Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Was thinking something discreet (black) vs something that looks nice (Red or White, but if I ever bunk or dorm next time I fear the small possibility of it getting stolen ._.)

Beige's exactly the middle of the two for me: it's something that's good looking and still a little discreet, but still gives me the feeling it's burglar-prone ._.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
@Aibohphobia, am I too late to pop down a deposit?

I can add you to the waiting list but it's quite long at this point so don't get your hopes up too much.

KI can also make a gun metal (dark metallic gray) version...:)

I've gotten samples of it, but we probably won't be offering it for production to keep logistics simple.

Reactions: VegetableStu

mirshko

Caliper Novice
Onshape
Sep 22, 2015
onshape.com
Status + Beige!

@Aibohphobia Please tell me the power and USB cutouts will be more centered on that bottom of the top panel and the bottom of the grill space in the final unit?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Please tell me the power and USB cutouts will be more centered on that bottom of the top panel and the bottom of the grill space in the final unit?

No, it looks a bit awkward, but it's the result of the limited space inside the front panel, leaving enough room for the nut for the power switch, avoiding allowing the PSU to intake it's own exhaust, etc.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ahhh, makes sense.

Thats fine. Still wish I could get a top panel without front USB XD

For what it's worth, it bugged me in renders but feels fine in person. Seeing the panel with the cutouts, or the case without the front panel, exaggerates the un-centerdness, but it makes more sense as part of the whole.

mirshko

Caliper Novice
Onshape
Sep 22, 2015
onshape.com
For what it's worth, it bugged me in renders but feels fine in person. Seeing the panel with the cutouts, or the case without the front panel, exaggerates the un-centerdness, but it makes more sense as part of the whole.

I could see that! I'm just happy to see some images of the case. Im really just looking forward to replacing my matx corsair case with something more refined and monolithic. :D

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ahhh, makes sense.

Thats fine. Still wish I could get a top panel without front USB XD

No USB could be an option, I was going to make an unvented top panel. (using two solid/unvented side panels for a solid panel all around case)

I hope you will be able to sold separately customised/colored/plexiglas panel..:D

That's something we could support - for Jeffinslaw's Project mATX had both clear and smoked side panels.

KI can also make a gun metal (dark metallic gray) version...:)

Have some powders we're going to do some samples of, just upgraded to an automated line for our production work - batch booth is free to paint small quantities of panels in any color at any time.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
For specific panels I'll see after reception of my Cerberus-X that will use to build my new setup called "Red Dwarf"..:D (easy guess what is panel color..:))

Last edited:
Reactions: jeshikat