Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

phazeshifta

Cable Smoosher
Nov 23, 2017
If you check Marcparis build log he has examples of using 15mm fans on the front panel.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks! Shame a full size fan wouldn't fit, adding a few more mm for clearance wouldn't have affected case volume at all and would make this the absolute best case on the market imo.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
That's what I was looking for. Thanks! Shame a full size fan wouldn't fit, adding a few more mm for clearance wouldn't have affected case volume at all and would make this the absolute best case on the market imo.

To be very fair, those noctua 15mm fans look to perform very well for their size.

phazeshifta

Cable Smoosher
Nov 23, 2017
To be very fair, those noctua 15mm fans look to perform very well for their size.

Yeah, I'm running them in my Ncase watercooled build. No issues with them.

There's still better options in 25mm fans though. Especially if I was to go RGB.

If I order my Cerebrus X, I'll be making modifications to the front panel to make it a bit more breathable.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Yeah, I'm running them in my Ncase watercooled build. No issues with them.

There's still better options in 25mm fans though. Especially if I was to go RGB.
Nothing says premium more than cat sh1t brown fans :p
I have a mix of noctua 120 and 140 25mm fans in my current, definitely worth the coin.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
I spoke to KSliger earlier, he said that extra ventilation on front panel is both possible and likely . He also indicated it would not be much of an upcharge.

I feel like I am talking myself into paying crazy shipping fees.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
@Taswegian , did you place an order yet?

You betcha, I maxxed that puppy out too :cool:

Cerb-X
Red with black top.
Handle
All the PSU mount options.
1x 3.5 & 3x 2.5 drive mounts (overlooked that the base case already has 2x 2.5 mount locations, opps)

Very glad they offered a black top option, I was dangerously close to ordering a second set of panels to achieve that contrast :D

Bit sad I didn't check the forum first thing today as I might have missed the first batch and for me +2wks is more like +2mths due to travel.

phazeshifta

Cable Smoosher
Nov 23, 2017
I spoke to KSliger earlier, he said that extra ventilation on front panel is both possible and likely . He also indicated it would not be much of an upcharge.

I feel like I am talking myself into paying crazy shipping fees.

Extra ventilation shouldn't be that big a deal. A drill press or laser cutting service near you would be able to make any ventilation you want a reality.

Extending the front panel out a few more mm would be amazing though. Maybe a revision 2...

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Extra ventilation shouldn't be that big a deal. A drill press or laser cutting service near you would be able to make any ventilation you want a reality.

Kind of a shame to do it after the powder coat. At best the bore of the holes will then be bare ally, at worst chipped or scorched powder coat on front.

Far better to have Sliger laser cut it before coating if possible.

Extending the front panel out a few more mm would be amazing though. Maybe a revision 2...

I get what you're saying, but giving up a few mm for this, then a few more for that, and on and on is how things bloat to regular size.

This case is great largely because of the well judged restraint, and not trying to be all things to all people while still offering amazing flexibility.

A deeper front panel, optionally vented, would be a very cool future option to offer although with low volume & premium materials ya gotta be prepared to pay handsomely for such things.

It's great the way the design affords such great options though.

screentones

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 23, 2017
You betcha, I maxxed that puppy out too :cool:

Cerb-X
Red with black top.
Handle
All the PSU mount options.
1x 3.5 & 3x 2.5 drive mounts (overlooked that the base case already has 2x 2.5 mount locations, opps)

Very glad they offered a black top option, I was dangerously close to ordering a second set of panels to achieve that contrast :D

Bit sad I didn't check the forum first thing today as I might have missed the first batch and for me +2wks is more like +2mths due to travel.

where is the link to buy the handle? I Couldnt find it anywhere

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
What are the odds of getting a tempered glass side panel version?

Very good I think. Somewhere in the thread you'll see prototypes with a window. Only in the lower section, upper vents are retained. Not sure if the idea was just deferred or on indefinite hold but if the higher that expected popularity continues I'm sure the bigger audience improves the odds of more options.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Wait a sec please..:)
Making some vents on front panel is surely doable...however it won’t allow you to put 25mm thick fan on front panel...i tried to put some 25mm and as far as i remembered i was not even able to plug back front panel..:)