and approve charge. So two different ways of using paypal, one with issue the other fine.

Edit: just saw post about emailing sales@sliger.com so I sent an email.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger when it comes time for me to order how will I go about ordering one with the panels unpainted

Check out as black, then email or PM me, I'll adjust the order to be unpainted.

@KSliger

FYI when trying to order I kept getting an error no shipping selected when I was selecting FedEx Home Delivery. This issue was when I added to cart and then clicked on "Paypal checkout" button, info was filled out in forms by paypal after logging into paypal and hitting continue going back to your page. Error still happened when I selected the shipping option above, could not get past this error. When I started over and added to cart and then clicked on "Proceed to checkout" button then everything worked fine, I had to fill out whole page info then login to paypal and approve charge. So two different ways of using paypal, one with issue the other fine.

Edit: just saw post about emailing sales@sliger.com so I sent an email.

Thank you so much for write up, have cart team on the issue.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Check out as black, then email or PM me, I'll adjust the order to be unpainted.

Thank you so much for write up, have cart team on the issue.
Aight thanks bud just wanted to make sure. Should hopefully be placing an order before the end of the year. Won't have anything to go in it till next year but I just wanna make sure I get the case first so I can plan out the rest

j_bravo14

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2017
Cerberus X, Fractal Define/Meshify C, and Raijintek Thetis.

Edit: Fixed Link.

Thanks, was initially thinking of getting the ATX version (Cerberus - X), but now lean towards the micro-ATX (Cerberus). But it's only ~60mm difference in height between the non-X and X! :)

I probably will wait for some builds and see how they do cable management for a dual GPU using an ATX powersupply.

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Looking at the dimensions of Cerberus, I have two choices:
1. 140 rad front, 280 rad bottom. Good clearance, 58800 surface area (Can use best HW labs GTS rads)
2. 240 rad front, 240 rad bottom. Very tight fit, 57600 surface area (Very limited choice of rads)

Please, help to select :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
well you forgot 3rd case :
3-240 rad bottom (hw labs gts) + 140mm front (hw labs gts)..:)

This last choice has my vote as 240mm radiator is more friendly on bottom. On front, 140mm are easier..:D

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
well you forgot 3rd case :
3-240 rad bottom (hw labs gts) + 140mm front (hw labs gts)..:)

This last choice has my vote as 240mm radiator is more friendly on bottom. On front, 140mm are easier..:D

Well, trying to maximize all available space :) I will use mini-ITX, so no conflicts with MB.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, trying to maximize all available space :) I will use mini-ITX, so no conflicts with MB.
In that specific case, go for 280mm rad on bottom and 120mm rad on front..with front SFX PSU..:)
You will plenty of space to put pump/res on top of bottom radiator too..:)

More space will be used for watercooling than components..:D

Reactions: isabirov

nemotron

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
Ordered a black case with no extras. Have the components prepped and ready.

Just want to clarify that there is no top mounted fan slot without a handle. Also wanted to see if there is still a plan to have top mounted 2x 120/140mm bracket.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
All pre-production people please email me, I'll get your power / USB / etc. mailed out.

Just to clarify with folks, the plan is to systematically reach out to pre-production folks as well to get cable harness and panel sets addressed. My thanks to the pre-production folks who have been already in touch with me directly on this topic!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
How long is the turn around on cases right now and Im not looking for like an EXACT date just a ballparkish area cause I know it was pretty slammed when this started