Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Hi.
I am new in the forum. Yes, I know that is late, but if is possible, I would like to be in the list for Cerberus. I have been searching in the net a case for a mATX of small size, but I don't find nothing similar.

No doubt, Cerberus is unique.

Regards

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
can one stack radiator-fan-radiator under the SFX PSU?

this doesn't work the way you'd hope it would. radiators do a very efficient job of heating the air passing through them, so the air that reaches the second radiator is almost as hot as the coolant temp in the first radiator. if both radiators are in the same loop, then the second radiator is basically just useless and in the way. in a dual loop like you're describing, the loop using the inner radiator would have double the coolant delta T of the loop using the outer radiator.

(for reference, see http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?220874-More-Radiator-Sandwich-testing)

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
There have been some minor changes since the prototype but it's basically the same.
So as long as I stick inside (away from the keepout space) with the old version I'd be ok? (oh btw would blank/semiblank backplates be sold?)

I'm deciding between mounting the dummy device/s directly to the plate, and actually accomodating two half-height PCI brackets. One's a quick and easy drill job while the other would give me options down the road should I decide to switch them

Ahh I see. Didn't think that the first would warm the second one. Thanks!

Late EDIT: Was thinking something like this. The half-height slot used is wrong (in terms of the kind of mounting head that's there, it's supposed to face the other way) but I roughly accounted for that in the rough cutout sketch. the bend won't be as long as the mounting head (or lip or what you call that), just enough to have a spot where the screw sits.

There a second hole (where the orange rectangle is) for the additional retention plate for the lower part of the bracket. This setup's up-side down, because the fan's in the way, and having it the right way up would mean the lower retention fingers would overrun into the motherboard's IO shield

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Ahh crap I'd be interfering with the rear vent. I'll just be mounting them directly without the brackets then. Thanks!

(nuts, my diagram was comically off mark, LOL)

Etaoin Shrdlu

What's an ITX?
Mar 3, 2017
Another one here, desperately seeking ultra-compact workstation - mATX is the perfect compromise, and the Cerberus looks amazing; please add me to the list!

evasiveH

Case Bender
Mar 3, 2017
Are we being linked to from someplace? :p

Seems like we have a new uptick in folks learning about Cerberus. Where are you all discovering us, if you don't mind my asking?

Personally I found you guys with google. I was trying to find the smallest matx case without giving up features, but "smallest matx case" didn't return what I was looking for. Then I thought a small matx case would for sure have to support sfx. So I searched "matx sfx" with quotes, and your website ranked 2nd if I remember correctly.

Welcome!

I'll add you to the list.

Thank you!

Reactions: Phuncz

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Are we being linked to from someplace? :p

Seems like we have a new uptick in folks learning about Cerberus. Where are you all discovering us, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm betting a few were like me, found long before now, but never bothered to post. They have probably been checking in every so often but unwilling to post but now that preproduction runs look close they are hoping retail isn't far away.

Reactions: Phuncz

Cortsar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 22, 2017
Ive been following for a while, am now building a new pc and your cases happen to be close to physical reality. Looking for a small matx case without having to make my own. Ces might have something to do with people searching for a small case again.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I know its long, but mind as well ask just in case.. can you add me to the list?

Sure thing.

I saw this case on youtube and i really want to buy. How to buy? Have to wait?
This case is so cooòooooool

Add me too

We'll do a normal production run later this year. But there are some spare units from the pre-production run we did recently and that's what the waiting list is for.

There are quite a bit more people on the list at this point than there are units available so don't get your hopes up to much to get in on this batch.