Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
I asked KSliger earlier about having the side panel pattern on the front panel for more ventilation .
His reply was "I’ll draw that up as an option this week and we’ll run a few, what color were you thinking?

Might be slightly more, add ~$10 per unit."

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I asked KSliger earlier about having the side panel pattern on the front panel for more ventilation .
His reply was "I’ll draw that up as an option this week and we’ll run a few, what color were you thinking?

Might be slightly more, add ~$10 per unit."

Always with the right answer these guys :thumb:

I'm wondering how useful front ventilation will be though. There is a pretty good open area in the side of the front panel so it depends a lot on the clearance between fans and front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubermarshall

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Always with the right answer these guys :thumb:

I'm wondering how useful front ventilation will be though. There is a pretty good open arae in the side of the front panel so it depends a lot on the clearance between fans and front.

I believe there is 5mm of space left when using a 15mm fan, I think it will help.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I believe there is 5mm of space left when using a 15mm fan, I think it will help.

That does sound useful then.

For folks running hot with big rads & multi GPU an option for Fat Front (tm) with a vented deep front that fits over 140x25 fans would be a cool* option

*har har

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I would like to know how the 15mm noctua fans cope on a fatter rad.

Pretty open blade design so more flow optimized than static pressure.

So, not ideal. EDIT - at least not on higher density rads, try to pair with a more open design.

70% more pressure at 350rpm less from the 25mm version which has broad blades & stators so is much more of a 'compressor' design.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hi All - going to set up and do some example builds for pictures this weekend, anything in particular you'd like to see or dimensions you'd like added to specifications? (part of test build is determining clearances)

I have:

140x280mm AIO radiator

120x240mmAIO radiator

2x 120mm AIO radiator

1x EVGA 1070 Hybrid

1x EVGA 1060 Mini

20+ Mini-ITX boards

2x MicroATX board

ATX PSUs

SFX PSUs

1x SFX-L PSU

4x 120x15mm fan

And every imaginable fan size

Also I'll be working on the issues with shipping costs next week, we received ZERO help from USPS while setting this up and DHL does not have a functioning integration for our cart of choice. We'll be on USPS next few weeks to get the cost down to a more affordable flat rate, possibly better US/Canada rate too.

Also will have a lot more case option in next few weeks; machined handle in clear anodize or nickel plate, machined feet in clear anodize or nickel plate, line grained aluminum front panels, full window side panels, and more options for mounting fans in top of case (this is why we did not make the fan handle bracket default with chassis.)

Also hopefully people that get their cases will be able to post build logs, and I'd love to get completed build pictures on our site.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Don’t worry too much of noctua nf a 12x15 performance radiator...especially if you have a low fpi radiator...it will work nicely..:)
Just avoid high fpi radiator or 2 rows (45mm+ thick)..:)

After my concern on nf a12x15 is their noise at around 1500rpm

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi All - going to set up and do some example builds for pictures this weekend, anything in particular you'd like to see or dimensions you'd like added to specifications? (part of test build is determining clearances)

I have:

140x280mm AIO radiator

120x240mmAIO radiator

2x 120mm AIO radiator

1x EVGA 1070 Hybrid

1x EVGA 1060 Mini

20+ Mini-ITX boards

2x MicroATX board

ATX PSUs

SFX PSUs

1x SFX-L PSU

4x 120x15mm fan

Also I'll be working on the issues with shipping costs next week, we received ZERO help from USPS while setting this up and DHL does not have a functioning integration for our cart of choice. We'll be on USPS next few weeks to get the cost down to a more affordable flat rate, possibly better US/Canada rate too.

Also will have a lot more case option in next few weeks; machined handle in clear anodize or nickel plate, machined feet in clear anodize or nickel plate, line grained aluminum front panels, full window side panels, and more options for mounting fans in top of case (this is why we did not make the fan handle bracket default with chassis.)

Also hopefully people that get their cases will be able to post build logs, and I'd love to get completed build pictures on our site.
Try a dual 240mm radiator setup in cerberus-x...;)

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015

I have:

140x280mm AIO radiator

120x240mmAIO radiator

2x 120mm AIO radiator

1x EVGA 1070 Hybrid

1x EVGA 1060 Mini

20+ Mini-ITX boards

2x MicroATX board

ATX PSUs

SFX PSUs

1x SFX-L PSU

4x 120x15mm fan

"Full" windowed side panels you say? As in, the entire side panel without a frame, a windowed frame, or the original GPU window? Will the window be glass or plexi?

Can the "window" part be exchanged with another piece? Say for example it's plexiglass; would I be able to pop that out and insert a glass pane? Or even, if the pane is glass, can I replace it if it gets broken or I have some custom laser etched piece I desire to fit?

These new parts can be ordered separately correct? After all that waiting, I jumped at my purchase within a hours of pre launch. I don't want to regret that hahahaha.

Elijha

Case Bender
Aug 18, 2016
Randomly thought to do my sporadic check to see where this is and was surprised it is now released - did I miss an email announcement? In any case shipping to Australia is killing this for me (which I kind of expected to be honest). Hopefully you get a local reseller (*cough* PLE *cough*) and they can bulk import it. Good Luck with the sales / shipping.

irq506

Efficiency Noob
Mar 27, 2017
Super happy to see this has become a reality, and I wish you the very best of everything in the future. I have lusted after this case since the beginning. Will be ordering the Slate non X version for a kick-ass hackintosh. For some reason I had in my mind that this was going to be available in a dark green color.

Reactions: Nasp and Biowarejak

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
I haven't ordered yet, but I absolutely will be getting a Cerberus-X. Just waiting for shipping options to Canada to be finalized, and to see if Demciflex fans will be offered via the site.

Specifically, I've had a positive express with UPS Worldwide Express (Canada) in the past. Due to it being airmail, it actually incurs no charges typically associated with ground shipping.

Thanks again for all the work that's gone into making this a reality.

Actually, never heard of that company - so I doubt that it would even find my small city in the middle of Europe :D I prefer to go with known company that has local customer support. Still expensive as hell though...

USPS is the US's national postal carrier. They will transport as far as your nation's customs border, where it will be handed over to a local carrier. E.g. for the UK, it will be handed over to Royal Mail (our national postal carrier).
Because there is a handoff at Customs rather than the courier handling Customs clearance themselves, there is often the chance that it will get passed through customs without charge. With UPS/Fedex, they will charge you every time, and charge you extra for them to charge you (the infamous 'processing fee'). Whether it is worth the extra cost depends on your local carrier: UPS/Fedex over here are masters at ringing the bell, pushing the 'sorry you were out' notice through at the same time, and sprinting for the van; while Royal Mail usually will actually make an attempt at delivering packages.

How UPS/Fedex handles customs and service charges can vary by country and the service you pay for. Unfortunately this knowledge is usually gleaned after being burnt by them and then searching for better information on how they operate.

Here's a good page that explains how they deal with shipments to Canada, and why you never want to use their basic ground service:

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/zones-and-rates/customs-clearance.page

These fees can be combined with a fuel surcharge on a ground shipment, and as such it quickly becomes clear why UPS Express International (AKA Airmail) is the best choice when absolute speed of an even faster option is not a factor (and it still comes incredibly quickly comparative to government supported and/or owned options).

Unfortunately as Phuncz suggested, how nationally owned or endorsed postal services interact with each other can also vary drastically. I've had excellent experiences between CAN-Germany, CAN-UK, and nearly all of my experiences with US-CAN have been good too.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Cases are shipping Tuesday/Wednesday. Thank you all that ordered, can't wait to see your builds!

Also please message me your completed build picture and I will feature on the product page with link to your forum post.